PDA

View Full Version : Misplaced Attractions

Pages : [1] 2

DisneylandKid
07-11-2001, 01:02 PM
I've created this section for people to post their thoughts on attractions that would do better in other lands, or in a land of its own. (Hypothetical example: I think that Autopia should be in Tomorrowland instead of Critter Country :))

DisneylandKid
07-11-2001, 01:03 PM
Why are they building the Millionaire attraction in Hollywood Pictures Backlot? If you think about it, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire has nothing to do with Hollywood. Isn't it filmed in New York??? Will somebody fill me in here.

Lacrosse Boy
07-11-2001, 01:04 PM
I think that Winnie the Pooh belongs in Fantasyland instead of Critter Country. Just put in AA figures in the Motorboat Lagoon, and Honey Pots inthe water since the tracks already exist. Not too hard is it?

JRob2k1
07-11-2001, 01:09 PM
Millionaire is a game-show. Game-shows are filmed in Hollywood.(for the most part) Millionaire is going to be placed into a "soundstage." Soundstages are found on Movie company backlots, which happen to be in...Hollywood.

Its not that hard of a strech to place Millionaire in Hollywood. I got nothing against Millionaire too, I kinda look foward to it. It will be something new and the reviews from WDW are nothing but good. They all say its really fun, even though the show is blah now!!

And its also an easily replaceable show when it gets old, so I think its a smart move by Disney!

-JRob

DisneylandKid
07-11-2001, 01:12 PM
OK... I kind of agree with JRob2k1 now about Millionaire.

I do, however, think that Critter Country is the best place to put Winnie the Pooh. Fantasyland would work, though, if Disneyland didn't have Critter Country.

DisneylandBoy
07-11-2001, 01:13 PM
I think that Autopia seems kind of out of place. I mean, driving cars isn't really in the future. We do that today. I don't get it. Also . . . Innoventions, well . . . that is just not good. Not good at all.

DisneylandKid
07-11-2001, 01:53 PM
Not that the Orange Stinger is exactly "misplaced" in Paradise Pier, but I think that a very scaled-down version of it would've worked in Bountiful Valley Farm. Perhaps they could have the concept of the swings in different fruits as well so that each one could be smaller with still a large capacity. The could be hanging from a giant tree, too! The mini-land needs more attractions anyway. Just a thought...maybe not a good one...but a thought nonetheless :)

Matterhorn Fan
07-11-2001, 07:08 PM
It's not too much of a stretch to put Millionaire in the Hollywood section, but I wonder why, when Millionaire is slipping in the ratings, they aren't putting something similar but new in. ABC's You Don't Know Jack comes to mind--they could promote a new show as well as giving people something else to do at DCA.

Napsto
07-11-2001, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
Not that the Orange Stinger is exactly "misplaced" in Paradise Pier, but I think that a very scaled-down version of it would've worked in Bountiful Valley Farm. Perhaps they could have the concept of the swings in different fruits as well so that each one could be smaller with still a large capacity. The could be hanging from a giant tree, too! The mini-land needs more attractions anyway. Just a thought...maybe not a good one...but a thought nonetheless :)

that is a good idea.

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-12-2001, 09:30 AM
Disneylandkid, Did you mean that Autopia should be in Critter Country instead of TL?;)

disneyland_master
07-12-2001, 09:50 AM
I always thought that the Matterhorn should be in Tommorrow Land, but that was only because on the map, it really isn't in the center or on the inside of Fanytasy land....

Lacrosse Boy
07-12-2001, 12:36 PM
How does the Matterhorn relate to a futuristic theme?

dgthx
07-12-2001, 02:20 PM
Innoventions should be relocated to Yesterland and America Sings should be brought back!

The rafts to Tom Sawyers Island should be moved to either critter country or frontierland. I don't think it fits in very well in NOS.

DisneylandKid
07-12-2001, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by PirateoftheCaribbean
Disneylandkid, Did you mean that Autopia should be in Critter Country instead of TL?;)

No, I definitely don't think Autopia should be in Critter Country. I was just using it as an example.

Napsto
07-12-2001, 05:01 PM
i think disney has done a pretty good job of placing there attractions.

Largent81
07-12-2001, 08:00 PM
Matterhorn did used to be a part of tomorrow land. They realized that it didn't make sense and moved it to fantasy land. However, I do think Pooh should be in fl but indoors. Some type of water ride in the motor boat lagoon, and maybe a the bears turned into a dark ride in critter country. Just an idea. I love the bears, but it would be good for a change.:rolleyes:

DisneylandKid
07-16-2001, 10:23 AM
I have always kind of thought that the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes shouldn't be in Critter Country but rather Frontierland. First of all, exploration doesn't really have to do with critters and everything else on the Rivers of America is in Frontierland.

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-16-2001, 04:58 PM
I always thought that, too. I thimk they may have had to put it in CC because of dock location.

Napsto
07-19-2001, 05:26 PM
maybe you have a point!

FantasmicFan82
07-19-2001, 08:05 PM
Yeah!
Turn the Canoe Dock into a Raft Dock, and the Raft dock into a canoe dock. If fantasmic can be in Frontierland, so can the canoes. but then again, so can the raft to tom sawyer's island. there's just no room on the right side of the river. howabout something better to cross that river?

DisneylandKid
07-19-2001, 08:25 PM
I've always wondered why America Sings was in Tomorrowland. I never saw the show, but from what I've heard, it didn't seem very futuristic.

Largent81
07-19-2001, 11:00 PM
Same here. It would have fit in better on Main Street imo. But maybe it was because it was supposedly a "theatre of the future" or some other lame excuse.

Morrigoon
07-19-2001, 11:36 PM
The rafts to TSI are very appropriately in NOS. N'Awlins is, after all, a city on the Mississippi River.

DisneylandKid
07-20-2001, 07:54 AM
The Rafts to Tom Sawyer's Island appear to be in NOS, but on the Disneyland map, they are in the Frontierland section. The canoes, however, are listed with Critter Country.

kennyhues
07-20-2001, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
ABC's You Don't Know Jack comes to mind--they could promote a new show as well as giving people something else to do at DCA.

Killer idea. Too good, actually. Won't happen. I love the game, and think it'd be great to see it in DCA, but I can see how the TDA Suits would be afraid of it. To their way of thinking, Millionaire can be played by all ages. You Don't Know Jack lends itself to a more adult orientation, at least if it remains faithful to the vibe of the original computer game. Maybe I'm reaching here, but it seems to fit in with their recent pattern of nervous-nellie, tragically short-sighted, missing-the-obvious thinking.

If the current level of creative effort is applied, they'll probably do "Win Ben Stein's Money" after Millionaire poops out. With minimal changes to the set. After all, those automated, motorized lights cost a lot of money.