PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

priyanka59
12-07-2002, 10:15 AM
Hey does anyone know if the Sleeping BeAuty Castle WaLkThRoUgH is open yet? I have never been on it, or walked through it and I really want to. The last time I went to DL was in late July, the day It's a Small World reopened from its long time rehab. When I checked to see if the castle walkthrough was open, the CM told me it wasn't and it wouldn't be open for another month or so. Does anyone know if it's open now?

Berry Princess
12-07-2002, 10:33 AM
No it isn't. I don't think anyone can say at this point when it will open.

cemeinke
12-07-2002, 11:04 AM
I heard the original imagineer that put together the dioramas died, and now nobody knows how to open the showcases to fix them.
;)

gn2dlnd
12-07-2002, 02:53 PM
Okay, it took me a moment to realize that that was a "wink" smily at the end of your post. Carry on.

Disney Nick
12-07-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
I heard the original imagineer that put together the dioramas died, and now nobody knows how to open the showcases to fix them.
;)

Nice :D

MickeyD
12-07-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
;)

Really? I heard that I just spit Diet Coke out at the computer, that post was so funny! :D

priyanka59
12-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Darn it, that sucks! I wanted to go through it. Does anyone have any pictures online or that they can upload of it. I really do hope they reopen it though.

ldsguy
12-08-2002, 02:22 PM
It is supposed to open at the same time that Space Mountain goes down for it's one to two year (depending on whom you talk with) refurb, which is supposed to be right after the Matterhorn comes back up.

gn2dlnd
12-09-2002, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I heard that there is where they're going to put their old SM track! And the rockets will be themed as Sleeping Beauty's Casket! Look, I used all the homonyms for "their!" And lots of exclamation marks!!!!!! ;)

Baloo
12-09-2002, 08:06 PM
They are still testing the pooh vehicles in there.

There is also talk about turning it into either a

1) castle themed churro cart walkthrough

2) The princess pin collectors shop

3) the qeue for the annual passports line and then run it through the carnation plaza walkways and through the back road in frontierland out through tiki room and into the new annual passport renewal center. (Does anyone think this is the worst waste of land in mainstreet and the most neglected area. I really think they should get rid of some of the cemented area that is next to the tiki room and give the tiki room a decent entrance and widen that awefully small walkway into adventureland. That is probably why so many people miss the tikit room entrance becasue it is always jammed packed.)

4)or a neon lights cheap glow in the dark bracelet metal plastic moving tawain made toy shop with a space theme

or they will just leave it closed and blame 911