PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a nice little Christmas gift from DLR...

ShirleyFilms
12-01-2008, 09:10 AM
My mom is a Disneyland fanatic (as am I, obviously), but she hasn't been to the park in a while. I was wondering if there is any neat merchandise that would make a good gift which I could have DeliverEars send to her.

Since I go there a lot... I have seen much of the merchandise... but I usually am only looking for things for ME. hehe. So. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

She likes Tinkerbell... but she really just likes ALL things Disney.

I was thinking.... charm bracelets... or some other keepsake.... ???

(Something in the $150 or less category, if possible.)

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

-SF

Leap for Joy
12-01-2008, 10:42 AM
The Jim Shore figurines are beautiful and affordable. My husband is a huge Tinkerbell fan and has at least one for each season.
http://www.jimshore.com/shop/search.aspx?SearchTerm=tinkerbell

You can get them in the park, online, or in many Hallmark stores.

Nancy
12-05-2008, 03:55 PM
If it's not too late, I love the kitchen stuff. I have towels, salt and pepper shakers, "Mickey glove" oven mit, egg timer(never worked
tho...), trivit,etc. It's useful and fun to remember Disneyland!!

I also just got Mickey shaped egg frying/ pancake making shapes. Too cute!!!

adriennek
12-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Have you shopped at MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com)? They have a lot of Disney and Disneyland merchandise. If you don't see what you're looking for you can call or e-mail them directly.

Their sister store, CharmingShoppe (http://www.charmingshoppe.com) carries a number of Disney Collectables, including the aforementioned Jim Shore lines.

Here is a page with Tinkerbell (http://www.charmingshoppe.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=C&Category_Code=143)

This is a tad out of your price range but it's a very good deal (http://www.charmingshoppe.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=STAR8318&Category_Code=318)

Be careful if you click - it's dangerous in there. ;)

Adrienne

Biteydog
12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
We were walking by the Matterhorn, under the Monorail tracks the other day...and there was a table called Fantasy Art I think? Not sure of the name...they had framed art that they made right there, they paint names and words... We were just looking and the guy said to my daughter, "Who's your favorite princess?" and she said "Belle" and he asked "What's your name?" she said "Audrey". He whips out a square piece of paper, whisks out this little blotting brush, starts blotting a yellow billowy gown, then picks up paintbrushes and adds hair, flowers, stars, sparkles and now we have an "A" that looks like Belle! He scripts out the "udrey" and then dumps glitter on the wet paint and shakes of the excess. This took about 20 seconds. The look on her face was priceless...her eyes welled up....that made me all misty too...it was like $52 matted and framed...I just couldn't say no! Oh yeah...Audrey is 20 years old...she played the most beautiful Belle in her high school musical and when she came out in that famous yellow ball gown, the whole auditorium gasped audibly....what a moment...

Ok, the point is, they will write words...we saw "WELCOME" with all sorts of princesses as the letters...they do characters too, we saw last names and they will also write in script in small letters...like "SMITH...Disneyland Christmas 2008". It is really a special thing...I'm sure the more letters and the more characters you want and the bigger the paper, it could get spendy. If the guy had said 200 bucks I would have done it....I just couldn't let that one get away.....

Mrs Mouse
12-12-2008, 03:29 PM
We were walking by the Matterhorn, under the Monorail tracks the other day...and there was a table called Fantasy Art I think? Not sure of the name...they had framed art that they made right there, they paint names and words...

There is also a booth that provides this service in Dowtown Disney. I'm not sure of the name, though.

My and DH's families did this as a gift to us on the trip where we got engaged. It has both of our names (his with a prince, mine with a princess), a heart with the date of our engagement, and a congratulations message signed from our families. It's such a beautiful and unique gift. We love it!

jMom
12-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Wow, that is a special memento, Mrs Mouse!

I was thinking holiday ornaments or a nice snow globe, myself.

