PDA

View Full Version : Esplande Bricks

Pages : [1] 2

DizneyMommy
11-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Has anyone asked recently about buying a brick in the esplande to see if they are releasing any right now? I always forget and walk right past City Hall - and then remember when we are back in the parking garage!

My older daughter has one and we want to get one for the baby before they are gone, but I was worried about what will happen to them when DCA undergoes all of this gate construction - they won't move the gate itself far enough to disturb bricks will they? Our first one is in C44 so really much closer to the Disneyland side, but who knows where the next one will end up.

hofmanns4
11-15-2008, 12:20 PM
I think right now they are only putting them close to DL. We just bought a brick in July and it was due to be installed by the end of November. However, there must have been some pixie dust involved because our brick was there the first day of our visit on 11/1. :)

We are in section C10 which is in front of DL gate 16 under the monarail track. I saw a few new sections in that area, so I think they are trying not to go too close to DCA right now.

jenniebean
11-16-2008, 01:22 PM
How do you go about doing this? I see a birthday gift for a Disney-loving best friend...

Tinkermommy
11-16-2008, 01:31 PM
How do you go about doing this? I see a birthday gift for a Disney-loving best friend...

You can call (800) 760-3566 and they can fax or email you the form. Or, next time you're in the park, you can stop by the newsstand to the left before you go under the bridge (where the package hold is) and they can give you a brochure that includes the order form. The form shows your logo options, size etc.

In that stand, they also have samples of the acrylic and wooden replicas you can buy for an additional $35.

donaldwoods
11-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Does anyone know the going rate for a brick? I am thinking it would make a great christmas present.

ChurroGirl
11-16-2008, 03:12 PM
It is 135$ and with the replica its about 160. We my FDH and I are going to get one on our honeymoon.
And we are going to get one for my dad for his 56th birthday. I just showed him the brochure and he started crying. Its always been his dream to have one. Now its coming true.

DizneyMommy
11-16-2008, 04:28 PM
That's interesting.. did they lower their prices? The brick we bought in 2005 was $150 at the AP rate plus another 30-40ish for the replica.

You can also get the info in City Hall if the news stand is not open (which happens sometimes for some random reason) or if you are going to City Hall anyways. That's where we have purchased ours before.

Oh, and those of you thinking about Christmas... just FYI - it can take MONTHS for them to install. When we bought ours in 2005 it took 8 months before they had it in. They can give you an estimated install date when you buy it, they have a loose schedule as to when they will next be put in, but I think it really depends on the section selling out before they install because they do a whole section at once. Ours took 3 months longer than their schedule said.

AnotherJenny
11-16-2008, 04:44 PM
I bought one over the phone on Dec 31st, 2004. (I remember because I was on vacation and burned my cell battery waiting on hold, but I finished my purchase 10 min before they left for the day!)

I got the 50th anniversary brick, which was $150, but they had a passholder deal for $100 (plus tax) if you purchased by the 31st. I was able to make the purchase over the phone, then they sent me a letter confirming everything was spelled right, and I only had to respond if there was a mistake. The CM even told me if I changed my mind about the text I could change it, since it wouldn't be installed until April. (After the brick was installed we got a "contract" and a certificate with a copy of the brick on it.)

I always thought they sold the bricks year round and then only installed them in batches. And I have to say, this is the most entertaining $100 I've ever spent. We love to walk by the brick on our way in or when crossing between parks. It's so cool to see your name right there, and then too look up and see Disneyland!

Here is an article which also includes an email address: http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/08/13/ask-us-anything-personal-bricks-at-disneyland-resort/

DizneyMommy
11-16-2008, 05:10 PM
And I have to say, this is the most entertaining $100 I've ever spent. We love to walk by the brick on our way in or when crossing between parks. It's so cool to see your name right there, and then too look up and see Disneyland!

Tell me about it! When my DD got old enough to understand, she started telling EVERYONE that she has a Disney brick. Whenever we take out of town family she refuses to let anyone go in the gate without first proudly pointing out her brick and she insists on "checking on it" every time we go (like more than 2 times a month) She, at age 4, can even find it on her own. She thinks she is a stinkin celebrity :-)

ChurroGirl
11-16-2008, 05:12 PM
I cant wait to find mine when they put it in! We are very excited, I am thinking of doing my dads at the same time as ours so that it can be in the same grouping! That would be super cool!

DizneyMommy
11-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I cant wait to find mine when they put it in! We are very excited, I am thinking of doing my dads at the same time as ours so that it can be in the same grouping! That would be super cool!

Even if you buy it at the same time, it may not be in the same section and they are not able to make any accommodations as far as location relative to other bricks - at least that was the way it was in 2005. It's really not something they have any control over.

