PDA

View Full Version : Pictures with Santa

carolyn
11-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Are you allowed to use your own camera to take pictures of your kids with Santa at DL? We've never been to see Santa there. Thanks!

Panzaer
11-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Yes you can. I have several years worth of Pictures with my kids with both Santa and Mrs Claus.

(Don't forget the raindeer :) )

MammaSilva
11-24-2008, 11:57 AM
You can use your camera, the photopass folks will be there as well and the CM's are more than happy to take a group shot with your camera if you ask.

carolyn
11-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Yay! Thanks.

donaldwoods
11-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Sorry this is such a rookie Question. I never knew there was a Santa at DLR. Where would we find such a santa in the park?

MammaSilva
11-24-2008, 07:27 PM
As of the last several years Santa and his reindeer hang out in the Reindeer Roundup area, to find them take the back trail behind Big Thunder to Fantasyland (or from Fantasyland head towards Casey Jr and keep walking down the path, it will be on your right after you pass the big gate that leads backstage. You really can't miss it, there are crafts for the kids, cookie decorating, fun character meet and greets and Santa and Mrs. Claus hang out in the little house in the area. Lots of great photo ops.

Malcon10t
11-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry this is such a rookie Question. I never knew there was a Santa at DLR. Where would we find such a santa in the park?
There are a few. One is in Reindeer Roundup. Back in Big Thunder Ranch.

Then there is Santa's Beach Party Blast in DCA, in the Sunshine Plaza.

There is also a Santa in GCH, but don't know where.

houseofmouse
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
There are a few. One is in Reindeer Roundup. Back in Big Thunder Ranch.

Then there is Santa's Beach Party Blast in DCA, in the Sunshine Plaza.

There is also a Santa in GCH, but don't know where.

There is no Beach Party Blast this year. :crying:

DizneyMommy
11-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Bring your patience. The shorter the line looks - the longer the wait takes. Don't ask me why. We waited ONE HOUR behind 6 people last Friday. Santa has a small bladder.

I think they give way too much time to each party, they never let you linger that long with Mickey or a Princess - they either heard you through like cattle or the next person is shoving you out of the way. But with Santa, they just let people hang there taking a gazillion different poses while everyone else waits with cranky kids (cranky because they've been in line for an HOUR!)

I'd skip the DL Santa and hit up the one in the GCH, it is a way nicer backdrop with way nicer lighting and way less of a line. He appears in a chair in front of the tree in the center of the hotel, you can't miss it. He is not there all the time, but you can ask the front desk what times he'll be there. There is also a photopass photog there and you can use your own camera free as usual.

donaldwoods
11-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Thank you everyone. My son is 9 months and this is his first christmas. We took him to meet santa at the mall this week. Lets just say the photo didn't really turn out. He is so use to me snapping photos of him it threw him for a loop when I wasn't behind the camera. He didn't like it. So I would like to get some good photos. Looking forward to taking him next week, hopefully it will pay off.

mousemom
11-25-2008, 04:24 AM
Along with your Santa shot there are so many cute backdrop possibilities in Thunder Mtn. Ranch with the sleigh and other decorations outside of Santa's house and by the small stage they have set up over there.

Heaven Is Disneyland
11-25-2008, 02:26 PM
We waited in line to see Santa this last Saturday. It was a hard wait with a two year old! We waited longer to see Santa than to ride It's A Small World. It was about a half an hour wait and yes, the Cast Members will take pictures with your camera. I usually let them take some to post on the Disney photo pass site and then get some with my own.

Santa was great, very personable (as he should be, but I was impressed just the same), and we were very, very lucky, we were the last people to see him before he went on break. I am so glad we got to see him, if they would of cut off the line before us, my husband would of threw a fit, and I avoid that at all costs. Nothing like someone throwing a fit in public, that is always SOOOO FUN!

So got lucky there. Our picture did not come out great, my kid is in the habit of making a Popeye face when anyone tells her to smile. Hope she grows out of that really quick!

Mrs. Claus was walking around greeting people and it was super easy to get our picture with her. That was fun! My daughter was calling her "Claus".

FunAuntSherry
11-25-2008, 04:07 PM
There is no Beach Party Blast this year. :crying:

Aww Man! That's the only Santa I was interested in!!! I've got a sik collection of beach Santa ornaments and a Beach Santa photo would have been too much!

GORGON
11-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Goofy usually dresses up as Santa as well. We had a family picture with him in Toontown. It became our Christmas Cards a couple of years ago

JeffG
11-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Santa Goofy was actually alternating with regular Santa at the Reindeer Round-up this afternoon.

-Jeff

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Last year Santa was also at the PPH, cute backdrop no lines!! It was awesome, we are going tomorrow and hoping the kids can get in to see him at the Reindeer roundup on Thursday. If not the hotel lobby it shall be!

808Disney
12-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Just came back from our Family Thanksgiving Vacation... Nov. 22-Dec 1 and we stayed at GCH... Santa will be there every night from now until Dec. 24. He will be waiting in the grand lobby under the Christmas Tree sitting on his grand chair. I have included his times below.

4:30pm - 5:15pm
6:00pm - 6:45pm
7:00pm - 7:45pm
8:00pm - 8:30pm

My DD and I took pictures with Santa and with the great help of the Disney Photo Pass, we will have our wonder Disney Christmas Cards for our family to enjoy.:)

Good Luck!!

fairyprincessmom
12-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Last week there was also a Santa in the DLH near goofy's kitchen. It was a beautiful backdrop, no line, and Santa took 10 min. with the kids! The hours he would be there are posted near the sleigh.

Promo-Man
12-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Last week there was also a Santa in the DLH near goofy's kitchen. It was a beautiful backdrop, no line, and Santa took 10 min. with the kids! The hours he would be there are posted near the sleigh.

I think he is there in the evenings and yes it is a nice set

HobbitFeet
12-11-2008, 09:39 PM
We were just at PPH. Santa is there in PPH in the mornings, then in DLH in the afternoons, and at GCH in the evenings. We were able to get a pic of DS with him between 8 and 8:45am! They have handy dandy schedule signs near the big chair, at least at PPH and GCH.