PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel

disneygeek87
12-10-2002, 05:33 PM
I have never stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel and I am going in 2 Weeks. I am very excited and wondering what it is like. Does anybody know things about the rooms, the views, etc.?

kranders
12-10-2002, 06:15 PM
We've always stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, but once the DLH priced us out and we stayed at the Paradise Pier. We found it quite enjoyable.

We had the concierge service and stayed on the 3rd floor in what they call a "cabana" room. Basically, they are on the pool level so you have a porch with some lawn furniture out there!

We had a great time, the service is great, rooms are pretty large, can't beat the private entrance to DCA. We really didn't notice it being all that much further to things than the DLH.

Mythgard
12-11-2002, 05:16 PM
I stayed there for one night in the beginning of November. It was a beautiful hotel, and a wonderful staff. I would definately recommend the Paradise Pier hotel to anyone. We got a Theme Park View room on the 6th floor. Very nice!!

SoCalSnowWhite
12-11-2002, 05:41 PM
We stayed for a night in July and I thought it was great!! The rooms were fairly large and we had a great view of DCA. The pool wasn't anything special, so I recommend if you want to go for a swim to use the Disneyland Hotel Pool instead.

DuckyDelite
12-12-2002, 07:48 AM
I stayed there last year and was pleasantly surprised. Nice sized rooms with a coffee maker and ironing board.

We had a Park view room which had a great view of DCA's Paradise Pier. I think they may consider the park side rooms a different "rate" category now, but it couldn't hurt to ask for one when you get there. The rooms on the back side of the hotel over look the pool and the area behind DLH. (Not a bad view -- you just can't see the park).

Trying to get breakfast was bit cumbersome, though. Both the restaurant and the coffee stand when I stayed there were really crowded. (Hopefully they have improved the throughput on these.) We decided to head for the park and try to eat over there. We went in through the DCA resort entrance only to find none of the food areas opened in that area until 11:00am! We decided California Screamin' was more important than eating and had a great time anyway.

roberts1398
12-12-2002, 04:49 PM
I just stayed here this past weekend! You'll be VERY happy here. Gorgeous rooms. Very comfy beds with lots of fluffy, feather-like pillows. Individual digital temperature controls. Small fridge, iron & board, hair dryers, etc. in the room. Terrific service. Quick and easy check in.

We stayed in room 802 -- corner room, with two sets of windows and an incredible view, with the Orange Stinger and Maliboomer seemingly right outside the window.

We also had room service one night... prices were I'm guessing the same as in the coffee shop, with only a $2 delivery charge and tip automatically included in the bill (19%). Arrived in less than 1/2 hour, hot, beautifully presented, WONDERFUL!

Only negative is the fact that there is no shuttle to DL & DCA. There is a private entrance to DCA's Paradise Pier area for PPH hotel guests only (right inside the driveway to GCH), but it's still a hefty walk, and you can only use it during DCA's operating hours (so no early entry to MS in DL, or leaving thru after the fireworks). This can be a bit much after a long day on your feet.

But everything else is absolutely first class here!

Did you get an AP rate, or are you staying there over Christmas? I got it for $79/nite, which I think is an absolute steal...

disneygeek87
12-12-2002, 06:59 PM
I wish I got the room for $79 a night. I wound up paying $225 a night for 3 nights, but it sounds like it will be worth it. I am so excited!

SoCalSnowWhite
12-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Whoa, disneygeek!! $225 is pretty high. Did you look at Expedia? Check out Mousesaver.com, it has some great moneysaving tips about Disney trips!

disneygeek87
12-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the tip, but Expedia.com wants $229 a night. Does anybody know if the PPH is nicely decorated or anything?

disneygeek87
12-13-2002, 04:57 PM
Sorry, one more question. Do you know if there is any chance of geting a complimentary upgrade while staying there? Thanks!