PDA

View Full Version : To Dream the Impossible Dream . . .

Soulcage
11-06-2008, 08:54 AM
First and foremost please excuse me if this post is in the wrong location, off-topic, unappreciated, etc. Im on a quest and hopefully somebody here can point me in the proper direction!

My wonderful girlfriend turns 33 next month and Im on a quest to plan the perfect birthday weekend. Shes a recent convert to the world of Disney-fanatics and we are now both Annual PassHolders!! Id love to commemorate her 33rd birthday with a once in a lifetime visit to Club 33. Ive done my research and Ive come up empty-handed, so Im turning to the experts to ask for guidance.

Is there a way to accomplish this goal within the next month?

Many warm thanks,

Adam

Soulcage
11-26-2008, 01:56 PM
BUMP . . . any suggestions at all?

anniedg
11-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi Adam - unfortunately I have no ideas on getting into Club 33, but you could start looking into alternatives. I know there have been past threads about special things to do. Priority seating at Fantasmic and dinner at Napa Rose at the chefs table are what come to my mind, but it might be worth doing a search of old threads for other ideas.

Good luck!!

Soulcage
11-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Thank you Annie - your response is very much appreciated. We are actually already scheduled for Napa Rose on the actual birthday - it will be our first time there! I'm still holding out hopes that somebody will be able to assist with getting into Club 33 the weekend before!

cstephens
11-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm still holding out hopes that somebody will be able to assist with getting into Club 33 the weekend before!

Trying to put this gently because it could still happen but - I know you'd prefer to go to Club 33, but please understand that a total stranger is unlikely to allow you to use their name to get a reservation since they have no idea how you're going to behave. You could be more polite than Mother Theresa, but they have no way of knowing that, and if someone were to use their name for a reservation and then behaved poorly, it could result in penalties against them or even revocation of their membership. If I were in that position, I would probably not be likely to let someone use my membership unless they were a *really* good friend.

Napa Rose is an amazing place. I think your girlfriend will have a lovely time. If you'd like a peek into the Club 33 lobby, consider booking the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour, which allows that.

adriennek
11-26-2008, 10:18 PM
We have a family friend who has known our family for over 40 years, whose business has a membership. We're huge Disney freaks. We're very well behaved. My husband has a PhD and a very good management level plus job. We have been to the club before, understand the rules, the dress code, how to behave. We are ideal candidates for a Club 33 reservation.

Yeah, family friend can't do it for us. They got burned on another company perk so the co-owners agreed to a set of "rules" for their membership. I called and asked for a reservation for me and my husband who they've known since the day he was born. They've known me for almost 20 years. They apologized and said they couldn't, and we couldn't help but understand their predicament.

So I have to agree with Cindy. It's not just risking that you won't behave - what if you don't show up at all? With all due respect, you just joined our message board, have a total of three posts and they're all here. That's not to say you aren't welcome. We'd be very glad to have you post more throughout the message board. But my point is, you're not just a "stranger" you're a complete and utter stranger because no one on this board has even had a chance to get to know you. The odds are stacked against you a bit. Again, this is not a judgement, it's just "Adrienne K's Moment Playing Captain Obvious." :eek: ;) And that's my expert and experienced advice. :D Search my name and Napa Rose. The food and service are SO much better.

Adrienne