PDA

View Full Version : Ticket discount

crmagles
12-16-2008, 08:18 AM
As a annual passholder, if I want to purchase theme park tickets as christmas gifts, do I get a discount.

Bytebear
12-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Nope.

kiowa
12-16-2008, 10:57 AM
speaking of discounts, I had an extra 2 day park hopper that I got from my work for a christmas gift. I get two every year, and every year i use one towards my Ap. Nice little perk. this year none of my friends wanted the ticket. so I thought I would sell it for a good price and help even more with my AP. I thought people would jump at the chance to buy it. They did, but no one wanted to meet up in person, no one trusted that the ticket was legit, no one wanted to call to discuss. I told them to tell me how they wanted to work it out and everytime they came up with a plan they would stop and think to themselves about it, then say it wouldn't work out. One lady wanted me to drive to disneyland, watch her walk through the gate with the ticket and then she would give me the money.

So why did they reply if there was no way of them buying it? I have no clue.

i guess we live in a society where trust is not easy to come by. Sad.

cstephens
12-16-2008, 11:58 AM
i guess we live in a society where trust is not easy to come by.

I would never trust buying from a stranger when I didn't know anything about the person or the ticket. It's not worth the risk to me, nor would I ever recommend it to someone. It's happened to people where they thought they were buying this or that and they ended up getting cheated. Yes, people are distrustful, but that's with good reason, and it's a smart strategy.

Bolivar
12-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Well yeah, but you wouldn't respond to the ad in the first place.

racccoon
12-16-2008, 12:56 PM
It is not that society is untrusting, but there are a few crooks out there. A friend of mine bought tickets from Craigslist. They called the seller and she said she will come and meet them at the park and give them the tickets. If she didn't show up, then they would just have bought a full price ticket. The print out looked legit, the same kind of print out that I would usually get from my work. But when they went to the ticket booth, the print out was no longer valid. So they had to go buy a full price ticket and lost the money they bought the discounted ticket for. But the seller made a big mistake, she used her real cell number, so they called her many times demanding the money back. We even have a friend trace her number for us so we even sent her a mailing to her home stating that we will take legal action if she did not refund the money. That scared her and she paid us back. In the end, we got to be careful who is selling tickets.

twindaddy
12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
One lady wanted me to drive to disneyland, watch her walk through the gate with the ticket and then she would give me the money.

I would have done the same thing. Sorry, that is the world we live in. Too many scams out there, especially when it comes to tickets.

kiowa
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
But if you didn't trust buying from a person why would you respond to their ad?

I myself have had many friends buy from ebay, craiglist, etc and never had problems. I understand the risk you are taking but to respond to an ad and then email almost 20 times back and forth with ever email being about not being able to make it work. Why would you do that to yourself and the seller when you are not OK with any method of buying the tickets?

soccerlady16
12-16-2008, 10:05 PM
One lady wanted me to drive to disneyland, watch her walk through the gate with the ticket and then she would give me the money.

Then she would scam you and not come back out!:D