PDA

View Full Version : My Longest Cruise "Around the World"

yohomama212
12-02-2008, 08:07 PM
So we attempted to make it to the meet and greet today. Missed everyone, sorry. Got in line for IASW around 2:30, took less than 5 minutes to board a boat. Lovely ride all around. Then in Europe, the sound shut off! Interesting. Not as exciting. The mom in the back row attempted to get everyone to sing our own soundtrack... it was a good effort. And then the boat slowed down. We came to a dead stop in Asia and there we remained for over 10 minutes.

By that time there were announcements coming every couple minutes reminding us to stay seated and that the ride would resume soon. As soon as we got moving again they announced that Cast Members would be with us shortly, which was promptly retracted with a call for all CMs to return to the tower.

The rest of the ride went smoothly and we exited into daylight just in time to hear the Small World clock chime 2:30!

Overall, not a bad ride, just interesting. We were never offered an explanation but none of us really needed one.

Elizabeth

HisKid
12-02-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm just thinking it's a DARN good thing nobody needed a potty!:D

anniedg
12-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Could it be that the other padders you missed were the trouble makers in another boat wreaking havoc?! ;) :p

yohomama212
12-02-2008, 08:15 PM
The thought had crossed my mind!

Elizabeth

AnotherJenny
12-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I would have been excited at the prospect of getting out of the boat and exiting through the ride. It would be a unique experience!

One of my friends had to do it once on Splash Mountain and stopped to snap a pic with Brer Rabbit. Très cool.

Bytebear
12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
That exact thing happened to us a year ago. Except we were in Mexico I think.

PanFan
12-03-2008, 07:48 AM
I don't know what happened specifically yesterday, but after a long refurbishment with a new ride system and such, the first few weeks/months tend to be a little rough as everything gets broken in. I know at IASW there have been daily downtimes for various reasons and, though I haven't worked it yet myself since reopening, I would figure that everyone is getting really quick at starting downtime/evacuation procedures when something goes wrong. The music goes off, the pumps are turned off, and spiels are made. There probably wasn't an issue with guests involved; most likely they simply weren't able to move the boats forward for whatever reason.

Full evacuations of IASW don't happen very often. Usually by the time the exit horseshoe and sometimes Goodbye are done, the problem has been resolved. But when they do, expect to be there a while (especially if you're only as far as Asia)!

cstephens
12-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I would have been excited at the prospect of getting out of the boat and exiting through the ride. It would be a unique experience!

Anyone who was on the infamous "unscheduled stop in Canada" boat ride wanna tell the story? I wasn't on the boat myself, just have heard the story and laughed.

MoKat72
12-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Got to spend 30 extra minutes in Australia this evening. I felt bad for the people who were stopped under the bubbles. They were probably soaked by the time they got out. However, we exited just in time for the nighttime light-up. So pretty!

I think it was my fault, since the CM in the tower called it my "Special Birthday Cruise" before sending us off into the ride.

Mandygryffin
12-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I got stuck on Jungle Cruise once. It was actually a lot of fun. The boat ahead of us broke, and we were at the lagoon with the elephants, so our guide just kept telling corny jokes to keep us entertained. We ended up riding it backwards to the beginning.

experiment626
12-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Got in line for IASW around 2:30, took less than 5 minutes to board a boat. ...we exited into daylight just in time to hear the Small World clock chime 2:30!

Wow you were on the ride for 24 hours?

yohomama212
12-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Opps! That should have read 2:30- 3:00... half an hour, give or take. Though at points it felt much longer!

Elizabeth

dznyphreak
12-05-2008, 10:21 AM
This made me wonder...does the iasw clock chime every fifteen minutes, even after the park is long closed for the night?

Tisha
12-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Opps! That should have read 2:30- 3:00... half an hour, give or take. Though at points it felt much longer!

Elizabeth

That's not too bad. I just went on it and didn't have any breakdowns, and noticed that the ride takes a whole 15 minutes start to finish. The clock was just chiming when we went in, and again when we came out.

PanFan
12-05-2008, 10:53 PM
This made me wonder...does the iasw clock chime every fifteen minutes, even after the park is long closed for the night?

When the area is clear of guests for the night, we turn off the audio (just like for the parade and fireworks), but the dolls still come out and the clock opens every 15 minutes, day or night.

dznyphreak
12-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Note to self: avoid iasw after park closing. That must be the eeriest thing ever! :eek:

PanFan
12-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Note to self: avoid iasw after park closing. That must be the eeriest thing ever! :eek:

It happens within park operating hours as well--if the parade is passing by the clock show music is muted just like after closing. Also if the winds are blowing south and IASW closes for the fireworks, the clock show gets muted once we've cycled out. Everyone waiting for the fireworks from the big rope across the Small World Mall gets to watch a few musicless clock shows.

I have my own "eeriest thing ever" experience at IASW during test and adjust. Long before reopening I took a solo trip around at night with no audio, no animation (doll movement), and very few dolls in place (and I won't describe what the dolls that were there looked like!). I had to call my friend as I entered the Hello room because it was just about the creepiest thing I have ever done!

dznyphreak
12-07-2008, 09:34 AM
You must be crazy. iasw alone at night with no animation is pretty high on my list of worst nightmares. Sometimes I swear those dolls are out to get me.