PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise Question

ScottC4746
11-11-2008, 06:48 AM
I remember when I first visited DL in 1990, the queue for Jungle Cruise stretched onto the second floor and back. Even on summer weekends I have not seen that happen anymore...does anyone know why?

BIRDGIRLS
11-11-2008, 07:25 AM
I think they pretty much do that when the line gets too long, so it doesn't stretch out into the streets of Adventureland..

xXzombieXmouseXx
11-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Well they turned the queue into 2 stories to keep adventure land less crowded and to keep it more contained. You may not be seeing it build up like that anymore because of lower crowd attendance or the fact that many people don't ride it anymore. I will ride it but only after I've ridden all the other rides and if the ride for the jungle cruise is short.

The old man
11-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Went upstairs about two years ago. You know you're in for a wait if you go up there.

Bytebear
11-11-2008, 08:50 AM
On the really busy days, I see the second floor queue used a lot, and many years ago I even used it. But now, I just do the Jungle Cruise after dark when there is no line, even on busy days.

FaithTrustPixieDust
11-11-2008, 09:03 AM
I've never seen the line that long for the jungle cruise. Hmm. . .Probably because I always go during off season to avoid the crowds. lol

Smorri
11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
We go to DL once or twice a month at least. About twice during the last year the line was long enough that the line was directed up to the second floor.

Yep, the ride isn't as popular as many of the other rides. But if handled right with some re-imagining/remodeling to take advantage of next year's movie... it might get back to it's old glory.

DizMe
11-11-2008, 10:50 AM
I wish they'd let the skippers 'wing it' on occasion like they used to. The script can get awfully stale, and there were some very clever skippers in the past that honed their improv skills!

DaDuckFan1955
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah I miss hearing an off Script especially right before they close for the night. They used to get really sarcastic towards everyone and everything and creative...
The Skippers even asked if parents had little children if they did not mind.

jenniebean
11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
I wish they'd let the skippers 'wing it' on occasion like they used to. The script can get awfully stale, and there were some very clever skippers in the past that honed their improv skills!

... if you get lucky sometimes they still do ;)

DizMe
11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
... if you get lucky sometimes they still do ;)

Oh, that's good to hear! I know they really cracked down on it for a while, which I thought was a shame ;). Half (or more) of the fun was hearing what the skippers were going to come up with.

jenniebean
11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Oh, that's good to hear! I know they really cracked down on it for a while, which I thought was a shame ;). Half (or more) of the fun was hearing what the skippers were going to come up with.
I am such a fan of the classics & all, but after a monotone skipper on a boat with a broken speaker a few weeks ago, I had lost a lot of hope. But, when he was visiting, my bestie Scott begged to go on it, so I relented... only to have the BEST ride through EVER! :D (next to the Indy path) "& to the right, if you look through the foliage, you'll see a curious species that walks on its hind legs. The offspring latch onto the parents, not letting go for approximately 18 to 25 years." (by the apes overrunning the camp) "You see that ape right there? The one looking down the barrel of the shotgun? He's about to learn a very important lesson about gun control." Maybe it was because the boat was almost entirely (estimated) over 16 or so, but it was so hilarious I was snorting with laughter.

MammaSilva
11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
One of my favorite JC rides, I happened to be wearing MP gear, and honestly had forgotten I had it on... we get to the elephant pool and the skipper managed to manipulate the boat speed to the point I got sprayed by the elephant, our group filled over half the boat so it was really funny when he said, now you can go post on the pad you got hosed by the elephants...I honestly forgot I had on an MP shirt and I turned to the person next to me and did the Wow how did he know we're padders...give me the duh ploma.

DizMe
11-12-2008, 04:20 PM
One of my favorite JC rides, I happened to be wearing MP gear, and honestly had forgotten I had it on... we get to the elephant pool and the skipper managed to manipulate the boat speed to the point I got sprayed by the elephant, our group filled over half the boat so it was really funny when he said, now you can go post on the pad you got hosed by the elephants...I honestly forgot I had on an MP shirt and I turned to the person next to me and did the Wow how did he know we're padders...give me the duh ploma.

What a riot!!! I'll have to look into getting an MP shirt...

DizMe
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I am such a fan of the classics & all, but after a monotone skipper on a boat with a broken speaker a few weeks ago, I had lost a lot of hope. But, when he was visiting, my bestie Scott begged to go on it, so I relented... only to have the BEST ride through EVER! :D (next to the Indy path) "& to the right, if you look through the foliage, you'll see a curious species that walks on its hind legs. The offspring latch onto the parents, not letting go for approximately 18 to 25 years." (by the apes overrunning the camp) "You see that ape right there? The one looking down the barrel of the shotgun? He's about to learn a very important lesson about gun control." Maybe it was because the boat was almost entirely (estimated) over 16 or so, but it was so hilarious I was snorting with laughter.

I think most people like the sense that the experience is a more personal one for their group rather than the same old canned speech every other group gets. I have to say, though, that even the canned speech can be entertaining with the right skipper! The ones that are able to get you to read between the lines.

DisneyFanKat
11-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Some of my fave JC rides have included these...(not sure if they are direct quotes - but you'll get the idea)

*the hippo pool - when he shoots the gun "I think I got the one in the tree!"

*also hippos - "good thing I'm not dressed like a white ball" :)

*the natives with the spears....he stopped the vote and gave them a lecture "you've scared all these nice people" (they turn toward us...) "you should be ashamed of yourselves! Now....get back down and hide and scare the NEXT boat" (they go back down to hide)

DisneyFanKat
11-14-2008, 09:06 AM
I honestly forgot I had on an MP shirt

Where does one get one of these shirts btw? :) I tried looking on the main page, but didn't happen to find anything....!

MammaSilva
11-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Where does one get one of these shirts btw? :) I tried looking on the main page, but didn't happen to find anything....!

There is a cafe press store (http://shop.cafepress.com/design/15711774) online that you can order MP gear. My shirts have the "classic" MP logo (thanks Alex LOL) that say What Planet are you ON? .... I bought them two weeks before the surprise release of the current logo as part of the Mouse Adventure that year.

DisneyFanKat
11-14-2008, 09:24 AM
There is a cafe press store (http://shop.cafepress.com/design/15711774) online that you can order MP gear. My shirts have the "classic" MP logo (thanks Alex LOL) that say What Planet are you ON? .... I bought them two weeks before the surprise release of the current logo as part of the Mouse Adventure that year.

Very cool! THANK YOU!!!!