PDA

View Full Version : Need a last-minute gift? Disneyland Resort shops offer unprecedented discounts

AVP
12-18-2008, 10:27 AM
From my MousePlanet Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=317):

The Disneyland Resort shops are offering unprecidented discounts on seasonal, holiday and discontinued merchandise, and shoppers with an eye for a bargain may be able to snap up some great deals for last-minute gifts. Selected items from discontinued collections are now 40% off, with an assortment that includes everything from t-shirts and pins to coffee mugs and playing cards.

A surprising selection of toys are now 25% off, including some big-ticket items I've never before seen discounted. All holiday pins, including Limited Edition styles, are also 25% off.

The biggest surprise was the decision to discount most holiday merchandise, including ornaments and home decor, by as much as 50% off a full week before Christmas. The sale began this morning, and delighted shoppers are carrying away bags and bags of holiday gifts.

If you don't have theme park admission, the biggest selection of items will be available at the World of Disney shop in Downtown Disney. The gift shops of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels have some holiday merchandise, with the Disneyland Hotel's Fantasia shop offering by far the biggest collection of the three.

For those with valid admission, don't forget to check out the shops in the far-flung corners of the theme parks. Star Traders in Tomorrowland, Gag Factory in ToonTown and the temporary Christmas shop in New Orleans Square will be good places to look for holiday items after the better-known stores sell out. In DCA, Greetings from California and Off the Page are your best bets.

Happy shopping!

AVP

shan7805
12-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Man!!! Guess we are heading to Dl tonight. had an evening trip planned for tomorrow- but it looks like I have no choice. There probably wont be much left by tomorrow. Thanks for the info AVP!!

So excited for shopping.............

Second Star
12-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Hope there are so deals left Saturday evening and Sunday. We head out Saturday Morning.

Weee!!! 1 day and 2 wake-ups. :D

shan7805
12-18-2008, 08:33 PM
WOWWEEE!!! Went tonight and got some FAB deals. All the Christmas stuff with the exception of "Media" (Books, Cd's, Movies) was 50% off!! I even got Jim SHore Figurines for 50% off. Stuff is going quick! The parks were packed as it is the last days for some of the Ap's. Also got some princess hoodies for the little ones at 40% off and lots of toys/games for 25% off. Never seen a sale like this a Disneyland. TOTALLY worth the trip down. Going again tomorrow- maybe can find some more stuff..........

Tisha
12-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Ooh this sounds amazing! My AP is blocked out now, but I may need to make a trip to Downtown Disney to check out the sale. Too bad I have such a busy weekend (Christmas party and moving), and wouldn't make it until Monday. Probably all be gone by then.

Drince88
12-19-2008, 08:23 AM
This sounds very similar to the sale they had going on in Florida starting over the weekend. It was really hard to walk through those shops and not buy something on a 'good sale' but I did well on my restraint.

bassett1976
12-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Thank you for the information.

My wife, son and I went down to DLR tonight in hopes of a good deal. After four years of my wife wanting a tree skirt and not wanting to pay the $60-$75 for one we were able to purchase our first tree skirt. We only paid $35 and also got a Christmas flag for $10 (for the house) and a stuffed animal for $6.

Sleeping Beauty's mom
12-19-2008, 08:59 PM
We were there yesterday and I snagged a Jim Shore figurine, from WOD.
:D I couldn't believe how much was on sale. Some of the clothing looked like it was for Valentine's day (to me) and it was on sale. Gosh, I wish I would have thought about going in Off the Page, but probably for my wallet's sake, its better that I missed it.:(

yenko427
12-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Why could they not have done this last weekend when I was there........:mad:

landj
12-20-2008, 09:45 PM
We were there Nov.30-Dec.7 & the stuff that was 40% off was most of the '2008 or '08 stuff....and...Dreams stuff.

Wendi
12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Funny, I was just telling my mom that I'd never really seen any discounts at the Disney shops, but we just got back from WDW and all of their shops had 40% of all T-Shirts and Mugs, and 50% off almost all of the Christmas items (ornaments, tree skirts, hats, etc.)

Tisha
12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Has anyone been in the last couple days? Can anyone give me news on how much selection is left at World of Disney? I'm interested in Christmas stuff mostly, but also other discounts.

CindyR
12-26-2008, 03:05 PM
I went Monday and there wasn't much left. Some fairly plain Mickey shaped ornaments and some random decorations, flags, etc, and some toys and children's clothing still there, but there definately wasn't a ton of stuff. I think it went pretty quickly through the weekend. I didn't end up buying anything when I went, but if you're not looking for anything imparticular you never know. I just went in the store in downtown disney and the hotel though.

mckygirl99
12-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I liked the fact that I could still get my PAP discount on top of the sale price. I got two ornaments, normally 14.00 each for 13.58 total. I was so happy!