PDA

View Full Version : How many of you were ****ed!?

Rocketeer64
12-05-2002, 08:15 AM
How many of you were ****ed over the descision to hold the world series parade in Disneyland where an admission fee of $50 was required to attend?

Most cities hold such events on public city streets.

Was this more of the Disney greed at work here?

Cliff Secord

EandCDad
12-05-2002, 08:37 AM
The parade was on city streets. It went right down Katella.

Parade Article from the OC Register (http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=9357&section=SPORTS&year=2002&month=10&day=30).

Hey look, you typed something that wasn't true. I'm shocked. :eek:

Rocketeer64
12-05-2002, 09:05 AM
What the article doesn't tell you is that the parade wizzed by the Katella route to the stadium ceromony at 35 MPH and many were p***** at the fact the real parade was for Disney resort guests only.

I was there. Were you, or were you on Main Street?

tabacco
12-05-2002, 10:34 AM
Three words for you: Deal with it.

adriennek
12-05-2002, 10:41 AM
You are either self-censoring or using censored language. Either way, that's a violation of our community policies. This your second moderator warning, today.

Adrienne K

LifelongAngelsFan
12-05-2002, 01:09 PM
There were over a 100,000 very pleased Angels fans that got to see the parade for free.

RStar
12-05-2002, 03:16 PM
Old news, dude.

BTW, I was at DCA for the parade, not Main Street.

Ghoulish Delight
12-05-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Rocketeer64

Most cities hold such events on public city streets.
Most cities give one parade. Disney gave them a parade at Disneyland (gosh, how dare the company that owns them do that). Then they had a public parade on the streets of Anaheim (and everyone that I know who saw that enjoyed it, despite your protests), and then a third parade at DCA. It sounds to me like everyone had ample opportunity to see them. Never mind the fact that usually, they get the city street parade, then go to WDW. So, except for a switch in order, they got the same thing as everyone else.

Baloo
12-05-2002, 07:44 PM
At least the parade was better handled than the Lakers parade.

Lakers all crowded with about four dozen people who most of us don't care about on top of one small bus.

Angels on top of Fire engines and seperated so the fans got a good look at them.

plus TWO more parades for the fans that wanted to enjoy a day at the parks and also see a small tribute parade down Mainstreet or DCA's route 66 corridor.

plus thousands and thousands of happy fans.

Next Topic Please

jrad32
12-06-2002, 07:57 AM
Who cares it was just the Angels. It's not like they're going to win it again.