PDA

View Full Version : New Year Week Crowds

Pat-n-Eil
12-06-2002, 08:40 AM
Hi.. I'm contemplating surprising the family with a trip to the Magic Kingdom while I'm on Vacation the week after Christmas.

Two questions for the fine folks of this forum:

1. Would you expect big crowds during January 2, 3 & 4th?

2. Is Disneyland still decked for the Holidays (Haunted Mansion, Snow, etc?) at that time?

p.s. What about weather around that time?

Thanks,
Pat&Eil

Uncle Dick
12-06-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Pat&Eil
Hi.. I'm contemplating surprising the family with a trip to the Magic Kingdom while I'm on Vacation the week after Christmas.

Two questions for the fine folks of this forum:

1. Would you expect big crowds during January 2, 3 & 4th?
Yes. I went around the same time last year and the crowds were pretty bad. Not quite "day after Thanksgiving" or "week after Christmas" bad, but bad nonetheless.

2. Is Disneyland still decked for the Holidays (Haunted Mansion, Snow, etc?) at that time?
Yep.

p.s. What about weather around that time?

Thanks,
Pat&Eil
Relatively cold. Lesser mortals might wish to bring sweaters and wear long pants.

innerSpaceman
12-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Must concur with U.D.

Crowds are not as bad as the prior week (Xmas thru New Years), but the Park is far from empty. It is still a holiday period to some. Good news is, I believe Haunted Mansion Holiday and Small World Holiday run thru Jan. 5.

After that, crowds thin and so will the attractions. Both of the above will be closed to restore them to normalcy. The Rivers of America will be drained. Critter Country will be closed. The Matterhorn and the Carousel remain down for interminably long rehab, and Tomorrowland - well, that area is just permanently closed (for all intents and purposes).

Berry Princess
12-07-2002, 09:58 AM
Relatively cold. Lesser mortals might wish to bring sweaters and wear long pants.

Just so you know this isn't always the case. The weather can change pretty quickly from cold to hot and back. It really hasn't been to cold here yet. It does get chilling at night no matter what though so you would need a sweater or jacket for that time. But depending on where you are coming from this can be warm weather for you. LOL But I'd bring the shorts along just in case it is to warm for you though or it changes.

And it can be pretty packed during that time. Most kids around here don't have school until the week after but if you are going to be there for 3 days I say take your time and so you can enjoy it all. I'm sure you will love the decorations and the holiday makeovers.

HBTiggerFan
12-07-2002, 10:13 AM
By Berry Princess It really hasn't been to cold here yet.

Are you in the same HB as I am in?? Its downright freezing!!!!!!! BURRR

Berry Princess
12-07-2002, 10:24 AM

I have had shorts on at certain times this past week. It was a bit chilly at night but the day hasn't been to bad at all. I actually woke up this morning feeling hot. I'm ready to open the door here up soon.

MickeyD
12-07-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan

I would just like to point out that the poster making this comment was wearing a snowboarding jacket tonight, and was still cold, while someone else was wearing a sweatshirt with no jacket and wasn't cold at all. So I wouldn't trust her statements about how cold it is. ;) :p :D