PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating [Fantasmic Riverside Seating]

Pages : [1] 2

Rockchalker
11-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Feel free to merge this into another thread...

How fast do Priority Seating reservations go? We want PS for Fastasmic on December 5, either show. The tickets go on sale at 9am my time when I will be in a sales meeting. Would it be better to explain to my mother how to order the tickets or do you think I have a window of 30 minutes?

Malcon10t
11-03-2008, 03:42 PM
You should be ok. Since they did away with balcony, they still sell out, but not as fast.

Rockchalker
11-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks!!!

DrinkupMeAttage
11-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Rockchalk, you might be better off picking a spot on the river than paying the money for the pathetic priority seating now available. The spot to view isn't exactly prime, you get a "snack box" which isn't anything close to the desert buffet. Without the balcony it's pretty much pointless. I have great memories of sitting with my family, watching the sun set over ROA with snacks (- a mickey pretzel is tastier and less expensive than the snack box provided) of our own choosing. I have tried the priority deating (balcony was full) and the sevrice, "snacks," and view weren't really worth it. Grab a blanket, make some memories and enjoy a bit of family time as the anticipation builds- or just pay the money for the sub-par experience (IMO), your choice. Hope your family has a great trip!

Malcon10t
11-05-2008, 04:58 PM
or just pay the money for the sub-par experience (IMO), your choice. Hope your family has a great trip!I've done both seatings, we have always preferred Riverside to balcony, mainly due to the claustrophobic feeling in the balcony. We have always been treated like royalty in the riverside area. It has always been well worth the money. We do it at least once a trip. Its our splurge.

MammaSilva
11-05-2008, 05:18 PM
This is me agreeing with Malcon10t. While I did love the balcony and only experienced riverside this past summer, I can endorse her opinion that the riverside experience was wonderful. The treat box isn't the buffet but truthfully the last few years the buffett wasn't all that either, they kept adding chairs to the balcony and it diminished the experince to the point we stopped bothering. I wanted to do something extra for two near and dear to me so we did the riverside and it was worth every cent. I was careful to be first to check in so we got the choice of our seats and our server was perfect, attentive without being intrusive and we were invited to stay thru the fireworks. As we left our server offered us one last beverage 'for the road'. I can appreciate those folks willing to camp out for hours for the show and won't say that it's not a great experience, but if you have toddlers or folks that don't do 'wait' well or someone with mobility issues that sitting on the rocks for that long would be uncomfortable or painful then riverside seating is the option you want.

Rockchalker
11-05-2008, 06:25 PM
We (DH, DD, me, and then 12 month old DS) did the riverside last December and really enjoyed it. They were great and very accomodating with the sleeping son and the stroller. Last year the treats lasted us for several days.

I love Fantasmic (I nearly cry every time I see Steamboat Willie at the helm of the Mark Twain) but I hate hate hate crowds where people are nearly on your lap! So for me the PS is important. Also, we are coming from Colorado and really don't want to waste precious DL time saving seats!

My mother called this morning (after I carefully explained how to do it) and got us tickets for the 12/5 9pm show! She was as excited as I was after I explained the extra goodies of getting PS.

MammaSilva
11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
A thing to remember, having tickets is only half the battle, the trick is to be very early in the check in line. We had dinner at the French Market and watched like vultures for them to start putting up the ropes, I was over in the area when they brought the podium out and I parked right in front of it and waited about an hour for them to start checking people in at 8. The rest of our party went and rode pirates and the train while I chatted with other lovely folks waiting to check in. You pick up your tickets earlier in the day and only one person has to wait to check your group in and select your seats.

Too Far From DL
11-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't post very often but have to say that the priority seating is well worth the cost! I took 4 teen girls and my wife last summer and we splurged and got the seating. By the time the show was over I had 5 teary eyed ladies with me. The snack boxes were fantastic (well the little I got of mine was great)! The cast member that helped us made it a very special night for all of us. I wish I could remember her name because she was great. You won't regret going!

Malcon10t
11-05-2008, 08:35 PM
The desserts are pretty good. My daughter loves the strawberry filled shortcake cookies you get in the box of goodies. You can't find them anywhere in the park. We can't finish our boxes either. The creme brulee is good too!!!!

I usually start with hot chocolate, have a second one with water, then take a sprite to go.

MoKat72
11-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Is there something chocolatey in the box, too? My husband and I are going for my birthday at the end of this month and I made our PS reservation the first day I was able (at about 10AM).

I remember reading that the box is big enough for two people to split. True? Since Fantasmic is the first night of our trip, I'd kind of like us to share one box and bring the other back to the hotel (GCH...we're on a splurge this year!) to snack on during the week.

