PDA

View Full Version : Third Park

Haldwitten
07-11-2001, 05:58 AM
I was thinking about what they could possibly do for this new park - and then it hit me:

DisneyThirdWorld

Thrill to the excitment of the third world regions - Disney style! You won't want to miss these attractions:

1) Dirt Mountain - Walk through the winding, twisting trenches of... a... dirt mountain.
2) Mission to Ethiopia - Board a Peace Corps transport and deliver supplies to an impovershed region.
3) Carousel of Poverty - enough said
4) Soarin' Over Cambodia
5) Snow White's Ebola Adventure
6) It's a Small Emaciated World
7) Superstar Limo
8) And the centerpiece of the park - Cinderella's Tent

The entire park will only cost $12.48 to build... but admission will still be $43.00 per person. I think management will go for it.

80S ERA
07-11-2001, 09:44 AM
Haldwitten is a Disney Executive! I have attached a copy of a recent memo from upper management.

----------------------------
MEMORANDUM

TO: Haldwitten

SUBJECT: DisneyThirdWorld

I am impressed with your latest proposal on "ThirdWorld." The types of attractions and themes mentioned are a great way of keeping costs down. However, I am cutting your budget down to $6.24 from the previous $12.48 figure proposed. In addition, I would like plenty of "thirdworld" markets and shops to increase revenue from guests.

Keep up the great work!
--------------------------------

Lacrosse Boy
07-11-2001, 12:05 PM
I want a water park!

DisneylandKid
07-11-2001, 12:48 PM
I have actually never been to EPCOT, but from what I've read the World Showcase section of the park sounds really cool. I think that the third Disney theme park in Anaheim should be a whole park devoted to the World Showcase. Does anyone else think that sounds appealing?

Oh, and I don't think that a waterpark is a very good idea. There are already so many waterparks in the OC area. However, if there was something truly unique about it, maybe...

Gemini Cricket
07-11-2001, 12:56 PM
Haldwitten-
That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read on this board.
Good job!

Ralph Wiggum
07-11-2001, 01:25 PM
I want a water park!

Though the Disney water parks have great themes and would be fun, I dont want one for a couple reasons:

1) It's seasonal - 5 months roughly out of the year it can really be used!

2) DisneylandKid was right - too many waterparks in theh area.

3) Those parks get old quick... At least in my oppinion

P.S. I use to work at Wild Rivers Waterpark so i am a little bias. Man it was terrible!!

I have actually never been to EPCOT, but from what I've read the World Showcase section of the park sounds really cool. I think that the third Disney theme park in Anaheim should be a whole park devoted to the World Showcase. Does anyone else think that sounds appealing?

While the world showcase was very nice to look and experience once, it lacked the need to see it again(at least for the younger crowd).

Mandrake Linux
07-11-2001, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Haldwitten
I was thinking about what they could possibly do for this new park - and then it hit me:

DisneyThirdWorld

Thrill to the excitment of the third world regions - Disney style! You won't want to miss these attractions:

1) Dirt Mountain - Walk through the winding, twisting trenches of... a... dirt mountain.
2) Mission to Ethiopia - Board a Peace Corps transport and deliver supplies to an impovershed region.
3) Carousel of Poverty - enough said
4) Soarin' Over Cambodia
5) Snow White's Ebola Adventure
6) It's a Small Emaciated World
7) Superstar Limo
8) And the centerpiece of the park - Cinderella's Tent

The entire park will only cost $12.48 to build... but admission will still be $43.00 per person. I think management will go for it.

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!!! Ahahaha! Ooh! I got one.

9) Snow White's Ghetto

DisneyFreak2000
07-11-2001, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid

They could call it Disney's International Experience!!! (jk) I actually think that idea would be good if they could fit in some top quality E-ticket attractions in there rather than a slow boat cruise through Mexico. It could be creative if they used their mind. Having a DisneySeas out here would be good, or even a park devoted purely to Disney Animation with different movies themed in different lands (Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty in "Royal Courtyard", Peter Pan and Mermaid in "Fantasy Lagoon", etc.)

Napsto
07-11-2001, 09:20 PM
yea no water parks.

80S ERA
07-12-2001, 08:46 AM
I propose to add "Ghettoland" to either DCA or this new park.

Here are some of the possible attractions:

1. Ghetto Muppet Vision 3-D - This attraction needs no expensive theater nor glasses, only (1) viewmaster camera is needed! Remember those?

2. Beer Cart - no expensive imports, here. You'll get more for your value in full, 40-ounce bottles of ghetto beers like Colt 45, Old English, and St. Ides. Complete with brown bag for an authentic ghetto look.

3. Rap Star Limo (Superstar Limo re-make) - drive though various rival gang neighborhoods and participate in make-believe drive-by shootings! A survalence video shot is shown at the end of the ride to complete the experience!

4. The Projects - an onsite hotel themed to look like a real project apartment! Complete with roaches, bars on windows, and a deadbeat landlord! Great views of the park.

5. Farm Area - only 1 type of plant is grown here! Guests will enjoy the smell and scenery of this "high" area. Includes a gift shop with pipes and zig-zags with the Disney logo printed on them.

6. Low Rider Autopia - All cars themed as low riders chased by highway patrol cars. A mock police helicopter flies above simulates a high speed chase.

splbound
07-12-2001, 09:04 AM
On a serious note...

As a Anaheim resident whose home is in the shadows of the resort....we just lost a major battle over the third park. Against homeowner concerns, the city gave Disney the green light to build whatever suits their fancy, with zero studies being done regarding traffic, sewer, water, electric, etc.

Anaheim homeowners asked for a disclosure of what they would put on the property and at least an initial study of how it would affect traffic, etc. but fell to a deaf ear in the name of DL expansion.

oh well.....

80S ERA
07-12-2001, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by splbound
On a serious note...

As a Anaheim resident whose home is in the shadows of the resort....we just lost a major battle over the third park. Against homeowner concerns, the city gave Disney the green light to build whatever suits their fancy, with zero studies being done regarding traffic, sewer, water, electric, etc.

I just read the article in the OC Register. Are you part of H.O.M.E.?

When Disney says "jump," Anaheim asks, "how high?"

Napsto
07-12-2001, 05:16 PM
it's all good. you will have fun at the 3rd park.

Kevin Yee
07-12-2001, 05:46 PM
At the risk of being inflammatory, wasn't HOME part of the reason Westcot wasn't built and we got DCA instead?

DisneyFreak2000
07-12-2001, 06:14 PM
Why are they making the third park so soon? DCA is still lacking alot and disneyland in need of a refurb. Why don't they focus on that for a while. (Stupid Eisner and Pressler, they have tyhe atttention spans of a 6 year old)

Napsto
07-12-2001, 06:46 PM
but the third park probably own't be ready for a while. but tehy should do something for disneyland beforea new park for US to complain about. :D

DisLee
07-12-2001, 09:00 PM
I want a water park! If they build a water park there I will just throw in the towel for Disney and their Imagineers. What a lame, boring idea. Water parks are everywhere. Didn't they learn a lesson with DisneyQuest, Club Disney, and DCA? You've gotta build something UNIQUE if you want the people to come - not just copy what is already in town and paste the Disney name on it.

It is scary though that everyone sort of assumes that the 3rd park will be an even lesser park than DCA. Lesser than DCA??? - And this 3rd park is going to be a success? I wish Disney would just slow down and recognize their failures with DCA. If they go ahead with the 3rd park assuming that DCA is just wonderful, then I'm certain that the 3rd park will be doomed - DOA.

3. Rap Star Limo (Superstar Limo re-make) - drive though various rival gang neighborhoods and participate in make-believe drive-by shootings! A survalence video shot is shown at the end of the ride to complete the experience! Did you know that Disney actually did propose this concept for a ride at Disneyland several years ago? It was supposed to be a Dick Tracy themed ride where you would - unbelievably - shoot people from your car as you rode through. No lie.

splbound
07-12-2001, 11:42 PM
80's....

No I am not part of any organized group. I am just someone who owns a home in the area. I have no objection to the third park, don't get me wrong. The beautification project that accompanied the 2nd park raised my property value about 30,000!!!

But the way the city crumbled at their feet was wrong. Before ANY ( stress ANY again ) major building project is approved, the respondible thing for a city government to do is see how that project is going to impact the city as a whole. Can the streets handle the traffic, can the sewers handle the waste, etc. Nothing was done, and Disney did not even have to disclose their intentions to the property. Disney got the green light to put ANYTHING they wish in that area.

Frankly, as a homeowner, that makes me a little nervous.

Haldwitten
07-13-2001, 02:01 AM
I'm excited about this new park like I would be excited about having a second root canal. Oh, let me count down the days for THAT.

It's like Versace announcing a line of K-Mart clothing.

A rollercoaster based on recent Disney stock would have the most thrilling drops... value, quality, creativy... for God's sake, hold on tight - Disney's taking you for a ride.

Now THERE'S a third park!

80S ERA
07-13-2001, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee
At the risk of being inflammatory, wasn't HOME part of the reason Westcot wasn't built and we got DCA instead?

From reading Jim Hill's "California Mis-Adventure" article, I think that H.O.M.E. was only a contributing factor among many toward the demise of Westcot. The disapointing opening of DLP in my opinion made Eisner gun shy about another theme park.

Then again Kevin, you've got more of the inside scoop than most of us here!

Originally posted by splbound
......the respondible thing for a city government to do is see how that project is going to impact the city as a whole. Can the streets handle the traffic, can the sewers handle the waste, etc.

Thats very true. However, anyone who knows the history of how the Disney Co. conducted extensive research on the Disney World Orlando project back in the late 60's would have a hard time believing that they would neglect any environmental impact on any of their future projects.

Then again, there's always a chance Disney could take swamp lands (Orlando,FL) more seriously than city residents! (Anaheim)

If I were a resident I'd be concerned about traffic / other potential problems, too. Then again, I'd know what I was getting into when buying property next to a theme park and convention area.

DisneyFreak2000
07-13-2001, 04:12 PM
In a way, I'm glad we got DCA instead of Wescot. Eisner and Pressler would have made budget cuts to that as well leaving us with something that we would not like either. In Epcot, Fl there really only seems to be genuine E attracton (Test Track) unlike DCA with Screamin, GRR, and Soarin'. Another reason is because if we got Wescot, the third park would most likely be a Disney Studios type deal making DL Resort just like WDW. In 5-10 years, DCA will become a great theme park unique to anything in WDW or anywhere else. (We hope, jk)

DisneylandKid
07-14-2001, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000
In a way, I'm glad we got DCA instead of Wescot. Eisner and Pressler would have made budget cuts to that as well leaving us with something that we would not like either. In Epcot, Fl there really only seems to be genuine E attracton (Test Track) unlike DCA with Screamin, GRR, and Soarin'. Another reason is because if we got Wescot, the third park would most likely be a Disney Studios type deal making DL Resort just like WDW. In 5-10 years, DCA will become a great theme park unique to anything in WDW or anywhere else. (We hope, jk)

I agree!