PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Inn & Suites?

Sonya in Boise
11-26-2002, 07:13 AM
I'm staying at the Carousel in a standard room in 10 days. It will be me, my sister, my nephew (20 months), and my 3 year old dd. We will have our own strollers, haven't decided on my double or 2 singles.

Is there a certain part of the hotel we should ask for? We will not be using the pool, we only have Saturday in the park (maybe a few hours on Friday and Sunday, but mostly Saturday.

What is the breakfast include? My nephew is a eggs and meat kid so we will be bringing some things for him. Do they have Milk?

What floor is the breakfast room on? I just watched a show about fires in hotels and it was pretty scary. I'm thinking I may want to be on the second floor and close to the stairs.

Do they have an elevator? How is parking? We will have a car, but walk to DL.

Anyother advice is greatly appreciated.
Sonya

Matterhorn Fan
11-26-2002, 08:10 AM
The Carousel Inn has two buildings. On the left is a 5-story (I think) building that looks just about like any every other motel in the area. There are elevators and stairs.

On the right is a smaller building (2 stories) that is accessable only by stairs. (And it's not a long building, so they're pretty close to all the rooms.)

At least as of this past summer, breakfast was being served on top of the larger building in the pool area. I don't remember what they served. You can always buy some milk once you get into town and keep it in the fridge in the room. I imagine this would be slightly more difficult to manage with eggs and meat, buy they are available at the very overpriced Denny's and IHOP that are just a little bit south of the Carrousel Inn, La Brea bakery in DTD, and a number of places inside of Disneyland.

Blanche
11-26-2002, 04:44 PM
If you don't want to lug strollers up a flight of stairs, ask to stay in the main building near an elevator. Breakfast is served on the 5th floor. In the summer it's around the pool. In winter it's in a room that looks out towards the park. I was totally unimpressed with the breakfast and will pass on it if I ever stay there again. It was the typical celophane wrapped sweet rolls, dry muffins, hard little apples and coffee. No milk. I suggest taking your own food, or having a nutritious meal at Denny's or the like. I've never had a problem parking there -- I think they have enough spaces for one car per room. If you arrive on the early side you will get a space to park without a problem. The walk to Disneyland is very easy. Have a great time!

Sonya in Boise
11-26-2002, 05:33 PM
Thanks Matterhorn and Blanche.

I think we will skip the breakfast and just pack a cooler for the weekend. My sister says she can make her son eggs in the microwave (yuck) and get him some microwave sausage. My girls eats oatmeal so I think that will do. Maybe some Costco muffins to get us going.

I'm thinking we will ask for the 2nd floor near the stairs or elevator and just take our umbrella strollers, unless I can find a double umbrella at a second hand store.

We were just at the Desert Inn and Suites in Oct, and the walk can't be beat. The Desert Inn had milk and it was a life saver, so I guess I will pack some.

10 days to go.
Sonya