PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Walt!!

Dean Higgins
12-05-2002, 05:56 PM
Well I wasn't sure where to say this, but since my favorite thing Walt Disney ever did was to build DISNEYLAND, I figured I would say HAPPY 101st Birthday to Mr Disney here on the DISNEYLAND boards. How different this world would have been had you never been in it. Thank you.

Disneyfreak
12-05-2002, 06:33 PM
Happy Birthday Walt

Thank you for making the magic a reality!

thanks for posting this!

winniepooh
12-06-2002, 01:36 AM
Happy Birthday Walt!

May your memory live for the next 101 years..

merlinjones
12-06-2002, 04:38 AM
Happy birthday, Walt!

Let's hope the sharp-pencil boys finally realize that old Walt knew what he was talking about... that quality sells.

ldsguy
12-06-2002, 06:36 AM
You know, I do have to say this......While the quality is not as high as it used to be, it is still among the highest, if not the highest in the theme park industry.

kennyhues
12-06-2002, 08:42 AM
A belated Happy Birthday, Walt!

May we always remember you.

merlinjones
12-06-2002, 10:27 AM
>>You know, I do have to say this......While the quality is not as high as it used to be, it is still among the highest, if not the highest in the theme park industry.<<

Not good enough. Walt did not simply meet consumer expectations, he consistently exceeded them. This is what consumers are accustomed to from Disney... and are no longer getting on a consistent basis. They will gladly pay for the pleasure of pure escape.

Guests/audiences don't care about profit level growth and executive compensation/bonuses (which so often result in deliberately reduced experiences). they just want to be charmed and dazzled.

If the current accountaneers aren't up to the task (or can't understand the mission statement), why not replace them?

That would ne a nice birthday present for Walt.

ksejr1
12-07-2002, 10:23 AM
happy birthday Mr. Disney. i am glad to share his birthday too, so happy birthday to me too