PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining issues

LaurensMom
11-16-2008, 04:35 PM
I have never had any issues with Disney Dining until this year. We are getting ready to head out next Sunday (the 23rd) and I now have received 2 calls from 2 differnt CMs about our priority seating. The first one was for Ariels Grotto on Tuesday the 25th. Our original reservations were 6:40pm, inside for 8. I called at 8am, 60 days prior and they said they could not do 6:00pm, had to be 6:40pm (odd!). Now on Thursday this past week they advised that they had to move it to 7:10pm. I could do a 5:40 or 6:10 both would be outdoors or a 7:10 indoors. As I have a 2yr old and a 4 yr old I opted for the inside time of 7:10pm, not to happy about that as they will both be very tired and grumpy that late. When I asked them why the change I got a blanket response of I don't know, something about the princesses, conflict, just being told to call and change.

Now today I get a call confirming my reservations for Thanksgiving Buffet at the DLR Ballroom. The CM on the phone, very friendly I might add, added that a lot of people are cancelling and they just want to make sure that we are still coming. Does this mean that if there are not a lot of people they may cancel? Has anyone else had any adjustments before to their PS reservations? We have always used DD and never had any issues or changes. What are some of your thoughts? Am I making a bigger deal out of this then I should be? I just want everything to be perfect and better than last year, although last year will be hard to top....

Malcon10t
11-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Has anyone else had any adjustments before to their PS reservations? We have always used DD and never had any issues or changes. What are some of your thoughts? Am I making a bigger deal out of this then I should be? I just want everything to be perfect and better than last year, although last year will be hard to top....I've had this happen a couple times. Never have been sure why they change things, but everything usually works out well. One year, we had seating at Minnie for breakfast, and got a call that they were canceling all Minnnie seatings and moving everyone to Goofy's, but we were given choice of times.

ChurroGirl
11-16-2008, 05:22 PM
We had booked the Blue Bayou in July for our Oct trip this year, found out in Sept that Miley Cyrus was going to have her birthday party the same night and close the park right at our ressie. DD called and had moved our ressie to a lunch instead of dinner, we opted to just change it to a new day instead.

Other than that we have never *knocks on wood* had an issue.

TTFN92
11-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Does this mean that if there are not a lot of people they may cancel?

I would think that they are just confirming so that they can offer it to the people calling and trying to book if you aren't going to use the PS. I know sometimes we decide not to do something that we've booked but I don't always get right on the phone and cancel. But if someone called me about it I would be able to tell them we weren't doing it and that would free up that time slot. I would assume that is what they were doing. I could be totally wrong though, it's just my guess.

disney_leonard
11-19-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm sure they won't cancel Thanksgiving dinner. But they do cook whole turkeys and probably don't want to have too much food. They also fill up PS for this and turn people down. If people are cancelling they have a chance to offer seats to others who wouldn't get PS otherwise.