PDA

View Full Version : Roger Rabbit AND Great Moments

Nfatuated
07-11-2001, 12:16 PM
i really hope these two attractions have considerable improvements. The last Time I remeber Great moments open was april 0f 2000, correct me if I am wrong. How long can it possibly take to add new safety features to Roger? Has anyone heard when this attraction will re-open its been 9 months since we have seen this ride in operation. This is not a bash at Disney, but we are already missing subs and rockets with nothing to replace so in all reality 3 e-tickets are missing with nothing to replace them with.

Castmbrdlx
07-11-2001, 12:25 PM
Great Moments will open to the public sometime this month. I hear that the new show is pretty good. Not sure about rogger rabbit. I think attractions castmembers are going thru additional saftey traing for that attraction.

JRob2k1
07-11-2001, 12:31 PM
Roger Rabbit took some time because they had to do a thorough investigation now and then they had to re-do a bunch of systems in the ride. The vehicles are totally altered, with doors. There is a skirt under the vehicles and if anything touches it, the ride will auto stop, etc...

Plus, they probably had to re-train all the CM's on the new systems. So I knew it was going to take some time.

-JRob

Napsto
07-11-2001, 09:27 PM
lincoln= july 17
roger rabbit= someone said thursday.

Castmbrdlx
07-12-2001, 07:48 AM
Yes Lincoln definatly July 17. As a castmember I will see it tonight. I cant confirm roger rabbit. I was told to refer guest to city hall with any questions about it. I guess it's a touchy subject.

Castmbrdlx
07-13-2001, 07:42 AM
I was able to see great moments at the cast preview last night and It was excellent! Here are the changes directly from our cast preview sheet.

1. The show features the addition of a Civil War story line that places guets in the center of the narrative, and the intoduction of binaural sound. The grand finale still features Abraham Lincoln's stirring delivery of the Gettysburg Address.

2. Binaural sound is a recording and playback technology where the listener experiences sound layers which seem to originate from different areas of the theater.

3. Binaural sound was first used in a disney attraction at the disney MGM studios in Florida. This is its first application at the Disneyland Resort.

I don't want to give anything away so just see it when it opens on July 17th. It is a 100% improvment I was blown away. The Theater lobby is a bit different and one of Walt's offices is gone and replaced with pictures of Walt and his wife. The beginning of the show is mostly about walt and his life.

lisap
07-13-2001, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the info--I can't wait to see it--it sounds so interesting!!

OPDGuy
07-13-2001, 08:26 AM
Im so glad to hear that Roger is open again and that the new "Great Moments" show is wonderful. But I never heard is the Monorail doing round trips again with the "Be Our Guest" feature? Can't wait to see the new Great Moments!!!

OPD GUY

Nfatuated
07-13-2001, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the info. I cant wait to see the new show!

blusilva
07-13-2001, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Nfatuated
so in all reality 3 e-tickets are missing with nothing to replace them with.

Nit.

Pick.

GMWML was never an E ticket.

That's not to say it isn't an *emotional* "e ticket".

I'm very excited to see it. All the reviews have been positive so far!

Nfatuated
07-13-2001, 07:46 PM
Blusilva, Maybe you misunderstood my post or just read the end of it? But never did I say Great Moments was an E ticket. I said Roger, Subs, and Rockets (I know the later two are deceased), but still the point was untill yesterday we have been without three main attractions, with nothing to replace them. And I specifically stated that i was not attacking disney, just simply observing. So your little nit pick comment was unnessecary