PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland Madness- come back when you're big enough

Seashellmama
11-08-2008, 02:29 PM
At California Adventure yesterday, my older DD (just turning 7) was tall enough for Mulholland Madness, but my younger (about to turn 4) wasn't. No big deal, until the older wanted to ride anyway, and the younger turned out to be very sad about it. My parents tried to console and distract her, and so did the CM at the entrance to the line- as part of which, she gave my DD a card and said that when she was big enough she could bring the card back and her whole group could come to the front of the line.

I'd never heard of this- anyone else? The card is specific to Mulholland Madness, with Cruella Deville on it, saying "Not to worry, darling! One day you'll be as tall and gorgeous as I am - then you'll be big enough to ride Mulholland Madness! Don't forget to bring this card back with you. Ta-ta!", and says it's for "one-time usage only. Limit six (6) Guests per card." It doesn't actually say you get, well, anything, but I think I believe the CM that we can use it, perhaps through the fastpass line. There's no expiration or anything on it, of course.

Do any other rides have consolation cards like this for slightly-too-short sad children?

TTFN92
11-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I've never heard of this either. I guess it's one of those great Disney magic things :). Did it help your DD?

Cathy at the Park
11-08-2008, 02:56 PM
We received one from the Jumpin' Jellyfish ride.

Cathy

DisneyLynn
11-08-2008, 06:17 PM
We got one for the Maliboomer, not that there is ever a line for it.

Niwel
11-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I hope she gets there soon ... I believe MM is one of the attractions that is going down during the refurb. I think the new version will likely honor it. :)

Seashellmama
11-08-2008, 08:06 PM
It's, uh, not really one of my favorite rides... I wouldn't be surprised if we never use it. I wonder if Tower of Terror has them for kids who are too scared... my 7yo backed out early, before going into the first room from the lobby, while the 4yo happily went on with my parents...

HobbitFeet
11-09-2008, 09:12 PM
My son got a card like that for Star Tours, when the second measuring CM was able to put a piece of paper above his head. Sigh.

Anyway, next time we went back, after being counseled to stand straight and tall and NOT let someone put paper above his head, it got us into a side door, up a set of stairs, and literally front of the line. Sooooo cool.

He has a card like that for Grizzly, too, as he was about half inch too short, knew it, but insisted on measuring every time we went by (OK so he has two cards for it :rolleyes:).

gatorfreud
11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I heard of someone that had one from Star Tours... I think at WDW, and they took it back years later and went right to the front! :)

Kim

EeyoreGirl
11-10-2008, 09:27 AM
This is an interesting thread. We're going next month. Ds3 wants to ride Star Tours sooooo bad. I think he's going to be barely tall enough and may run into the "discretion of the CM". DH and I are praying he's big enough because we really want to take him on that, BTMR, and Soaring. We rarely ride these rides because it's no fun going by yourself.