PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Rallymonkey23
12-01-2002, 10:31 AM
I don't know if this has been talked about on the boards yet but I was wondering. What would you do if Disneyland never introduced the Annual Passports?

I would go nutts myself. Talk about torture! :eek:

MouseWife
12-01-2002, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't be sad because I don't have one.

{Can't miss what isn't there.}

TimBuk2
12-01-2002, 12:23 PM
I would probably spend more time at Knotts or Mag Mtn. Or maybe move out of state. Sandusky, OH has the largest, fastest roller coaster, that might be a good place to hide out for a while.

Or how about sneaking in. That used to be easy.

MouseWife - How did your trip go, I seem to recall you were visiting the parks a few months ago.

SusanP.
12-01-2002, 12:27 PM
I'd have to go work there, I guess. I don't have an extra $45 a week in my budget for Disneyland. (Try explaining that credit card charge to the husband- no thanks!):eek:

MouseWife
12-01-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by TimBuk2

MouseWife - How did your trip go, I seem to recall you were visiting the parks a few months ago.

Great memory!!

Well, actually I went up for the potluck. Only. :(

I was going to get AP's for Christmas but I am the only one who wants one. :(

PS2, GameCube bundle, new t.v.; no one had AP's on their list. :(

We are planning on coming up for ONE DAY only. :rolleyes:

But, I will take what I can get!!! :D

I haven't been into the park since last Christmas. I did go into DCA for the Soap thing. Not the same..........

Yes, if I lived close by I would try to work there, or at least make the kids work there!!

HBTiggerFan
12-01-2002, 07:50 PM
I would do what I did before I had an AP...Have my "contacts" let me in, or not go. I wouldn't know any difference. Actually it would probably be more special, because it would be a rare treat that I get to go. I think its losing a little of the anticipation/magic that a trip used to have.

cemeinke
12-01-2002, 10:29 PM
Considering that now as an AP I don't seem to go on as many rides as I used to, I'd just get then general admission and get seperate tickets for the 3 or 4 attractions I'd ride that day.

cstephens
12-02-2002, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
I don't know if this has been talked about on the boards yet but I was wondering. What would you do if Disneyland never introduced the Annual Passports?

I'd continue with what I was doing before I got an AP - buy a day pass a couple times a year.

Not Afraid
12-02-2002, 07:17 AM
Since I've been going to DL since 1965 and only gotten an AP a handful of years ago, I'd just go back to doing things the old way and relying on corporate discounts and other specials.

Of course, I'd probably then have time to do my other cultural pasttimes like UCLA's Dance Series, strange one act plays, small concerts and odd little movies that streak past the theaters.:)

mad4mky
12-02-2002, 08:45 AM
We have only had AP's for one year...we just renewed this week.

If we didn't buy them last year, we would continue the way we did things in the past...go as often as possible, and buy through AAA or when we got to the park (we did get comp tickets several times through a friend...or when I worked at The Disney Store).

But, since we do have the passes (and the time-share condo there in Anaheim) we do go more often...:)

innerSpaceman
12-02-2002, 09:12 AM
I survived quite nicely for 3 recent years without an AP, going to the Park only 3 or 4 times a year. It returned some of the magical, special quality of my visits. Were it not for the Sunday meets which I quite enjoy, I could easily go back to the very special, quarterly visits that result in not burning out on the Park.

Allysen1Derland
12-02-2002, 10:43 AM
I don't have an AP! Yet! ;)

However, Hades always says that he's my "Annual Passport" because he always signs me in! :D So, if I didn't have Hades anymore in my life, I'd probably go insane grieving like a mad woman! :( :eek: And since I've had my fill of that this year, I certainly DON'T want anymore! (and Hades really needs a new screen name, because whenever I refer to him, it always sounds like I'm hanging out with the devil at the Magic Kingdom!! :eek: )

So, if MP'er Hades decided to no longer sign me in, I guess I would have to get a side job working there....NOT! Been there, done that! However, it was lotsa fun! So, maybe, just maybe I'd work there again! :)

Most likely I'd shell out the outrageous clams to get me in the front gate everytime! :eek:

Some things are just worth it! :)

jslivinski
12-10-2002, 12:37 PM
NO AP!:eek: Seriously, we would still come down, but probably only once a year and we would have money to visit other places.