ChurroGirl
11-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh no, we are aware, it just would be cool if it was in the same area.

My dad for as long as he has been going to DL, 1971, has wanted one. Has never been able to find out how to get one. When FDH and I were there in Oct. we found out, and I decided that we were going to do that for him finally. I just showed him the brochure, seriously, just showed it to him and he had to sit down from being choked up. It was a cool moment. So whenever they put it in, where ever they put it in, it will make a man very happy.

DizneyMommy
11-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Where did they install the bricks in 1971? There was no Esplande then - it was a parking lot. Are there some hiding somewhere else from before the Esplande existed?

DizneyMommy
11-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey, thanks for that article link, Jenny - duh if I had just read it, it is the exact question I was asking!
Q: With the expansion of Disney’s California Adventure, what will happen to the paving stones or bricks that guests bought to be placed in the esplanade between Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure?
A: Bob Tucker, a former spokesman for Disneyland, said in 2007: “We are still evaluating the commemorative paving stone program and determining if any stones will have to be relocated to another area due to the DCA construction.” Tucker said no pavers would be removed permanently. The bricks most likely to be moved are the ones by the “California” letters in front of California Adventure. Those letters will be taken out when the entrance to the park is moved out to that area.
In 2000, the program started to allow guests to sponsor a paver inscribed with the name, hometown or a memorable event, like a birthday. The cost is $150 and includes three lines of script. If you are interested in buying a brick, call 1-800-760-3566 or send an e-mail message to dl.bricks@disney.com (dl.bricks@disney.com)

DizMe
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't know if it's still current, but here is a link to the application for a brick: http://www.wdwinv.com/difiles/merchevents/Brick%20Order%20Form.pdf

I read about it at this site: http://ratcage.com/disneyland-articles/disneyland-magic/how-to-get-a-disneyland-brick.html

I found the above info last year by googling Disneyland brick or something like that.

hofmanns4
11-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Don't forget you can get a 10% discount using a Disney Visa!!!

Our brick with acrylic replica cost $166 with the discount.

FolsomFan
11-21-2008, 07:42 AM
I so want this for Christmas. I am going to ask Santa for one.

disneylandgirl
11-21-2008, 09:50 AM
This is so cool, I've always wondered why they had so many names on the ground, I though you had to be somebody "important" or "high up". I want one now! My fiance and I are thinking about honeymooning at DL next year... if so I totally want a brick. :D

danyoung
11-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Whenever we take out of town family she refuses to let anyone go in the gate without first proudly pointing out her brick and she insists on "checking on it" every time we go (like more than 2 times a month)

I can totally relate. I have my face up on the "tombstones" in front of Epcot. Every WDW trip will start and end with an Epcot visit, and I always have to stop and check me out at the beginning and the end of the stay. It's really something to sit here in Dallas and know that even though no one is looking directly at me in Epcot, my smiling face is there looking out at everyone. Very very cool!

cstephens
11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
We're bi-coastal! The brick at DLR esplanade was a wedding gift from a couple that we're friends with, and the Epcot thing was a wedding gift from friends of my MIL.

DisneyFanKat
11-21-2008, 01:10 PM
And I have to say, this is the most entertaining $100 I've ever spent. We love to walk by the brick on our way in or when crossing between parks. It's so cool to see your name right there, and then too look up and see Disneyland!

I agree! I got mine as a birthday gift back in 2002 and it's GREAT to see it each time. My friends like to torture me by stomping on it or something - but it's all in fun. :)

K & S
11-22-2008, 01:40 PM
This is so cool, I've always wondered why they had so many names on the ground, I though you had to be somebody "important" or "high up". I want one now! My fiance and I are thinking about honeymooning at DL next year... if so I totally want a brick. :D

You could get the one with wedding bells and have your wedding date on it!

:)

DizneyMommy
11-24-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't know if it's still current, but here is a link to the application for a brick: http://www.wdwinv.com/difiles/merchevents/Brick%20Order%20Form.pdf

This site is the old application, the 50th emblem is no longer offered and the prices are different. I picked up an app last week at the park - but handed it straight over to grandma so I don't remember what it said. The new AP special emblem is really cute, though!

EeyoreGirl
11-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for asking about this. Everytime we go to DLR dh and I talk about getting one. We'll have to look into this on our next trip (in 11 days - yay!).

HopeTrust N PixieDust
11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I just surprised my fiance with a brick for our anniversary last Monday and he loved it. The info you already posted is correct. I bought ours late July and it was installed this November (2008). It's right by the entrance of Disneyland so that's very cool! It was around $160 with the replica and the 10% AP discount. HTH. :)