PDA

View Full Version : Screamin' Tip

Napsto
04-26-2001, 12:14 PM
This is a tip for everybody the next time you go to DCA, ride the ride in the front row. There is no other way to ride this attraction because the front row is just awesome! i can't explain it!:D

dgthx
04-26-2001, 12:22 PM
I totally agree with you Napsto, the front rules, especially at night. There is only a small difference in speed from the front to the back and the experience of nothing in front of you when you do the big drops and the loop makes it well worth waiting for the first row.

One thing to consider though, especially at night when it's cold, when I sit in the front row, my eyes water because they get dried out. I don't think I was crying because it was such a good ride. The first time I thought it was sprinkling, but I soon realized it was me.

RideMax Mark
04-26-2001, 12:29 PM
I agree the front row is great!

One drawback though: The last time I rode in front, when I finished the ride there was a little green bug splattered on my eyeglasses!

Mark
---
www.funplans.com

karl
04-26-2001, 01:22 PM
Its really fun to ride in the front during a rainstorm.

-- Karl

Lani
04-26-2001, 01:37 PM
Okay, call me a wimp. I don't really care for pulling G's, especially along that first stretch at the start of Screamin'. Leaving my tummy back at the launching area makes me feel... queasy.

I don't think it would be so bad if it weren't for that fast launch. Brrrr. I suppose I should just get used to it. Is it any better in the front row for chickens like me? :D

Gregmh48
04-26-2001, 05:39 PM
Please don't ride in the front, it makes me wait longer to sit there :p Just kidding! Never ride Screamin' when it is raining! I went and sat in the front row during a rain and that launch just blasts it all in your eyes! I couldn't open my eyes the whole ride, they were in too much pain. Imagine thousands of little needles flying in your face and you've been on Screamin' in the rain.

Napsto
07-19-2001, 05:18 PM
i can't believe they run it in the rain.

Ralph Wiggum
07-19-2001, 05:44 PM
I agree the front is great but i prefer the back. When your in the front you are halfway down the hill before you start gaining speed. Also, I love the boost of speed coming out of the loop...its soooo fun..

CTB21
07-19-2001, 05:53 PM
I would love to ride CA Screaming but the last three times I have been to DCA it was broke.
The real funny part about it is we watched them test this ride four six months, now they can't get it to work now that the place is open.

Napsto
07-19-2001, 06:15 PM
that is true. i remember going to dland in sept-feb and they always had everything running but now it is having troubles. intresting

DisneylandKid
07-19-2001, 09:31 PM
I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to riding Screamin'. I love Big Thunder and Matterhorn. I don't really care for Space Mountain, though. Can you compare Sreamin' to Disneyland's three (four if you count Gadget's Go Coaster............................) coasters?

Gregmh48
07-19-2001, 09:50 PM
I find that Screamin' is tamer than Space Mountain but wilder that Thunder, Matterhorn, and Splash.

CaliforniaCrazy
07-20-2001, 12:09 AM
I love all the fast rides at Disneyland, but when it comes to California Screamin', I just won't go on it. I have no idea why, I guess it's because I don't like rides that go upside down. I know, I'm a little chicken, but I love Mulholland Madness, so I guess I'm not that bad as some people who won't even go on any fast rides at all.

Gregmh48
07-20-2001, 09:10 AM
You should try Screamin'. My friends had to force me on it because I was afraid of inversions, but afterwards it became one of my favorite rides. I though that while upside-down you would feel like you are falling out of your seat but you actually feel pinned back into your seat due to the force that you are travelling. IMO Mullholland Madness is much worse than Screamin'.

mousecat
07-20-2001, 11:23 AM
The back. Row 11. Left seat (don't get splash on with the wave machine). Smooth smooth smooth. The best way to ride this attraction. Head doesn't bump into the headrest, fast, and smooth.

Gregmh48
07-20-2001, 12:50 PM
If the line for row one is too long I always ride in row eleven.

Napsto
07-22-2001, 02:47 AM
y not 12?

mousecat
07-22-2001, 08:29 AM
"Why not 12"?

Simple. In row 11 you get all of the benefits of being in the back plus the added bonus of having a short little wall (that is, not the high backed seat) in front of you. You get a great view and ride.

Napsto
07-22-2001, 09:32 AM
cool!

Gregmh48
07-22-2001, 11:39 AM
Exactly. The back car will travel at the same speed weather you're in row 11 or 12 and row 12 has the back of the seat blocking your view. I always try to get and odd numbered row.