MammaSilva
11-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't know if the contents change by season, but in August we had chocolate dipped strawberries, chocolate dipped macaroons and a chocolate truffle, cheese and crackers, grapes, creme brule, a tart, the strawberry shortbread cookie and I'm not sure what else. There were 5 of us and we ended up taking 3 full boxes back to the hotel.

Malcon10t
11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
The chocolate covered strawberries are THE BEST! They are usually HUGE! I love the chocolate dipped macaroons also!

Rockchalker
11-06-2008, 03:54 PM
A thing to remember, having tickets is only half the battle, the trick is to be very early in the check in line. We had dinner at the French Market and watched like vultures for them to start putting up the ropes, I was over in the area when they brought the podium out and I parked right in front of it and waited about an hour for them to start checking people in at 8. The rest of our party went and rode pirates and the train while I chatted with other lovely folks waiting to check in. You pick up your tickets earlier in the day and only one person has to wait to check your group in and select your seats.

Great suggestion! That is why I am glad to have my mother with me so that she can take the DD on a ride why I wait in line or vice versa. Last year we did not understand this system and we ended up getting seats in the second row and further to the left of the stage. :( Especially because we were just browsing the Pirate store after dinner at the Blue Bayou, so I could have kicked myself!

I will make sure we are in the area around 7ish.

Again great suggestion!

Thank you!

Smorri
11-07-2008, 06:19 AM
How much does this cost and where do you buy the tickets?

Smorri

kmv1109
11-07-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm also interested in cost and the process of getting the tickets. We had always wanted to try out the balcony and never did.

LLevy
11-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I have to agree that I liked the "feel" of the riverside better. Your closer to the action. You can feel the heat and the water.. Just more "you are there" .

so- how odes it work these days?

I call and make reservations. Do I then have to go to customer service or something on the day of the reservations? then show up at the podium early? then stay in line? or can I wander off till they actually start seating?

thanks

LL

Malcon10t
11-07-2008, 12:59 PM
You call 30 days out (714-781-4400) and reserve your tickets. They are $59, $49 for 9 and under. Your card is charged immediately, there are no refunds (except if the show doesn't go off...) When you get to Disneyland, you can pick up your tickets at Guest Services (I do it the day before.) Day of, you line up at the podium, pick your seats, then go enjoy the rides until 30 mins before the show, then come back to be seated.

Koala Gurl
11-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Oooh, I can't wait to do this! I just booked tickets for my little ones and I to go enjoy! I was shocked there were 7:30 showings of Fantasmic, so I had to jump on the opportunity (kiddies are 3 and 2, so the usually can't stay up until 9 or later for the show). Since it is just the 3 of us, I would gladly pay to have someone "save me a seat."

gatorfreud
11-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Where is the check in podium? If F! is at 9pm, what time do I need to hit the podium to get front row seats?

Kim

MammaSilva
11-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Where is the check in podium? If F! is at 9pm, what time do I need to hit the podium to get front row seats?

Kim

The check in podium will be just beyond the outdoor vending cart that is at the corner of the walkway path near the Haunted Mansion, you'll actually be able to see them setting up the chairs to figure it out. Both shows have the same check in time, the CM at guest services will tell you check in starts at 8:00, I'm old school when it comes to checking in for things like this so my group had dinner at the French Market just a little past 6:00 and we sat and enjoyed our food and the music but with an eye on the set up crew, at about 6:40/6:45 I went over to where I knew the podium would be when they brought it out and just stayed close. When I saw them come out with the podium I scurried to get in line and managed to be first without being rude to any other guests. There are 3 rows of chairs along the seating area so getting front row isn't as difficult as it might sound but we had an odd number in our group so I knew we'd be more of a challenge and I wanted to make SURE we had front row due to a special circumstance in our group. The CM was very professional and polite and told all of us that check in wouldn't start until 8:00 pm but we were all just happy to hang out and chat amongst ourselves as we waited. The weather was perfect and the other guests were just as excited/happy to be there as we were. The rest of my group went on Pirates then round the park on the train ...by the time they finished those two activities I had checked us in and we all went on HM then it was time to be seated for the 9PM show.

gatorfreud
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
So only one person can wait to check in? Do they assign you a seat then or something, or do you go in and save seats? What time does the whole party have to be back?

Thanks!
Kim :)

MammaSilva
11-10-2008, 09:51 AM
you pick up the tickets in advance, usually the day of although some have said they picked theirs up the day before. One person waits at check in with all the tickets for your party. When it's your turn, you pick your seats, the CM marks the tickets with the seats you choose and they mark off the seating chart that the seats have been spoken for. You can go sit down right away if you want but you can wait up til just before show time and still get the seats you selected. We went in about 15 minutes prior so we could get our treat boxes and drinks and get 'settled' before the lights dim.

gatorfreud
11-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow that will totally be worth the money with 2 little boys who can't sit still. Thank you for the advice!! :)

Kim

missm
11-11-2008, 06:52 PM
How is the view from the second and third row?