PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Boy

mkyears
11-25-2002, 12:33 PM
Awesome I finally got to see Maynard yesterday as tiki boy that guy is funny .

refurbmike
11-25-2002, 12:36 PM
I saw him yesterday as Tiki Boy too!

He ran into the middle of the room during "Let's All Sing like the Birdies Sing," and was directing the audience. It was hillarious!

Laffite
11-25-2002, 01:15 PM
I wonder if he ever gets bored

preston

Crazytigger
11-26-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Laffite
I wonder if he ever gets bored

I dont think so. He loves his job

Laffite
11-26-2002, 10:31 AM
yea, but he's not working 24/7. Wonders if he ever gets bored when he's --not-- at work

preston

RStar
11-26-2002, 01:40 PM
yea, but he's not working 24/7. Wonders if he ever gets bored when he's --not-- at work

preston

That's funny!:D

I doubt it, though.

Ghoulish Delight
11-26-2002, 01:49 PM
My aunt has a saying. "Only boring people get bored."

Laffite
11-26-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
My aunt has a saying. "Only boring people get bored."

I have a link for you! (http://www.expage.com/page/ndpbored)

preston

gn2dlnd
11-26-2002, 06:45 PM
I have a link for you! (http://www.expage.com/page/ndpbored)

preston

Well, for a minute I wasn't bored while I closed all those pop-up windows.

Laffite
11-26-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by gn2dlnd
Well, for a minute I wasn't bored while I closed all those pop-up windows.

I got 1 pop up when I close the window.

DJ_MENTOS
11-26-2002, 11:11 PM
I finally met Maynard today!!!
First he was Tiki Boy, and it was hillarious. A couple of people didn't get it, but we were rolling. I asked him if Tiki Boy would visit the Jungle. He said maybe after 8. So later on, we were in line for the Jungle Cruise and he was walking around. I was able to stop him and ask him if he would be a skipper. He said to wait a few mins. So we let a bunch of people go in front of us, and he was able to take another guy's boat, FOR US!!! It was so cool. He did a great job, but apologized after because he didn't have a spotlight... oh well, we'll catch it next time.

But if you can see him do JC, you're in for a treat!!!

-DJ_MENTOS

MammaSilva
11-27-2002, 06:05 AM
I know this has probably been asked plenty of times before so forgive me in advance, but does anyone know how to check and see if Maynard is scheduled to work on a day you are at the park? I am talking about walking in and checking with either toon finder CM's or City Hall? I'm taking a friends daughter the end of December and I'd really love to be able to have her see the most famous CM in action... thanks!

The Great Dunn
11-27-2002, 12:20 PM
My experience would be with Maynard's evil twin in the Mansion. You never know where he will pop up next.

Laffite
11-27-2002, 04:57 PM
I don't think Cityhall will tell you where a particular CM is at, and I think there's a rumor that he signs in with a different name anyway so people can't track him down

preston

Bruce Bergman
11-27-2002, 08:38 PM
I'll bet there's a policy about not telling, probably because there are always a few people in this world who can develop a "Unhealthy Obsession" with a public person... :rolleyes:

Doesn't keep me from asking - because they might relent if they realize that there are mostly normal folks asking.

It's more effective to cultivate a bunch of observant CM Friends, so you can ask "Which way did Maynard go, and what was he wearing at the time?" :cool:

--<< Bruce >>--

..." I must find them, I am their leader!" :p

ryguy
11-27-2002, 09:17 PM
Is this the same maynard that works in the honey i shrunk the audience, because if it is this guy is the funniest thing ive seen in that park in a long time

Laffite
11-27-2002, 09:50 PM
We (my group) asked a HM CM at the gate if Maynard is on the rotation before we go in. He kindda rolled his eyes and smiled and said "maybe they should make a Maynard map".

Me thinks somebody is jealous :eek:

preston

The Great Dunn
11-27-2002, 11:39 PM
Does anybody out there know how many different attractions he works at? I think he has a web page dedicated to him.

ryguy
11-28-2002, 12:18 AM
actually both my sister and I were laughing our buts off, gotta dig those squishy chairs

Not Afraid
11-28-2002, 08:08 AM
These are the attractions where I've seen Maynard:

Lincoln
Main St. parade route
Fantasyland parade route
Tiki Room
Jungle Cruise
Mansion
HISTA
Astro Orbitor

Some I frequent, some I do not, but, if I see him, I make it a point of riding that ride.

nursemelis374
11-28-2002, 10:51 AM
I was there on Tuesday the 26th and my family from TX got to see Maynard. He was of course hillarious! He was dancing all around and took a picture with all of us! He even came over to us and gave us all napkins and made us wear them saying that they were tiki caps to protect us from the rain! Even my dad was cracking up. He never disappoints!