PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to the holiday overlays in Big Thunder Ranch?

houseofmouse
10-31-2008, 07:01 AM
So I am wondering with all the new "What Will You Celebrate" for 2009 and the what looks like a yummy BBQ going back into Big Thunder Ranch, what will happen during Halloween and Christmas. Will the overlays and all the fun activities disappear? Anyone know?

River Belle
10-31-2008, 08:42 AM
I don't know, but I hope we won't lose the overlays. The ranch has always been a great place for us to take a "themed break" during the holidays. We love the Halloween and Christmas activities they offer!

shan7805
10-31-2008, 08:46 AM
I agree!! I would be very sad to see the holiday overlays go. At Halloween we love seeing all the character pumpkins, and where would we meet Santa at Christmastime??

racccoon
10-31-2008, 11:56 AM
So I am wondering with all the new "What Will You Celebrate" for 2009 and the what looks like a yummy BBQ going back into Big Thunder Ranch, what will happen during Halloween and Christmas. Will the overlays and all the fun activities disappear? Anyone know?
I am sure they will keep the holiday and holloween decorations. Like this year, the million dream decoration all went away for holloween and it will for christmas as well.

Mark Mywords
10-31-2008, 12:17 PM
We did speak with a CM a couple of weeks ago who said that the overlays would go away for duration of the promotion.

houseofmouse
10-31-2008, 01:20 PM
We did speak with a CM a couple of weeks ago who said that the overlays would go away for duration of the promotion.

If that is true, it will be sad. I have a friend that will be very sad. A lot of kids will be bummed too. I wonder where Santa will go next year?? Any other info anyone has, please feel free to add.

Darkbeer
10-31-2008, 03:44 PM
The Petting Zoo half of the area will remain, just the stage area and the picnic benches will be used for the "What will you Celebrate?" events.

So Santa can still use the cottage, and you could move some of the ODV carts out onto the Big Thunder Trail, such as the merchandise and Cookie decorating (Would need some tables and benches along the pathway).

But it is doable.

olegc
10-31-2008, 10:01 PM
santa should be back in his rightful place - the big chair at Town Square..

wabby1
11-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I read somewhere that Big Thunder BBQ is re-opening....does anyone know the details?

stan4d_steph
11-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I read somewhere that Big Thunder BBQ is re-opening....does anyone know the details?Yes, Big Thunder Ranch will become part of Celebration Dining. You can see information in a MousePlanet article from last week (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm081031av).