PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Roy

Pages : [1] 2

winniepooh
07-10-2001, 04:07 AM
Reading Davids colum about Roys allmost resignation really moved me.

As many other fans I want to do something to stop the Disney company from sinking even further down.

But what to do?

Would it help if David and Al sat down and wrote Roy a letter addressing all of our concerns, and the all us fans "signing" it writing name, age, address and our own comments. This would be a huge project, but perhaps a letter comming from all of us fans united would make a tiny difference somehow.

Am I totally wrong??

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 07:09 AM
Your not wrong Winniepooh...but I think there comes a time in a persons life when the fight just becomes too burdonsome...the problems too daunting and the easy chair too inviting.
The enemy, the all powerful Anti-Walt is on a personal campaign to rake in doubloons before he jumps ship.
The Cavalry is too dispersed and those that are at hand to sound the charge are also too greedy and spineless to act from concience.
We are witness to a MAD destruction...a Tea Party where the participants are beyond saving and the table setting means nothing to them anyway as they fling cups and smash watches in an all too obvious scramble of ineptitude.
Thanks to David for a piece worth reading and putting the finger squarely on the proper peg.
To the Anti-Walt...you can stop your PHONEY act and smile and begin your departure. We don't like you anymore.

The DLF

pheneix
07-10-2001, 07:21 AM
I love this idea. Perhaps with enough publicity, this could make a huge difference. Does Al or David post on these boards any? If so, what do you think?

It is time to quit complaining. It is time to quit hiding in the shadows. I vote to make this proposition a reality.

Allow me to be the first person to sign it. I'm behind this all of the way. Who else here agrees?

Pheneix

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 08:03 AM
I'll not only sign it..I'll hand deliver it.
Such a letter though can NOT pull punches and be a 'touchy feely' excersize in warmth and caring.
The arrow must go to the heart.

Corith
07-10-2001, 09:36 AM
It has long been my view that an army of Anti-Walk hench-men work full time keeping Roy isolated and uninformed. Any letter you write will be intercepted by the Anti-walt army. Even this site is blocked by the anti-walt on all disney internet access.

Best hope is to get it in the paper, such as the article in the St. Pertersburg Times
http://www.sptimes.com/News/070801/Columns/Where_has_the_magic_g.shtml

Something like that needs to make it in the LA Times finacial section or Wall Street jouranal. Something Roy might read.

Lacrosse Boy
07-10-2001, 01:01 PM
I hope Roy reads it.

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 01:11 PM
No wet blanket here...go ahead...all fronts need to be attacked...however, I'm for getting these oppinions and solutions out to where it really might count...OLC and Dreamworks for my hoped for 'buy out'...even letters to Universal and all the competition will keep the THORN firmly in place.
Remember...most don't give a hoot...but the competition sure does!

By the way..I got it on very good authority this morning that Roy's E mail gets through. (:D)

Corith
07-10-2001, 05:15 PM
If that is true, then I say everybody send him mail - a nice big letter writing campaign to send anti-walt packing.

Send it to stock holders as well. When financial and investor news start to give bad reports of the anti-walt poor performace, its time for him to go.

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 05:43 PM
It is my opinion and a gut feeling ONLY that he (The Anti-Walt) is in preperation to bail no matter what is said or written.
No I don't have a Tarot deck or call that Looney Toon on TV...it is mainly the preponderance of clues and occurances that all add up to a 'Get Away'...whether it's sooner or later, his detractors could do worse than bet on this horse to bolt, bundle in hand. It is now more a matter of how much damage is allowed to occur before this happens and it is obvious to me (and maybe me only) that he is attempting to get all he can before this happens.
Koenig uses the term 'Golden Parachute'...David is being overly kind and maybe cautious because of his position, I don't know...me on the other hand being a supreme nobody can go with the gut. I've always thought the Anti-Walt was a big phoney anyway. I don't care if I'm right or not. I just want my Disney back.

Mandrake Linux
07-10-2001, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by pheneix
I love this idea. Perhaps with enough publicity, this could make a huge difference. Does Al or David post on these boards any? If so, what do you think?

It is time to quit complaining. It is time to quit hiding in the shadows. I vote to make this proposition a reality.

Allow me to be the first person to sign it. I'm behind this all of the way. Who else here agrees?

Pheneix

This has been tried before.

I started the idea for the Disneyland Revival Team on a quest to notify the Disney-loving public and try and do something about it. I got disrespected, someone told me "I knew you never had it from the start."

The thread has exactly 2128 views now with 119 replies. The biggest one ever posted on this board. Go look at it on the second page. It's posted by my old username ACDC Therapy. About 20-30 people said they agree to do their part but only one person did it.

I am sorry to say that this board is basically filled with a bunch of hypocrites.

We agreed to start savethemouse.org and it has now been idle for a month now. Everyone forgot about it. They never had regular meetings. I joined the official savethemouse mailing list, and in 1 month of joining it, all I got was a link to a news site. There is no organization. I told everyone in my thread that this would fail, and now everyone stares at me knowing what I foresaw was true at the same time feeling bad not doing something about it.

The guy that started savethemouse.org doesn't even post here anymore. The graphic design for the site has stopped. They said that they have to do it slow to make a difference, it seems they all just gave up already. If you think this signing thing is a good idea, don't depend on any Disney fan to sign it.

All everyone can do is complain, nobody posted another thread about DOING SOMETHING except 3 people total including me.

