PDA

View Full Version : What Will Be Done To Indiana Jones Adventure During Refurbishment?

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfreak
11-26-2002, 08:14 PM
What needs to be refurbished on Indiana Jones Adventure? Post what you think needs to be worked on when the ride goes down for a month and a half refurb next year.

Jeeeeshhhh where to start on this thread. My opinion is that the queve line should be worked on tremendously! They should clean and paint. They should also fix all the special effects, like the spike room. They should add some fog effect when it goes down. Also replace the whole mechanism for the pole. Replace the pole and fix the sensor that trigers the spikes. Also the man hanging in the well should be fixed. He hasnt worked for ages! Also I noticed a huge spit wad on the movie screen, and it wasnt working. The cars should be worked on very carefully. I have noticed that many times the music has not worked properly. I could go on and on. How about you guys finish this up for me.

If you want to see when it is scheduled for refurb go to
www.disneyrefurbs.com

Nigel2
11-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
What needs to be refurbished on Indiana Jones Adventure? Post what you think needs to be worked on when the ride goes down for a month and a half refurb next year.

They should also fix all the special effects, like the spike room. They should add some fog effect when it goes down. Also replace the whole mechanism for the pole. Replace the pole and fix the sensor that trigers the spikes. Also the man hanging in the well should be fixed. He hasnt worked for ages!

Well that is just broken from years of use, but smoke would probably not be too good since the room would constantly be hazy.

I didn't know the excavator in the well was broken, then again I don't go on days they need to use that room.

But odds are they are going to do a lot of repairs to the various systems and possibly some touch ups to various things.

tabacco
11-26-2002, 09:31 PM
The spikes have always worked fine for me, when the pole is actually there.

The Great Dunn
11-26-2002, 10:34 PM
They should bring back the lava that would fall from the ceiling. This effect worked off and on for the first year it was open, then they gave up on it and stopped running the effect.

Another cool thing they could do would be to install the crawling insects that where originaly planned for the troop transports. It's the same effect used in Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and was to simulate bugs crawling on your legs.

Ever noticed the area where the tunnel is dark and the headlights come on and the bugs are seen crawling on the walls? Thats the area were this effect would have happened.

Just some ideas.
:D

Laffite
11-26-2002, 10:49 PM
refubing the line won't do much because most of the time you walk right through it, since the line is now outside because of FP (FP is a love it hate it sort of thing:D ). I think that is so wrong, because the queue line is PART of the line.

umm...so I guess I hope they find a way to seperate FP and standby so that standby goes into the temple for refub

preston

Nigel2
11-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Oh yeah, they need to fix the pool, since it hasn't held water in a while. But they said that the "falling rocks" effect broke since it was exposed to the elements and it got all rusted out.

LIMANDL4EVA
11-27-2002, 12:03 PM
every imagineer i have spoken too has said that the ice machine replacement would involve MAJOR rennovation to the roof, its never going to happen

and the 60 MPH winds in the mummy chamber will most likely never work again cuz the man that designed the fans died shortly after the ride opened, i find it hard to believe however that disney cannot find some more heavy duty fans somewhere

Ghoulish Delight
11-27-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
every imagineer i have spoken too has said that the ice machine replacement would involve MAJOR rennovation to the roof, its never going to happen
It's about as likely as the giant glass panel in the Mansion ballroom, with its one hole, being replace. To fix the dry ice effect, they would have to remove the entire roof just to get at the machinary to remove it, then it they would have to completely re-engineer the thing to prevent it from rusting to pieces again. Major investment that they can't even guarantee will work.

odnamraortsac
11-27-2002, 03:55 PM
Please fix the lighting on the "Rolling Boulder" effect at the end of the ride. It's very inconsistant.

cemeinke
11-27-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
and the 60 MPH winds in the mummy chamber will most likely never work again cuz the man that designed the fans died shortly after the ride opened, i find it hard to believe however that disney cannot find some more heavy duty fans somewhere

So these things run on cold fusion or what? Hello, It's a fan!

I find it hard to believe that it's operation is so complex Disney's Imagineering can't figure it out. More likely is used a lot of electricity and upped the ride costs, so they pulled the plug until imagineering can perfect its perpetual motion machine.

Nigel2
11-27-2002, 11:26 PM
Another thing they should fix, if it's actually off, is the timing on the chamber of destiny. The car is already through the door before anything even lights up on the outside. But it's not vital.

The RX Droid
11-28-2002, 12:10 AM
I think they should re-program the cars move as rough as they did during the ride's first year of operation. They've really toned it down since '95, and I'd like to see it get all nice and jerky again, LOL. The fan in the mummy chamber should definetly be replaced, 60 mph wind in that area should be awesome. Cemeinke, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it shouldn't be too hard to fix a fan. Also, I think they could make Mara's eyes look alot spookier. perhaps some laser projection effects? Also, I wish there was a way to make the track alot less visible. I know it's probably not possible, but a barely visible track would intensify the thrill a hundred times over for me.

Disneyfreak
11-28-2002, 11:25 AM
The problem with the cars being too jerky is that they had lawsuits because it was too jerky. Also the cars had not had major repairs ever! So you might see improved performance in the cars when they reopen. I also agree they should either replace or fix those fans. Also The lava pit should be improved so it looks more like lava instead of water. I also didnt know what you were talking about when the lava was falling from the ceiling. Explain where that originally was.

The Great Dunn
11-28-2002, 12:32 PM
This Lava was seen every time a new jeep transport entered the main show room.(When it worked).

So, your sitting in the transport and you enter the Skull room, the transport simulates driving down the stairs, then the skull fires off its deadly eye beams at the transport, it was around this time that a clump of lava could be seen falling from the ceiling to the lava pit on the stage floor. It would fall right infront of the first hairpin turn, (Its been so long that I can't quite remember the timing on this effect)

Since this effect happened every time a transport entered the main room, it could be seen from different parts of the ride track. It was a cool effect, and I understand that it would be expensive to fix. A good friend of mine use to work as a tech for Indy, and he explained th ice machine problem as well.

It's to bad that Disney can't keep its rides operating in top condition. :crying:

Nigel2
11-28-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by The Great Dunn
This Lava was seen every time a new jeep transport entered the main show room.(When it worked).

So, your sitting in the transport and you enter the Skull room, the transport simulates driving down the stairs, then the skull fires off its deadly eye beams at the transport, it was around this time that a clump of lava could be seen falling from the ceiling to the lava pit on the stage floor. It would fall right infront of the first hairpin turn, (Its been so long that I can't quite remember the timing on this effect)

Since this effect happened every time a transport entered the main room, it could be seen from different parts of the ride track. It was a cool effect, and I understand that it would be expensive to fix. A good friend of mine use to work as a tech for Indy, and he explained th ice machine problem as well.

Oh, that, the crumbling roof effect. Yeah someone was talking about how that worked, it used a tinted water to make it look more rock like, it wasn't lava.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
11-28-2002, 09:14 PM
I would just expect some very minor fixes that we may or may not see. I think it's been stated on these boards before that Indiana was the 'end of an era' for big attractions at Disneyland. I can't see how a refurb would end up adding effects that would increase the operating budget of this attraction at all.

But it's nice to ponder and wish.

Not to get too off topic - Indiana is a fanstastic ride - but who ever though of putting Indiana Jones IN Disneyland? Does it really belong? If Indiana is Disneyland attraction material, then why not James Bond or Evita or any other Hollywood movie....

I always thought that was strange

Nigel2
11-28-2002, 09:30 PM
Because it was already a popular attraction, the stunt show, at Walt Disney World and they probably didn't have much of a well known Disney hero for adventureland in the early 90's.

ldsguy
11-28-2002, 09:48 PM
They should bring back the lava that would fall from the ceiling. This effect worked off and on for the first year it was open, then they gave up on it and stopped running the effect.

Ok, well, apprently the true problem with the Ice Machine is Disney wanted to use a large company for the machine, here's the way it works:

The Ice Flows down, at the bottom there are tubes and such to bring the ice back to the top, where it is mixed back in and compressed into new blocks, 60% being recycled in each block, 40% new, well, there's a slight problem, at the bottom it would get jammed, so maintence had to go out into freezing cold water and unjam it, they eventually refused to do this.

Now here comes the large company problem:
When the challenge was first presented, Cynthia Harris's Brother? Not positive about the relation, who apparently owns a small ice machine business in Anaheim was the first to come up with how to do it, but his company was too small, so they hired a Canadian company to come down and do it, but Disney didn't want to pay for them to come down and fix the machine when it broke, where as the Anahiem company is really close by already.

So, there's why the ice machine will probably never be fixed......oh and by the way, the ice machine was apparently only working 100% for the first month before starting to go bad.

Kuzcotopia
11-28-2002, 11:36 PM
The headlights in the bug room aren't operating consistantly.

I too wish they'd fix the crumbling roof effect.

Oh, and the blowgun spear hallway is better in Tokyo. The warriors aren't merely painted-on, they are carved stone.

The RX Droid
11-29-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo

Not to get too off topic - Indiana is a fanstastic ride - but who ever though of putting Indiana Jones IN Disneyland? Does it really belong? If Indiana is Disneyland attraction material, then why not James Bond or Evita or any other Hollywood movie....

I always thought that was strange
Well, I know what ya mean. However, I think I remember reading that George Lucas (producer of Indiana Jones) loved going to disneyland when he was a kid, even went as far as to take the home video camera and film his trips through rides and such, so naturally, it was a dream come true for him to be apart of building an attraction there. He was apart of Star Tours, Captain EO, Indiana Jones, and Alien Encounter.

A bigger question would be, who ever thought of putting this high budget e-ticked in DISNEYLAN? Aren't all the cool high-budget things supposed to go to florida? [/sarcasm]

Disneyfreak
11-29-2002, 11:00 AM
Walt Disney World did get the more expensive budget for this type of attraction. The dinosaur ride with the jeeps. Im sure that ride cost the same or even more than indiana jones, because of all the work put into the dinosaurs. Much larger animitronics.

Kuzcotopia
11-29-2002, 11:32 AM
There of lots of non-disney things in Disneyland and the other parks. This wasn't the first.

There was Star Tours, of course. But even before that....

The oldest thing I can think of it music from Oklahoma playing as part of the Main Street loop.

Rogers and Hammerstien, in DISNEYLAND!??!

But the theme fits!

Charlie Chaplin movies used to play in the Main Street Cinema.

Any other things like that come to mind?

Disneyfreak
11-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Indiana Jones is not disney, but disney came up with the dinosaur ride at walt disney world so that counts as a disney attraction so it is ok. Its like walt making potc.

Nigel2
11-29-2002, 09:19 PM
The thing I find most interesting is how they changed the name of the ride from Count Down to Extinction to Dinosaur as a movie tie in and only changed a tiny bit of the ride, nice tie in.:) And yes, some people were unhappy with the change.:rolleyes:

Kuzcotopia
11-30-2002, 03:37 PM
What did they change in Dinsosaur?

I rode it when it was called Countdown to Extinction, and it had Allodar in it, though he wasn't mentioned by name. With that and the Carnotaurs, it was designed from the beginning to tie into Dinsosaur.

What's different about it now?