PDA

View Full Version : real tower of terror

cookie7762
11-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if there were a real hollwood tower hotel? It would have constant theming all the time and look just like the ride. It could employ all of the out of work actors in LA so that each bellhop, concierge, etc, would be in character always. It would be like stepping back into another time for your whole stay! I would definitely stay there, would you?

houseofmouse
11-28-2008, 07:11 AM
I would! Just wouldn't ride the elevator! :eek:

KarenW2
11-28-2008, 11:54 PM
there really was and is a Hollywood Tower Hotel. We looked at it just last Sunday night, as we were coming out of seeing "Wicked" at the Pantages Theatre in LA!! The photo on this page isn't from the best vantage point, since you don't see the iconic lettering that inspired the TOTs.

Here's a photo and some info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Tower

Bolivar
11-29-2008, 11:10 AM
My wife recently took a trip and stayed in the Sunset Tower Hotel. Immediately on entering the lobby she recognized that she was in the TOT hotel. The staff there told her that the hotel in the ride was modeled after the Sunset Tower. I don't know anything about what hotel the TOT was modeled after and maybe it was only the Hollywood Tower Hotel, or maybe a bit of both, I don't know, but my wife felt like she was staying in the TOT.

And by the way, the Sunset Tower is supposedly haunted -- ooooOOOOooooo.