The only jewelry I've looked at besides the way inexpensive stuff was at Jewel or Orleans. That's nice & sparkly, but not openly Disney. Maybe they have something at the new Fortuosity Shop?

mousecanuck
12-13-2008, 07:09 AM
We were just there and I was looking for a nice little piece of jewelry. Was not impressed at the prices for things at the main street jewelers (holy moly - I get that it's Disney and all but some quite basic stuff there was about 3x what one would pay for the same thing without the Disney part!!!)

Did find some nice things at the bookstore beside Animation Academy (Off The Page, I think it's called). They have several marcasite (hope I've spelled it right) bracelets, necklaces and earrings that are Mickey/Disney themed and most just over $100. NEXT time I go I think I'll get myself something from there (I had already given up and purchased a couple of different souvenirs for myself by the time I discovered these).

It's almost getting too late - hope you've had success one way or another!!!

merlinjones
12-14-2008, 09:01 AM
The great Walt Disney Treasures DVDs - - the "Annette" serial perhaps - - or "Your Host, Walt Disney" still available at the park.

How about one of the classic Disneyland attraction posters from the print-on-demand system at World of Disney. Also the Fortuosity Shop now has several of the classic attraction posters as t-shirts (Skyway, Monorail).

There is some awesome Tiki Room stuff in the Disneyana shop - - shot glasses and mugs and such.

You can't go wrong with Walt's original movies, music and art.:)

jenniebean
12-14-2008, 06:06 PM
There is some awesome Tiki Room stuff in the Disneyana shop - - shot glasses and mugs and such.
*ahem* not a shot glass-- toothpick holder ;)

but if it WERE a shot glass, it's a double

stan4d_steph
12-15-2008, 06:17 AM
I got a nice scarf at the new Fortuosity Shop that has a subtle Mickey design on it. There are a variety of colors. It was very reasonably priced, at $15 and change with an AP discount.

jenniebean
12-15-2008, 07:43 AM
I got a nice scarf at the new Fortuosity Shop that has a subtle Mickey design on it. There are a variety of colors. It was very reasonably priced, at $15 and change with an AP discount.
sooo pretty, but be careful-- my green one got a snag about ten minutes after I bought it. They happily replaced it, of course, but watch out for zippers!

stan4d_steph
12-15-2008, 10:25 AM
sooo pretty, but be careful-- my green one got a snag about ten minutes after I bought it. They happily replaced it, of course, but watch out for zippers!Very true. Those types of scarfs are prone to snags. Velcro is also dangerous. I bought the rose-colored one.

MaraMouse
12-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Hmm if someone were shopping at DLR for me in that price range I would want either a Gallery of Light piece, giant snowglobe, a framed pin set (how much is the one that says Disneyland?), a lanyard filled with specially picked pins by the giver, a Hollywood Tower Hotel robe, I can go on forever even longer if I was fresh from a trip hehe

codewoman
12-16-2008, 01:08 PM
*ahem* not a shot glass-- toothpick holder ;)

but if it were a shot glass, it's a double

lol!

aznewsboy
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
We just got back yesterday & bought one of those letter art pictures. We got five letters for our last name (Tink,Cinderella,Aurora,& 2 pirates),glitter & a mat for just under $50. I could not afford the frame this trip. The artwork was $30,glitter was $5, & the mat was $10. It's beautiful.

My hubby & I had something like that done with our first names in Hawaii during our honeymoon with ocean themes so it was fun to get a Disney themed one that covers the whole family.

Pat-n-Eil
12-17-2008, 03:13 PM
On Disney.com shopping you can get a character watch (Tinkerbell in 3 poses and many others) customized with their name on the face for under $50.

Tinkerbell stuff: http://disneyshopping.go.com/disney/store/DSIGiftFinderDisplayView?Ne=1&Nr=AND%28pPublished%3A1%29&Ntk=pCategoryID&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10002&N=1013932&Nu=pProductID&categoryId=61995

The watch I was talking about:
http://disneyshopping.go.com/disney/store/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10051&productId=1151222&langId=-1&categoryId=14958&catalogFromSearch=10002