One: Disneyland Revival Team
Two: Save Country Bear (they even didn't bother to look at that one)
Three: This one

So in the future when you hear an attempt to start a campaign like this:

DON'T BELIEVE IT.

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 06:21 PM
One voice..one vote...
I've been carrying on my own one person campaign...in so doing I have said my piece many times in various media and specifically these boards. By not 'joining' others official efforts and not looking for anyone to 'join' my own there is no dissappointment. (;)
Being part of a concerted group effort is fine as long as it follows through...being part of my own, I KNOW it will.

It is the individuals like Al Lutz..David Koenig and of course many others who by speaking their mind and representing their own personal view rather than a group mentality that I admire.
Maybe somebody does read this stuff who has an IQ over 85 and can actually DO SOMETHING within the company...maybe not.

The efforts should contuinue none the less at what ever level you choose as long as it is from the heart.

Don't wait for others to join you...just DO.

Mandrake Linux
07-10-2001, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by DoodleDuck(A.E)
One voice..one vote...
I've been carrying on my own one person campaign...in so doing I have said my piece many times in various media and specifically these boards. By not 'joining' others official efforts and not looking for anyone to 'join' my own there is no dissappointment. (;)
Being part of a concerted group effort is fine as long as it follows through...being part of my own, I KNOW it will.

It is the individuals like Al Lutz..David Koenig and of course many others who by speaking their mind and representing their own personal view rather than a group mentality that I admire.
Maybe somebody does read this stuff who has an IQ over 85 and can actually DO SOMETHING within the company...maybe not.

The efforts should contuinue none the less at what ever level you choose as long as it is from the heart.

Don't wait for others to join you...just DO.

We're all anxious what differences you have done regarding the company.

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 07:06 PM
If you are responding to my post, I don't get the question. I didn't say I made any difference other than project an idea toward the company.
My hope was that there IS someone there who can affect a change...though I'm doubtful.

pheneix
07-10-2001, 07:08 PM
DoodleDuck, have you ever read the boards at Mouseinfo?

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 07:25 PM
Wow..that site sure has changed! No..never did their boards and probably won't.
Michael's runs a good ship though...he don't need me hanging around. ;)
Why did you ask?

pheneix
07-10-2001, 08:00 PM
Their boards are absolutely insane. To say that they believe in the Anti-Walt would be an understatement. You really should check out that place. I think they need a serious wake up call that I simply can't deliver. ;)

Pheneix

JRob2k1
07-10-2001, 08:06 PM
Hey Pheneix,

I just started reading some of the posts on MouseInfo. They really attack the people that say anything against the Disney co. Wow!

Especially any of the "Marcie" threads

-JRob

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 08:19 PM
Nah...trying to wake up a bunch of uninformed half wits that can't see what's going on isn't my cup of tea. That 'Marcie' Cheerleader column was a potential rallying point for the appologists from the get go.
Marcie my foot. It's Pressler in drag.
Takes all kinds...I just ain't one of 'em.

pheneix
07-10-2001, 08:19 PM
>>>Especially any of the "Marcie" threads<<<

I know. Not only that, but if you even say "Mouseplanet", they go off on some damned rant about how MP is not a "balanced" site and that anyone who supports Al "does not believe in Disney". Give me a break.

As for Al rallying people to get a refund after they saw Light Magic, well... I can't blame him, I would be standing there with him if I were there. After all, it was Light Magic. ;)

I take it you have seen how poorly my messages have been recieved. Have you seen Marcie's actual replies? There is only one term that can describe her: enabler.

Pheneix

pheneix
07-10-2001, 08:23 PM
>>>trying to wake up a bunch of uninformed half wits that can't see what's going on isn't my cup of tea<<<

ROFL! I've seen about 7 people during my membership with MI that actually seem like people who have gotten the picture.

>>>Marcie my foot. It's Pressler in drag.<<<

That is certiainly much funnier than her being Pressler's wife. ;)

I may post my entire conversation (on-line only, where anyone would have had access to the entire conversation to begin with) here soon. Everyone needs to see just what kind of person Marcie is.

Pheneix

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 08:29 PM
Well...not everyone...I couldn't care less what she/he is about. I read her/his 1st column...that was enough.

JRob2k1
07-10-2001, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by pheneix
[BI take it you have seen how poorly my messages have been recieved. Have you seen Marcie's actual replies? There is only one term that can describe her: enabler.

Pheneix [/B]

Marcie's spin is great. You can almost see his/her lips attached to the backside of the upper management.

I personally like to take in all the different opinions, so I can get a pretty balanced view, but its hard for me agree with anything "it says." Maybe its just me, but reading her posts on MI didnt really help her credibility to me!

-JRob

pheneix
07-10-2001, 08:37 PM
>>>I read her/his 1st column...that was enough.<<<

Good point. She is an enabler, and nothing more.

Pheneix

pheneix
07-10-2001, 08:44 PM
>>>You can almost see his/her lips attached to the backside of the upper management.<<<

I have much worse mental images of her, but for the sake of keeping these boards family safe, I will not post them. ;)

The real kicker with Marcie is how she treated Planet 7 on MI's boards. Now, I posted a portion of an e-mail that I wrote to heron the boards, but that was my e-mail that I posted. I would never publicly post another person's private e-mail message, never. However, that didn't stop Marcie. She pulled an excerpt from P7's e-mail, and posted it on the board for all to see. Granted, it was nothing that was important, but the very fact that she would stoop to such a level speaks highly of what kind of person she is.

Pheneix

Doodle Duck
07-10-2001, 09:00 PM
Piffle.