PDA

View Full Version : Rain at Disney

familyfunguy
12-10-2002, 10:38 AM
As I look over the weather forecast for my dates at DL and DCA I notice a 60% chance of Showers on Tuesday 12/17 For those of you in Southern Cali. what is rainfall like there? Heavy showers, light drizzle, or a little bit of all. Also what is the park like on rainy days do more rides get closed down? What about parades? Any info. would be great. Thanks

YuriJjang
12-10-2002, 12:09 PM
Hello,

Well when I was there during the Thanksgiving Weekend it was pretty rainy and windy. In my opinion it rained pretty hard. I know if it is raining too hard and windy, Believe! gets cancelled :( Alice get's shut down due to rain as well. As far as parades, I'm not sure. Just be sure to pack an umbrella and jacket and you'll be fine :)

Rallymonkey23
12-10-2002, 12:31 PM
Hi familyfunguy,

You can find out more about what happens at the parks when it rains at THIS (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11402&highlight=rain) link. Hope that helps ya!

hefferdude
12-10-2002, 12:40 PM
If its heavy rain ( 1+ inches in 24 hr ).
Most anything exposed to outside - parades, particularly ELP - any fireworks - the snow machines ( soap ) - any rides with outside tracks not including the monorail or the DLRR.
Light rain drizzle - think anything that falls under SSS. (slip, skid or short)

Caveat - we've been to DLR during intermittant light rain and had a blast! Just wear a light poncho, cagoul or keep a collapsable umbrella handy. Lines are shorter. They kept most everything running as best they could. We had the BIHM fireworks but no snow.

The park - dressed for the holidays - looked absolutley spectacular after a brief rain. Everything glistened.:)

HBTiggerFan
12-10-2002, 01:29 PM
With a 60% of showers, I would expect little to no "real rain" and just some light sprinkles here and there.