PDA

View Full Version : First cruise was won at Millionare!

Night Tracker
11-26-2002, 12:24 PM
I was at the 5pm show of Millionare on Sunday (11/24), it was the last thing we did before going home, in fact we almost missed our shuttle to the airport because the show took longer than normal. His name I believe was Jay and I forgot where he was from. It was a really good crowd, the place was "sold out" and it really got loud when he won. Anyway the million point question in case anyone wants to know was "who coined the phrase 'The Me Generation' " the answer was Tom Wolfe, he knew it wasn't Andy Worhol, and I don't think he recognised the other two (I didn't have a clue).
Too bad I had to go home because It made me want to try harder to get in the hot seat. Maybe next time.

BTW, he also won along the way the pins, hat, shirt, and jacket.

tod
11-26-2002, 12:45 PM
That's a million point question and I get Britney Spears at 32,000 points?

Sheesh.

--T
who knows it was Tom Wolfe, who even read Wolfe's original essay in New York or Esquire or wherever the h*ll it was...

Laffite
11-26-2002, 02:25 PM
I don't think the questions necessary get "harder". But the pressure of more points and luck makes the higher points questions harder.

I think.

No?

preston

Lani
11-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
I don't think the questions necessary get "harder". But the pressure of more points and luck makes the higher points questions harder.Generally, the higher-category questions do tend to be more difficult, but it's a real pot shot. Like Jeopardy, the game requires that you have strong knowledge in ALL general categories. Many very knowledgeable intellectuals may be able to name the small independent country nestled in the eastern Himalayas, for example, but may not be able to name all members of the Backstreet Boys.

cstephens
11-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
I don't think the questions necessary get "harder". But the pressure of more points and luck makes the higher points questions harder.

I'm thinking that in most cases, the only "hard" questions are the ones that each particular person doesn't know the answers to.

jrad32
11-27-2002, 07:59 AM
Wow, great prize. I bet they are looking forward to getting on board a Disney cruise ship and pucking their guts out from Norwalk Virus.

Laffite
11-27-2002, 05:58 PM
Do they get to go on their own schedule or does Disney say "your cruise is at this date"? And if they get to choose their own schedule is there a limit, like you must go on a cruise within a year?

Nigel2
11-27-2002, 09:34 PM
I think, just guessing here, that your probably only can take a cruise during specific times. Probably offseason only.