PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse Black and White shorts at Main Street Cinema

EVILMICKEY
12-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Hello MP, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a listing of the 6 Black and White shorts shown inside the Main Street Cinema. Thanks in advance!

potzbie
12-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Well, one I remember pretty clearly by title is "PLANE CRAZY".
The titles of the others are hazy, to me.

stan4d_steph
12-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Steamboat Willie plays there.

Bytebear
12-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Steamboat Willie always plays but the other 5 films are rotated (although Plane Crazy is common). The ones I have seen recently are asterisked.

The early black and white Mickey films are listed below. but not all are silent so aren't often used in the theater:

The Gallopin' Gaucho
*Plane Crazy
The Karnival Kid
Mickey's Follies
*The Fire Fighters
The Chain Gang
The Gorilla Mystery
Pioneer Days
The Birthday Party
Mickey Steps Out
Blue Rhythm
Mickey Cuts Up
Mickey's Orphans
The Duck Hunt
Mickey's Revue
Mickey's Nightmare
The Whoopee Party
*Touchdown Mickey
The Klondike Kid
Building a Building
The Mad Doctor
Ye Olden Days
The Mail Pilot
Mickey's Gala Premiere
Puppy Love
The Pet Store
Giantland
Camping Out
Gulliver Mickey
Orphan's Benefit
The Dognapper
Two-Gun Mickey
*Mickey's Service Station

All of these films can be found on the DVD "Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White (http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Treasures-Mickey-Mouse/dp/B00006II6O/ref=pd_cp_d_2?pf_rd_p=413864101&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0002S64UA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00Y72QQXNMW5ZZ19QFKP)"

*The Barn Dance
The Opry House
When the Cat's Away
The Barnyard Battle
The Plowboy
Mickey's Choo-Choo
The Jazz Fool
Jungle Rhythm
Wild Waves
Just Mickey
The Barnyard Concert
*The Cactus Kid
The Shindig
The Picnic
*Traffic Troubles
The Castaway
Fishin' Around
The Beach Party
The Barnyard Broadcast
*The Mad Dog
Barnyard Olympics
The Musical Farmer
Trader Mickey
The Wayward Canary
Mickey's Pal Pluto
Mickey's Mechanical Man
Playful Pluto
Mickey's Steamroller
Mickey Plays Papa
Mickey's Kangaroo

These are found on "Mickey Mouse in Black and White, Volume Two (http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Treasures-Mickey-Mouse/dp/B0002S64UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1228412802&sr=1-1)"

dehnehsu
12-04-2008, 01:44 PM
The Movies are edited to keep them toned down for children. Unless you've seen either volumes of "Mickey Mouse in Black and White" you probably haven't seen the full uncut version of Steamboat Willie and other old cartoons. (Mickey playing the teets of a pig in Steamboat to the music was one scene cut)

Plane Crazy was the first animated Mickey Mouse Cartoon. It was a originally a silent cartoon. They added sound later and released it after Steamboat (which was the first cartoon with sound)

EVILMICKEY
12-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. But I'm still trying to find out the exact 6 shorts shown in the theater. Can anyone list those 6 please? Thanks in advance!

Wobble
12-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the input everyone. But I'm still trying to find out the exact 6 shorts shown in the theater. Can anyone list those 6 please? Thanks in advance!

Bytebear was saying that Steamboat Willie is almost always played, but the other five films vary and are rotated, so it is not a constant to know what films are being played on any specific day. The list he provided contains all the films that are possibly being played. In his message, he also put asterisks by the shorts he has seen played recently, so that is somewhat of a list as to what is being played at least currently.

Dhiggs
12-13-2008, 10:44 AM
As of yesterday, 12/12/08, the six were: Steamboat Willie, Moose Hunt, Plane Crazy, Dognapper, Mickey's Polo Team, and Traffic Troubles. My 5 year old son has spent a bit of time in there the last few days, he likes the place. I had noticed it before yesterday, but they have the six movies that are playing on the movie posters next to the ticket booth with the lady sitting in it.