PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Midway Mania question!

BIRDGIRLS
11-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Alright, I'm going next weekend for the first time since August. Soooooo excited. How long have the lines been lately for TSMM? When's the best time to go?

Matterhorn Yodeler
11-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I went on Sunday 26th October. The parks were not overly crowded that day. The wait was very reasonable. We waited about 30 minutes at about 2:00 PM. No apparent breakdowns and the line kept moving. Unfortunately, Mr. Potato Head was not operating. The curtains around him were drawn.

doublewide77
11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Sunday 11/2 around 4pm line was 30-35 minutes. Singles line was open, but they take so few singles not sure it's much of an advantage.

Mid-day can still be pretty warm around these parts, near 80 today. If you go after 5-6pm or so, hardly notice the heat and wait, as it's continously moving line.

BIRDGIRLS
11-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm looking forward to going home to the nice warm weather.. it's been cold and rainy up here..

potterphreak
11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Tuesday, October 28th we went about 2pm and Mr. Potato Head was down and the line dragged and it was nasty hot. Thursday, October 30th we went at 10:20am and the ride was broken and they were turning away people so we rode the Carousel and then went back and the wait was about 10 minutes, much cooler weather AND Mr. Potato Head was working. My whole family is so in love with this new ride!!! This trip, Nemo and Toy Story were new to us and TSMM is the winner-hands down!! Nemo is cute but I can't imagine ever needing to ride it again and again and again like TSMM. We DID luck out with a 7 minute wait for Nemo tho!! God Bless Ya, RideMax!!!

DizMe
11-09-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm one of the few that is not a fan of TSMM. I'd never wait in line again for that ride unless it was less than 10 minutes. Have to agree on the Nemo ride, though--it's cute, but it wasn't anything my kids (or dh and I) just had to see again, and not worth a long wait. It's not nearly as fun as Pirates, which you almost never have to wait long to ride. I guess I'm not that into rides that are basically movie screens, even if you can shoot at them ;)

Hmmm...maybe that's not true. I do love Star Tours and Soarin'!

Tisha
11-09-2008, 10:18 AM
On busier days it usually seems to stay around 30 minutes. It's never too long of a wait, but in my opinion the line is a little miserable. It's so tight and winding, and then there's that indoor portion that is steamy on hot days.

Darkbeer
11-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Stopped by DCA a couple of times today, basically due to the draining of the lagoon.

But the same pattern is still happening, At the start of the day (10 AM) the line is long, and they had to use the secondary queue. But once the first groups leaves, the line gets a LOT shorter.

Today, at 10:45 PM, the wait as over an hour, at 3 PM, it was closer to 30 to 40 minutes.

Save the attraction until LATE in the day, same issue as Finding Nemo, seems like folks are being "smart" by going to the New attraction first, when it is usually the exact oppisitie, go elsewhere first, and save the new stuff until late in the day!

BIRDGIRLS
11-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks, again. My sister went today and told me that the line was on the other side near the lagoon... I'm going on Friday, hopefully getting there around 3:00 or 3:30.. and I'm going with my boyfriend who hasn't gone to Disneyland in almost ten years. So I'm hoping to get him through most of DCA and all the good rides at DL.