PDA

View Full Version : Evacuation Procedures

ErikBsandiego
12-09-2002, 02:29 PM
On Saturday after the fireworks it was VERY crowded trying to get out. SOme of this is attributable to the people trying to get back to the hub but also it was a function of sheer number of people and the "capacity" of mainstreet.

Question - if the park ever need to be evacuated is there a way to move lots of people through exits OTHER than mainstreet?

Ghoulish Delight
12-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by ErikBsandiego
On Saturday after the fireworks it was VERY crowded trying to get out. SOme of this is attributable to the people trying to get back to the hub but also it was a function of sheer number of people and the "capacity" of mainstreet.

Question - if the park ever need to be evacuated is there a way to move lots of people through exits OTHER than mainstreet? I would presume they would open one (or, more likely, all) of several backstage access gates. Ones that come to mind are the parade gates (next to Small World and at the end of Main street), the gates at the Fantasyland end of Big Thunder Trail, I'm sure there's a route out from Critter Country, etc. There's no way they'd try to shove everyone through the entrance gate.

Mad Hatter
12-09-2002, 07:11 PM
:D Goog guess GD, We would use many of the service gates to evacuate in time of emergency :eek:

tabacco
12-09-2002, 11:46 PM
Yeah, there's that gate by the Indy show building (next to the picnic area) which would be easily accessible by lots of people coming from main street if it were neccesary.

avromark
12-10-2002, 09:20 AM
Actually I heard that in order to save money, Pressler decided the best way to evacuate everyone is to have a loan crowd control cm stand in front of a single turnstile asking everyone to politely wait their turn and line up in a single line, show proof of entry (ticket), submit to a full body search then pass through a metal detector. The guests would then queue up again and calmly load the lone operating tram which when loaded to triple design capacity would drive 5km/h (to save gas and be ecologically friendly) down the highway to San Francisco ( a safe distance away) where the guests would be thanked for their troubles and asked to calmly walk to their cars and exit Disneyland.

Jay has yet to rectify this malady!