PDA

View Full Version : Need A Suite for Christmas--Cheap??

FOOD_AND_DRUG
12-03-2002, 09:28 AM
For those of you in need of a suite for the upcoming holiday, the new Anaheim Marriott Suites (actually located in Garden Grove) is offering a rate of $89.00 per night, plus 10 percent tax and a nightly commerce fee of .60c. The hotel does not charge for self-parking. They do not offer valet parking services.

You may have to phone the hotel direct at (714) 750-1000 to obtain the rate and refer to the Grand Opening rate or Winter Value rate.

The $89.00 per night rate is effective through December 31, 2002.

See the hotel here:

http://www.marriott.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=SNAAS

Ace
12-03-2002, 07:20 PM
www.priceline.com got us $40/night on December 10-12 last year, I think, at the Marriot.

FOOD_AND_DRUG
12-04-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Squinky
www.priceline.com got us $40/night on December 10-12 last year, I think, at the Marriot.

This hotel was not open last Christmas. The hotel stopped construction for some months after the events of 9/11. The Anheim Marriott Suites opened on November 16, 2002.

As for www.priceline.com, I strongly encourage you to review what others have successfully bid for hotel rooms in the Anaheim and adjacent areas by reviewing winning bids at: www.biddingfortravel.com and page down to the Orange County section.

If you paid $40 per night at the Anaheim Marriott and after adding in the cost for parking, you paid $10 more per night than you needed to.

The key to Priceline is not overbid and bid the lowest possible price so your bid is accepted.

For those who need a suite (and as far I know they are not yet participating in Priceline), $89 per night is a good deal for a suite during December.

Ace
12-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by FOOD_AND_DRUG
This hotel was not open last Christmas. The hotel stopped construction for some months after the events of 9/11. The Anheim Marriott Suites opened on November 16, 2002.

As for www.priceline.com, I strongly encourage you to review what others have successfully bid for hotel rooms in the Anaheim and adjacent areas by reviewing winning bids at: www.biddingfortravel.com and page down to the Orange County section.

If you paid $40 per night at the Anaheim Marriott and after adding in the cost for parking, you paid $10 more per night than you needed to.

The key to Priceline is not overbid and bid the lowest possible price so your bid is accepted.

For those who need a suite (and as far I know they are not yet participating in Priceline), $89 per night is a good deal for a suite during December.

k, maybe it wasn't the marriot. I can't remember, and I wasn't paying attention since the hotel wasn't the highlight of the trip.