PDA

View Full Version : Meet and greets for Bolt?

pretty Omi
11-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know if they intend to have a meet and greet set up for Bolt and Mittens? We saw the characters in the parade and are dying to get photos taken with them! They're SUPER cute~

DizneyMommy
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd think that would be really hard, seeing as how he's need to be on all fours... that would be an akward costume for sure.

houseofmouse
11-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I'd think that would be really hard, seeing as how he's need to be on all fours... that would be an akward costume for sure.

Pretty sure they would be just like Pluto. Just like in the pics from the parade. Yeah I am betting they will have them walking around somewhere, maybe DCA for pics. I would be really surprised if they didn't.

pretty Omi
11-20-2008, 08:48 AM

The characters in the parade have been the upright ones, like Pluto. I know they've been touring with them for their little cross country tour and they've been doing photos and autographs, I've seen the pix.

Yeah I am betting they will have them walking around somewhere, maybe DCA for pics. I would be really surprised if they didn't.

Yeah me too. That's going to be my guess where they hopefully show up. Just wanted to check if anyone's heard anything officially yet. :3

racccoon
11-20-2008, 09:44 AM
What about a real dog? A white dog with a red collar. I think that is doable.

houseofmouse
11-20-2008, 09:46 AM
What about a real dog? A white dog with a red collar. I think that is doable.

Until he bites someone! :eek:

Real dogs cannot do autographs. :)

cstephens
11-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Hmmm, guess I'll expect to see the Bolt walkaround at the El Capitan tomorrow night.

dznyphreak
11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Until he bites someone! :eek:

Real dogs cannot do autographs. :)

What do you mean? Bolt and Pluto are both real dogs... ;)

houseofmouse
11-20-2008, 01:23 PM
What do you mean? Bolt and Pluto are both real dogs... ;)

Right, I forgot! Hee. :)

disney jones
11-20-2008, 07:53 PM
i was at the Park today and asked a CM at Pixie Hollow this very question. She said "probably when the movie comes out in about a week or so." :rolleyes:

i reminded her the movie comes out tomorrow, and asked her if so, where they might be. Her answer was the DCA backlot likely.

So take that for what its worth. We'll be on the lookout tomorrow at DLR, heading to the El Cap and then back to DLR Saturday, so we'll keep our eyes out and report back.

My guess is they'll be making an appearance for MnG this weekend. :cool:

disney jones
11-24-2008, 11:09 AM
:|

apparently, there will be no MnG for Bolt scheduled. We sidn't see him at the El Cap, and for our pre-parade we saw Prince Caspian Saturday so we didn't even see him.

And I have a source who says there won't be any MnG scheduled for this time - only the pre-parade.

ChipmunkStar
11-24-2008, 11:15 AM
There are two pre-parades currently. Prince Caspian runs before the 1st parade of the day, while Bolt runs before the 2nd.

cstephens
11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Not sure if these are who are in the pre-parade, but here's a picture of walkaround Bolt and Rhino with Miley Cyrus at the premiere (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm248157440/tt0397892). I didn't see any pictures of Mittens so I don't know if there's a walkaround Mittens. Anyone actually seen the pre-parade before the second parade?

DizneyMommy
11-24-2008, 08:58 PM
I saw it, most annoying float ever with the ball popper thingy - scared my 9 month old out of her skin when it went by. They have Bolt and Mittens on the float plus some high school-ish looking flag team kids walking along with it (in really REALLY ugly costumes :~D)

MermaidHair
11-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Not sure if these are who are in the pre-parade, but here's a picture of walkaround Bolt and Rhino with Miley Cyrus at the premiere (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm248157440/tt0397892).

Quick derail: I looked at this picture and had a funny thought. Bolt has such a big grin on his face. Do you think the person inside the suit is smiling for the photo too even though their face is covered? I probably would be!

dznyphreak
11-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Quick derail: I looked at this picture and had a funny thought. Bolt has such a big grin on his face. Do you think the person inside the suit is smiling for the photo too even though their face is covered? I probably would be!

I asked my friend this (she's quite the mousey character ;)) and she said that yes, they do smile because it feels unnatural not to smile for a picture, even though they can't see your face.

Franz
12-02-2008, 10:41 AM
We will be at Disneyland the week before Christmas. Family made the plans on the spur of the moment after seeing "Bolt" in the theater. Are there any Bolt charachters/ parade floats/ photo ops, etc. in the park for us to visit?

(I loved the hamster & may need to find a souvenier related to him and his ball)

jenniebean
12-02-2008, 10:48 AM
According to this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=120577&highlight=bolt), there's no meet & greet for Bolt, but he IS on a little float before the second parade which I found ah-dorable!

Drince88
12-02-2008, 10:56 AM
And you don't even have to click that link - just scroll up (I merged the two threads together)

Franz
12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the info. I don't normally do character photos - I'm the one behind the camera usually - but I'd wait in line for a picture with Rhino the insane hamster!