PDA

View Full Version : Pirates

jjbell
07-10-2001, 11:29 AM
I just got back from Disneyland, my favorite ride was always Pirates but it seemed to me that the sky wasn't the same in the ride, I always loved the way the sky looked so real but it doesn't seem that way any more has it changed or is it just me?:confused:

Castmbrdlx
07-10-2001, 11:33 AM
They did a refurb a few months ago, so that may be it. I rode it the other day and your right it did feel different.

jjbell
07-10-2001, 11:37 AM
Of course one would hope a refurb would make things better not worse.:(

Castmbrdlx
07-10-2001, 11:43 AM
I agree. I also noticed that there seemd to be alot more water. I got really wet on the 1st drop!

Lacrosse Boy
07-10-2001, 12:55 PM
The sky IS different on Splash Pirates. ;)

Matterhorn Fan
07-10-2001, 01:11 PM
Last time I was there Pirates (and some other rides, namely the Haunted Mansion) seemed really dark. I don't know if that was to save energy, hide cobwebs (it was pre-rehab), or if someone decided it looked better that way, but a lot of the effects are lost when it's so dim. Could that be the problem now, too?

splbound
07-10-2001, 05:30 PM
Al wrote expensivly after the last refurb about the problems with splashing, etc. I have also noticed the sky changed. Not the real effect it used to have. I have also noticed the low water level that they are keeping in the ride. The flume sides (Which in my recollection have never been visible, are now about an inch out of the water thru the whole ride. Also, I have noticed in the last year or so the the auctioneer has been altered a bit. Does anyone notice this or just me>? it seems that after the spiel now he does a little "shimmy" and kind of a double-take that he never used to do?

Ralph Wiggum
07-10-2001, 05:45 PM
It still is really dark at points where it use to not be.

Mandrake Linux
07-10-2001, 05:49 PM
Instead of everybody saying how the sky has changed, explain WHAT CHANGED. I want to know weather its darker, lighter, etc...

jjbell
07-10-2001, 06:26 PM
I was always in Awe of how the sky looked so real, you would come in to where the big ship is and look up and you could only see clouds it gave the affect that you had really entered a real place, it was awesome. Now you can see the ceiling.The clouds they have now are on the back wall but you can tell how they are made, just with light and stencils, I guess, its not very good, needles to say I was dissapointed, I loved those clouds. There are certain nights here in Seattle when the clouds are that way and I have always called them Disney clouds I guess I can't anymore.:(