PDA

View Full Version : CastMember??

Castmbrdlx
07-09-2001, 05:12 PM
I was just wondering how many fellow castmembers read this site. So if you are a current DL or DCA castmember speak up! What Dept?

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2001, 05:29 PM
Don't fall for this trick....they want to find out who you are and fire you...jk....i am curious too...

wonderful
07-09-2001, 06:15 PM
I can tell you as a fellow CM that you needn't worry about being the ONLY CM to check into this site... many, many CMs are just plain curious about what is going on and, truthfully, you hear things here many months before we get it in our "Today at a Glance" or reference guides (that is just fact... it's not right, but that's how it goes).
The folks on the site, in general, tell us things we need to know, but do not let any of it get you down about being CM... we work for an awesome corporation and, although flawed, many could stand to work for worse...
Let me just say that the mere fact that you check into sites like this one makes you a good CM... it means you actually give a damn... thank you.:)

Hades
07-09-2001, 09:20 PM
I have already confessed to being a CM, which is easy enough to figure out from my fledgling posts. I must tell you, the lines of communication here are far better than the ones we have at the Resort. As to confessing my location, that goes against my right to privacy. I would be swamped by autograph seekers and people requesting that I sign them into Disneyland and DCA! :D

Honestly, we CM's really do care about what is happening at the resort and how our guests feel about things. We have to work there and it really becomes a challenge to try to keep the "Magic" alive for you all, even as the anti-Walt pulls the magic carpet out from under us! It's the proverbial "rock and the hard place" situation.

So as you go about your day at the Disney Resort and give the CM's a piece of your mind at how bad things are, or how you wish they could have stayed the same as they did in the past, smile to the CM and say, "Thanks for listening". It will make us feel better to know you understand our situation. (Uh, where did this soap box come from?):rolleyes:

jjbell
07-09-2001, 11:12 PM
I just got back from Disneyland and want to let you know that all the CM'S that I ran into did a wonderful job! I can't figure out how you all keep such happy faces with all the people and the same questions all the time, not to mention the heat sometimes. You guys do an amazing job. You all made my trip that much more special. THANK YOU!:)

Castmbrdlx
07-10-2001, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by jjbell
I can't figure out how you all keep such happy faces with all the people and the same questions all the time, not to mention the heat sometimes.

Thanks for appreciating what we try and do day in and day out. I love working for the mouse! Your right, it is difficult to keep a smile face on all the time, but its something I call "Perma Grin" it just happens. :D :) :p

Hades
07-10-2001, 01:27 PM
. You guys do an amazing job. You all made my trip that much more special. THANK YOU!

Why, thank you very much JJbell! That's very kind of you.

*in his best imatation of Ursula* "It's what I do! It's what I liiiive for! :D

mad4mky
07-10-2001, 01:46 PM
I agree that the cm's are wonderful. I have a daughter with Down Syndrome, and we are always treated like we're made of gold when we go to any of the Disney Resorts...
CM's and the characters take the time out to really treat us special. We, really appreciate that. Especially since she is slow at times getting in and out of rides, learning to use money, or even having to wait to have her picture taken...Thanks you guys!