PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper ticket price increase 1/8/03

Darkbeer
12-06-2002, 04:53 PM
Based on this new offer...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Tickets/TicketPrices/index?id=7739&Grouping=TG

Which is amazing in itself to see them extend the 5 day for the price of 3 through January 5th, 2004! Usually this offer has been offered for seasonal periods, so having it offered for an entire year is unusual. I presume the same ticket offer will be available at many AAA offices, and Disney Stores, just like the current deal.

But the new price for a three-day Park Hopper is now $119 adults/$95 kids, compared to the current price of $114/$90. That is an increase of $5 for three days.

Let's look at the full 5 day price, currently $165/$130, to be raised to $175/$140, a $10 increase.

So, based on those numbers, looks like the new price for a one-day ticket will be $47 or $48 starting January 8th.

This also matches up with the $6 Annual Pass increase, which they raised just before a large amount of AP's needed to renew (due to the fact that they issued a lot of AP's with the same renewal dates when they first offered 2-park AP's, a higher than normal percentage of AP's need to renew in November and December).

Also, it is interesting to compare AP prices to Park Hoppers. A Three Day ticket is $119, compared to $105 for a SoCal AP, so for many folks, it is cheaper to get an SoCal AP than a ParkHopper (depending on the blockout dates).

A full priced 5 day Park Hopper is exactly the same price as a Deluxe AP! I wonder what the upgrade procedure on this will be, could I buy a 5-day pass during a busy holiday period, and then upgrade at no charge to a Deluxe AP before I leave? Getting the best of both worlds, no blackout dates for the 5 days, but the Deluxe AP for return visits!

tabacco
12-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Oh, I hope the 1 days don't go up. It was so nice never having to use 1s for change!

Darkbeer
01-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Well, Tabacco, break out those singles... the new price is $47, $37 for those 3 thru 9.

ldsguy
01-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Bummer, luckily I renewed just prior to the price increase on the APs.

slaakker
01-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Not necessesarily related but I just wanted to say I am really disappointed in the whole American Express not being the official credit card at DL. No more 10% off purchases over 50.00. Now Disney is offering their own credit card with only vacation type rewards (As far as I can tell). I won't be making an large purchases anymore. Glad I just bought my jacket.

Just Disney digging into my wallet further and collecting that apr.

Bummer.