PDA

View Full Version : A Pretty Good Screw Up!

Jeffreaky
11-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Tonight we made our way over to sit at River Belle Terrace to watch Fantasmic. We had dinner and waited. The park was empty today even with it being Mick Mouses Birthday and all so we had a pretty good seat. Right when the show started I took my son down to the waterside to watch the show. The recording started and the lights and water started spraying. I realized there was no Mickey directing the water to spray. All of the sudden the water was spraying with no lights coming up through the streams and then everything just stopped. About five minutes went by and I was starting to get bummed out thinking maybe they cancelled it this being my son's first time seeing Fantasmic and all. But then the show started over and Mickey came out and the show went on as usual. I wonder why it too so long to restart the show. Was Mickey just late or does it take that long to re-cue the programmed music and lights?

My son loved it except for the cannon, it startled him.

donaldwoods
11-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Funny... We saw it Sunday night and everything went smooth. Didn't even have a video glitch. My son didn't care for the cannon either but though all the bright flashy lights where cool.

danyoung
11-19-2008, 04:45 AM
Was Mickey just late or does it take that long to re-cue the programmed music and lights?

While I can't speak to the reason for the delay, I can tell you that a show this complex takes an amazing amount of cooperation, both with people and computers, to run the show. I'd guess the main show computer would have to be reset, then the film (or is it video now?) would have to be re-cued, communication confirmed between the main computer and the lighting and pyro consoles, etc. Then the crew would need to poll all departments over headset and make sure that they're ready for top of show. I'm not at all surprised that it took 5 minutes to re-start - in fact, considering all they had to do, I think 5 minutes was pretty good time!

mickeylove
11-19-2008, 06:50 AM
We are just home and Tues was the only day Fanatsmic ran, It was canceled mid show Fri, and Sat, It was full of problems, until it was stopped. Mickey was there, the witch had wardrobe malfuntion, no fireworks, no cauldron, and the water projectors stopped working, one of the princess floats did not appear, and the croc was a no show.

soccerlady16
11-19-2008, 09:35 AM
We were there Monday and the show went smoothly

Marasmama
11-21-2008, 06:38 AM
My daughter and I were eating dinner at the French Market and couldn't see the stage that well on Tuesday. We wondered what was going on. I would have loved to be a fly on the post around the Technical Director or Stage Manager when that happened. I'm guessing that if Mickey didn't appear it was a problem with the elevator that brings him up. But, I'm just guessing based on seeing the show more times than I care to count.

Autopia Guy
11-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Thats odd... Ive seen it before where the show started and the "TaDA!" part where all the light turn to Mickey right after he is supposed to pop up and there was no Mickey. About 20 seconds later, the front door of the cabin opens and there are like 3 stage techs shoving Mickey out the door. That was the weirdest show I've seen so far.

darph nader
11-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Thats odd... Ive seen it before where the show started and the "TaDA!" part where all the light turn to Mickey right after he is supposed to pop up and there was no Mickey. About 20 seconds later, the front door of the cabin opens and there are like 3 stage techs shoving Mickey out the door. That was the weirdest show I've seen so far.

Sounds like the techs were saying "You're on dude, quit hittin the bottle".:rolleyes: