PDA

View Full Version : Backstage Pass [AP Publication]?

Pages : [1] 2

K & S
12-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Has anyone received a Backstage Pass magazine recently? The past two years the Winter edition included a shopping coupon but with only a little more than two weeks until Christmas I haven’t received one.

:confused:

Bytebear
12-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I just got mine a few days ago. Why do they only send one per household, even though we have multiple APs here?

Malcon10t
12-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I just got mine a few days ago. Why do they only send one per household, even though we have multiple APs here?Because its a "family" thing. What did I do? I put everyone at different addresses. So now everyone gets theirs.

bananaman20
12-10-2008, 03:22 PM
It's not online either. They usually post it there before I recieve it in the mail and I haven't recieved it in the mail neither

pretty Omi
12-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Haven't gotten mine yet, but my friend who lives a few blocks over did

MamaBaer
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM
My husband and i recevied ours yesterday, but my daughter says she hasn't gotten one all year.

I'll check moine for the cupon tonight and let you know.

MamaBaer
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Because its a "family" thing. What did I do? I put everyone at different addresses. So now everyone gets theirs.

My husband and I each get one with each issue.

ScottC4746
12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I havent gotten one all year either. I am still waiting on my confirmation from Grand California for October that I booked a few months ago.

Bytebear
12-11-2008, 01:25 PM
My husband and I each get one with each issue.

Did you renew at the same time? I renewed both passes together, so maybe that's why. The odd thing is, I renewed using my partner's renewal form but it comes addressed to me.

MamaBaer
12-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Did you renew at the same time? I renewed both passes together, so maybe that's why. The odd thing is, I renewed using my partner's renewal form but it comes addressed to me.

No we didn't, but the thing with my daughter is odd because her AP is registered at her dad's address, not mine.

VickiC
12-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Got ours yesterday, sorry no coupons.

MamaBaer
12-12-2008, 09:44 AM
The only coupon I saw that can be used at the resort is the pretzel store.

AnotherJenny
12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
My Backstage Pass came yesterday. I gave it a quick flip through and tossed it because I didn't find anything interesting, and it was a bit thin. Sort of disappointing for an issue about the holidays to show up on the 17th when So Cal passes are valid up until the 18th and Deluxe until the 19th. When I remember it should have some I read it online, but it's still fun to get it in the email. This issue was not fun, though.

houseofmouse
12-18-2008, 01:06 PM
I have not even gotten mine. :crying:

Tinkermommy
12-18-2008, 02:05 PM
We got ours today.

Besides the pretzel coupon, there are offers for AP holders to buy one large candle, get one half price at Illuminations; save 15 percent at the Disney Store through Dec. 20 (hurry! LOL); APs who spend $100 or more at Lego in DD will receive a $10 Lego gift card in addition to the 10 percent AP discount; APs get free skate rental at Irvine Spectrum Center's holiday ice rink; there is an AP price of $45 for two people for the annual Gingerbread House workshop at the Jazz Kitchen (last date is Dec. 20); and a buy one, get one free to the Pacific Symphony performance of "Nutcracker for Kids." (Of course, the Nutcracker thing was held Dec. 13, so finding about that on Dec. 18 was kind of pointless, but it's the thought that counts, right? :p)

torquedork
12-18-2008, 07:59 PM
I had gotten mine but getting the magazine isn't consistance

HobbitFeet
12-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I've kept all the ones we've received since getting our first APs in Sept '07, and they seem to always send them out way too late for most of the deals/information in them. It's like the people in charge of sending them aren't reading them.

That said, I haven't gotten mine yet. :( Oh, and sometimes only I get mine, sometimes 2 of us get them, and once all 3 of us got one. We each have different last names (hubby and I kept our own names, and DS is hyphenated) which explains the "all 3" time, but the other times I just don't get. It's the same address though.

Doug
12-21-2008, 01:07 PM
The Magazine has been intermitent for me as well... I thought they dropped it all together once... could of sworn I read about it here on MP ... then they started showing up again......... Now if I can just keep them from sending that dam Family Fun magazine! I keep calling them, and telling them NOT to send it to me...... They always remind me "it's free!", but I do not have a faimly, so what is the point? It's just filling the trash....... So, BSP comes sometimes, FF shows up almost every month...... sigh

Andrew
12-21-2008, 01:30 PM
We live in Northern California (Palo Alto) and haven't received one since before Halloween.

tchatters
12-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Doug- We get THREE copies of Family Fun and THREE copies of Wondertime! I can't make it stop. Their suggestion "give it to a friend" was ridiculous!

And yet... we have not received a Backstage Pass since July when it was handed to us with our APs.

houseofmouse
12-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Still have not recieved my backstage either. However tried to go online and read it on Disney's website and they still have the fall one on there!!

DisneyFunFamily4
12-21-2008, 05:03 PM
I haven't recieved mine yet, and since our AP's expire today :crying: I dont anticipate getting one anytime soon. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see if we start getting them again when we renew in april....

torquedork
12-22-2008, 07:53 AM
I agree with you Doug - seems like that they don't care if people like the family fun magazine or even that fact of wasting money on making the family fun magazine especially when people never had requested them to begin with

AnotherJenny
12-22-2008, 08:31 AM
I haven't recieved mine yet, and since our AP's expire today :crying: I dont anticipate getting one anytime soon. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see if we start getting them again when we renew in april....

I've gotten it when I'm lapsed about as often as when I have a pass. Really it's not as good as it was a few years ago, I just make sure to check it online every so often to see if I'm missing something I'd be interested in.

Wendi
12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
We haven't gotten ours yet either, but we seem to get them later than everyone else - Max and I each get them too, not sure why...