PDA

View Full Version : Trams being monitored today [11/1/08]--any ideas?

MKY4ME
11-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Motomickey and I were at the park today and there were manager-types standing at each tram with clipboards making notes, talking to drivers, etc, Curious if something had happened?

ChurroGirl
11-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I have heard of lots of drivers going to fast and having near accidents. There was a thread about it a while back.

Could be evaluating the trams and drivers to see if they can make it more safe for guests?

MKY4ME
11-01-2008, 04:04 PM
just wondered if anyone knew anything for sure? the tram was handled very professionally so hopefully they are getting the drivers "up to speed" so to speak!

houseofmouse
11-01-2008, 04:13 PM
That is what I would say too, drivers going too fast or not paying attention. Also, I have seen people getting on the tram after they say no more boarding and the CM's just stand there and let it happen anyway. Maybe they have had enough complaints it needs to be investigated. We used the tram once when we were there almost 2 weeks ago and did not have any trouble though.

pirate 33
11-02-2008, 12:45 AM
I've seen them in past years doing the same audits and observations for safety, I believe thats all your saw as the tram ride tonight to was normal, while the return was just slow with the guy on the back giving out way to much info

PanFan
11-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Like pirate 33 said, it's probably just an audit. We get them all the time in attractions and the way you described it is exactly what happens for us. They may or may not have been occasioned by any incidents. Sometimes they're scheduled, other times they're out of the blue.

Carina
11-02-2008, 12:30 PM
How effective can they be when the people being audited can see the audit taking place?

MammaSilva
11-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Is it possible they were more looking at the guest issues vs the actual driver issues? Somethings you have to be able to go see firsthand rather than rely on numbers. They have a number that each tram will hold but it doesn't factor in the variables like folks who need more room than the average guests
or folks who crowd 7 people in a 5 seat row...there could be a lot of issues they were looking at that had nothing to do with the actual CM's doing their jobs.

AaronInCal
11-02-2008, 02:38 PM
They may very well do undercover "audits." Just like at attractions, they have "mystery guests" who are basically undercover people who go through the attraction like a guest and note if the queue is clean and how the CMs working the attraction perform with everyone. I could see them doing this same thing with the parking structure and trams.

Jon
02-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone else noticed how crazy slow they've gotten now? I wonder if this was the reason.

I can actually make better time by walking to my car.

Tinkermommy
02-10-2009, 07:31 AM
I have noticed -- in fact, I heard people commenting on it over the weekend. However, methinks it's a good and necessary thing. Friday, we noticed (couldn't help it -- LOL) there were EIGHT people squeezed into the row directly in front of us. On one end was an adult male; on the other end was a child. :eek: I was so ready to grab him if necessary. Some were kids, some were adults, but the row was clearly overloaded and the end kid was, in my opinion, vulnerable. From their conversation, it sounded like they visit the parks all the time (which to me would indicate they should know better).

Ideally, a CM should have redistributed them, but that didn't happen. I was glad the tram went so slowly!

kylephoto760
02-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone else noticed how crazy slow they've gotten now? I wonder if this was the reason.

I can actually make better time by walking to my car.

Yeah, that's been my general topic of conversation while on the tram during the past couple months. They're exceptionally slow now while they're within the gates at DTD. I almost wonder if they've been adjusted so they can't go any faster.

Scurvy Pirate
02-13-2009, 10:31 PM
It's policy now. 5MPH in loading/unloading zones.