PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire

Thomas
12-03-2002, 04:20 PM
Saw the millionaire show for the first time on 12/02 at the 4pm show. The first contestant was a young girl either 7 or 8 and her mom got to help her out.

The highlight was the second contestant. He got the million point question correct and won the cruise. He stated he has been the hot seat a few times and it was obvious to everyone that he and his wife probably play it alot.

Question: Do they ever repeat the questions because he answered all of them awfully quick with no hesitation?

ldsguy
12-03-2002, 05:41 PM
They do repeat the questions, with some frequency.

Laffite
12-03-2002, 08:19 PM
yea, but I bet they have a huge questions pool. You've got to be there a lot to have seen most of the questions.
Congrad to the winner; I puke with envy :)

(it's a joke, folks)

Preston

horizons1
12-04-2002, 02:18 PM
I am gonna go there daily and win a dang free cruise!

RStar
12-05-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by horizons1
I am gonna go there daily and win a dang free cruise!

I would too, but I have a life and a job;) . I only live 5 min. away and could be there much more often. I don't know if I would want to go on one of those Barf Boats right now anyway:eek: .

Ghoulish Delight
12-05-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by RStar
I don't know if I would want to go on one of those Barf Boats right now anyway:eek: . Coming to the defense of cruise ships, they are hardly barf boats these days. They are massive, and they have massive stabilizers. You barely notice the movement. I liken it to being slightly buzzed. On our honeymoon cruise, I felt a tiny bit queesy on the first day, and by morning I was totally used to it. At its worst, it feels like you're slightly off balance. It's like getting a free drink every morning :D

outlaw8
12-05-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Coming to the defense of cruise ships, they are hardly barf boats these days. They are massive, and they have massive stabilizers. You barely notice the movement. I liken it to being slightly buzzed. On our honeymoon cruise, I felt a tiny bit queesy on the first day, and by morning I was totally used to it. At its worst, it feels like you're slightly off balance. It's like getting a free drink every morning :D

Rstar was/is probably referring to the outbreak of illness on one of the Disney Cruise ships... I wish I lived close enough to go to DLR at least once a month..:(:(

Laffite
12-05-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Coming to the defense of cruise ships, they are hardly barf boats these days. They are massive, and they have massive stabilizers. You barely notice the movement. I liken it to being slightly buzzed. <snip>

He was probably talking about sickness on Disney cruise on the news.

But about your comment. I find it ironic that you feel the movements when you on LAND. It took me about a week to stop feeling like I'm on the boat after the cruise. :)

Preston

RStar
12-05-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by outlaw8
Rstar was/is probably referring to the outbreak of illness on one of the Disney Cruise ships... I wish I lived close enough to go to DLR at least once a month..:(:(

Yes, I was joking about the outbreak of illness of late on not just Disney ships, but also that of other Cruise ships. Makes one a bit leary when there are so many outbreaks. These things have happened before, but not so much in a short time. And even after sanitizing every inch of the ship. Makes one wonder if it is not (I hesitate to even say it) terrorist related. I know it's most likely not, as they wouldn't plant such a mild virus. Any way, if I won a trip, I'd take it without hesitation. I was only joking.;)

And I know, GD, how stable the ships are.Thanks;) :cool:

Outlaw8- Yes, I know how fortunate I am. I don't take it for granted how lucky we are to be able to go once or twice a month like we do (some times once a week!:)). In fact I'm going tomarrow with my Mom and Aunt to get there APs as they just moved here from GA.:cool:

Ghoulish Delight
12-05-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by outlaw8
Rstar was/is probably referring to the outbreak of illness on one of the Disney Cruise ships... I wish I lived close enough to go to DLR at least once a month..:(:( Duh. Right, sorry. And I even heard a blurb about it on the radio this morning :rolleyes: Never mind.