PDA

View Full Version : Disney expecting a happier holiday - Orange County Register, 11/28/02

Darkbeer
11-28-2002, 09:40 AM
Disney expecting a happier holiday (http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=13585&section=BUSINESS&year=2002&month=11&day=28) - Orange County Register, 11/28/02

QuikQuote: Early indications are the Disneyland Resort will enjoy "a very strong holiday season," Brocato said.
That would be a gift for any theme park after a stubborn tourism slump. Industry analysts project attendance at theme parks to be down about 15 percent nationwide this year. Disney's California Adventure could face that kind of decline. Disneyland has fared better and could match last year with 12.4 million visitors, an estimate by trade magazine Amusement Business, but that's 11 percent below 2000 attendance.

ldsguy
11-28-2002, 09:57 PM
Well, I went today and I have to say that Disney is pulling out all of the stops this Holiday season, In DCA there is SO much going on that you can't possibly do it all....they have Aladdin (regular previews start Dec. 9th with intermitent previews prior), the mistle tones (another acapella (sort of) group, who is also really good, for those of you that don't know there is Grove 66, which is an AWESOME Acapella group in DCA, who is also now singing Christmas music with the rest of thier music), there's a "Holiday Pep Band",. who is also really good, they have the Sand Sculptures, which again are good, and I had many doubts about it......that's jsut the entertainments in the one park, so with all that they are doing between Downtown Disney,m the Hotels, Disneyland and DCA I would say that they wil have a really good Holiday Season. Which I think is really good, I really love Christmas, it's my favorite time of the year.

Chris

Dlandmom
11-30-2002, 09:16 AM
I haven't been to see the holiday decorations yet, but I'm hoping to do so soon. I already did a huge early Christmas shopping trip about a month ago (I'm a compulsive early Christmas shopper!), but I know there are a few more things I need to get. Plus, I really want to take my daughter to Flik's Fun Fair.

It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun!