PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Questions

PAOil
11-25-2002, 06:54 PM
We have Deluxe annual passes that say they are "valid thru 2/3/03". We are flying into Anaheim for a week on 1/30/03. Am I correct that we can use the pass for the day of 2/3/03? For the days after 2/3 we're not sure if we're going to buy 3 day passes or renew the annual passes. If we elect to renew the annual passes is there a renewal discount? Thanks for the help.

Darkbeer
11-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Valid THRU means including that date, so yes, the passes will be good on 2/3/03.

As for an AP discount, you get $20 off a Deluxe or Premium if you renew by the expiration date, so you would need to renew on or before 2/3/03. The price would be $145, instead of the regular $165. The current price of a three-day PH is $114.

Bruce Bergman
11-25-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Valid THRU means including that date, so yes, the passes will be good on 2/3/03.

As for an AP discount, you get $20 off a Deluxe or Premium if you renew by the expiration date, so you would need to renew on or before 2/3/03. The price would be $145, instead of the regular $165. The current price of a three-day PH is $114.

PAOil: If you can get back again within a year to enjoy the park again, renewing your Annual Passes makes much more sense than buying 3-day passes. But if you can't see getting back out here for quite a while... :crying:

Remember, buying airline tickets for a quickie vacation is SO much cheaper if you book more than 30 days out and stay over a Saturday night... ;) And you just need a clean and safe hotel room, so you can go for the inexpensive places - you aren't going to spend too much time awake there except for showering, so fancy decor is a waste. Same thing with cars, a two or three year old car drives just the same, go to Rent-A-Wreck (http://www.rentawreck.com) instead of Hertz (http://www.hertz.com)...

Of course, I just need to make sure I have at least a half-tank of gas in the car, my camera and/or MiniDisc recorder, munchies and something to drink in the ice chest for the drive back, and GO! :D Sixty-odd miles each way, depending on which freeway - and with the drivers around here, some days they truly are odd miles. :eek:

--<< Bruce >>--

Darkbeer
11-25-2002, 09:44 PM
Here is the solution, and it is also the CHEAPEST way to go...

Buy SoCal AP's!!!!

First off, there is NO requirement that you live in Southern California, they sell them to anyone, there have been people on these boards from Canada who have bought them, and plenty of users from Northern California, Arizona, Nevada, etc... who has also bought them.

They are only $105.

The next blackout day after 2/3 is February 8th, so that should be after you leave.

So what do you get, first a ticket CHEAPER than a 3-day PH, and the right to upgrade if you need to. Say things happen, and you find out that you will return sometime this summer (when the SoCal AP is blacked out ). All you need to do is go to Guest Relations and upgrade the SoCal AP to either a DAP ($60 based on current prices) or PAP ($120).

So, if you don't get to come back before 2/4/04, no biggie, you actually saved $9 a person!

If you come back, you can still buy a Deluxe AP, just by paying the upgrade price!

The best of both worlds!!!

Great idea, eh? :D

roberts1398
12-05-2002, 01:56 PM
And by the way ... as of 1/8/03 (+/-), 5 day for the price of 3 park hoppers go up to $119 for adults and $95 for kids. AND ... you can't buy them at the gates; only online, over the phone, or at a Disney Store...

And I absolutely agree with Darkbeer. SoCal's are the way to go for you guys. If you have any PAP's in your group, be sure to do your souvenir shopping before they expire, as you get the 10% discount with them in the stores that you won't get with the SoCal AP...

ldsguy
12-05-2002, 05:03 PM
If you do So. Cal. APs, remember they don't have the renewal discounts, where as Deluxe and Premium passes have (last I heard) a $20 renewal discounts, if you renew it before it expires or on the last day it is valid is fine, i.e. 2/3.