PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Parade

DizneyMommy
11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Ok, so I was on bedrest through Christmas last year so maybe I am the last one to know, but what is up with the ugly new float for Pinoccio in the Christmas parade? That thing made somany loud, weird noises as it went by, and it was just odd all over. The characters were all so high up and the float itself was just weird, did not fit the usual theme and feel of the parade at all IMHO. Am I crazy? I loved the old one, what was wrong with Pinocchio's old float?

I was also VERY bummed to see Ariel was booted from her usual float, in high school and college my best friend won that position a couple of times and watching that float always brings back great memories - she lives in Canada now and we haven't seen each other in years. I had her lines memorized, it was such a fun float! Now Ariel is a princess with legs on the princess float instead.

And just to keep going on my rant - did anyone notice the Gingerbread Men with candy corns on them? That seemed totally out of place.

hawaiimom
11-25-2008, 10:51 AM
First she gets evicted from her seashell and now the parade float? DD is not going to be happy.

So is there any place we can see Ariel with her tail now?

mousemom2008
11-25-2008, 11:08 AM
First she gets evicted from her seashell and now the parade float? DD is not going to be happy.

So is there any place we can see Ariel with her tail now?

I have to disagree with the disappointment over both of these. The Pinnochio float is darling. The elves dancing in the beginning before the float are all holding blocks with a cutout of a toy soldier drawn on them. Then the float is like a magical toy shop machine that the elves put the blocks into, and the toy shop makes all kinds of toys out of the raw materials, like the wooden blocks. You see and hear the toys being made in various states through the float as the toy shop is 'working' on the raw materials, and the finished toys come out the other end. Then the wrapping station works on them and the finished packages come down the ramp. The elves after the float are dancing and happily holding the completed toy soldiers. I love it. I wish I had that workshop at home, especially the wrapping station! As far as Ariel, my daughter was thrilled that King Triton "gave her her legs for the parade!" and loved seeing her dancing with Prince Eric. We've seen the parade four times (including the TV taping) so I've watched the Pinocchio float a lot and I like it better each time. And I LOVE the toy soldiers!

HauntedKid
11-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know where can I download/buy/find the track for this parade, I need it so bad to play it on my iphone!! please...any help??

DizneyMommy
11-25-2008, 04:07 PM
I have to disagree with the disappointment over both of these. The Pinnochio float is darling. The elves dancing in the beginning before the float are all holding blocks with a cutout of a toy soldier drawn on them. Then the float is like a magical toy shop machine that the elves put the blocks into, and the toy shop makes all kinds of toys out of the raw materials, like the wooden blocks. You see and hear the toys being made in various states through the float as the toy shop is 'working' on the raw materials, and the finished toys come out the other end. Then the wrapping station works on them and the finished packages come down the ramp. The elves after the float are dancing and happily holding the completed toy soldiers. I love it. I wish I had that workshop at home, especially the wrapping station! As far as Ariel, my daughter was thrilled that King Triton "gave her her legs for the parade!" and loved seeing her dancing with Prince Eric. We've seen the parade four times (including the TV taping) so I've watched the Pinocchio float a lot and I like it better each time. And I LOVE the toy soldiers!

I guess it just seemed overly noisy (and not fun noises) and just so BIG that my 4 year old didn't really get it. We were on the curb and she was looking up at it and covering her ears with a really irritated look on her face. It just feels like a big mechanical noisy thing to me, not a magical theme-fitting float. But then I am old-school and prefer things to stay the way they were in 1998 :)

PanFan
11-26-2008, 07:44 PM
I haven't seen the Christmas parade this year yet (though I'm working the route tomorrow), but I can tell you that Ariel had legs last year as well. I LOVE her green dress! I always thought it was a little silly that the princesses always wore the same thing--like they don't have anything else in their closet, or they wouldn't be recognized otherwise.

hawaiimom
11-28-2008, 10:38 PM
I know I've been obsessing about Ariel's tail a bit. Last night when we arrived the first thing we did was check out Fantasmic! and there she was, swishing her tail around. All was right with the world and we continued onto IASW.

olegc
11-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Does anyone know where can I download/buy/find the track for this parade, I need it so bad to play it on my iphone!! please...any help??

there is another thread working where it confirms the parade is not available..BUT - if you went to sites that carry podcasts I wonder if one would have the entire loop.