PDA

View Full Version : How do people get high points on Toy Story Mania?

Utahsogreatone
10-30-2008, 05:28 AM
What are the secrets to Toy story? How do you get double points?
At the end of the ride and I see that the high scores are always over 300k, i wonder how they do that because that is double my score.
Thanks!

houseofmouse
10-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Practice, practice, practice. :)

No really I have no clue other than when you hit some targets like the bats in the mine, they come down again with bigger scores. It is better sometimes to play with someone you know to knock down some bigger scoring targets. I could see that helping. My highest score so far is 170,900. :)

FolsomFan
10-30-2008, 10:34 AM
I was wondering if it was the same kind of strategy as the Buzz ride where you shoot for the triangles and diamonds.

We are going next month and this ride is what I am looking forward to the most!

Cathy at the Park
10-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I have not played Toy Story very often (maybe ten times), so I am certainly not an expert. But this what I have found.

In the first game, if you are in the seat that is closer to the hen house , in the lower outer corner , it is easier to rack up higher points simply because it is easier, though less exciting, to work the house than the barn, which is what the other seat gets.

In the second game, I have heard, that if you coordinate with you seat mate, and hit the five balloons at approximately the same time, the balloons that then fall all over the screen are of a higher point value. I have yet to get this to work for me.:)

On the plate shooting game, if you team up with you partner to both hit the flying 2000 plate that appears in the first few seconds, you will both get more of these high value plates.

In the tosser ring game you need to hit the eight aliens in the forefront of the screen. Work together to hit them all before they re-pop. This unlocks a box that opens and closes and will go higher and higher in value as you throw rings into it.

In the spinning targets game, it will increase your score if you hit each target once, rather than waiting for them to re-emerge, and hitting the same targets again.

I am not sure how much this makes sense without being there, and again, I am sure there are many people that know some real tricks, but these are a few tips that I have tried.

Cathy

Boo's Mommy
10-30-2008, 11:45 AM
This is our new family favorite ride, especially for dh! I personally still like Buzz Lightyear, but that's only because I know which targets to aim for and consistently kick dh's butt! DH has reached over 200K on this ride though and I tried to get his "secret" out from dd (who always rides with him) and she said the "secret" was to keep pulling fast!

AVP
10-30-2008, 03:21 PM
In the second game, I have heard, that if you coordinate with you seat mate, and hit the five balloons at approximately the same time, the balloons that then fall all over the screen are of a higher point value. I have yet to get this to work for me.:)You don't even need to work with your ride partner - I can do this all alone easily. Pop 4 of the blue balloons, pop 4 of the yellow balloons, then pop the remaining blue and the remaining yellow balloon in rapid sucession. This releases a shower of 2,000 point rainbow balloons.

On the plate shooting game, if you team up with you partner to both hit the flying 2000 plate that appears in the first few seconds, you will both get more of these high value plates.You can also do this alone - when the plates fly, hit one on the way up, then the other as it falls. I've never done this, but my friend has.

In the tosser ring game you need to hit the eight aliens in the forefront of the screen. Work together to hit them all before they re-pop. This unlocks a box that opens and closes and will go higher and higher in value as you throw rings into it.I can trigger this one alone too, and it's best to do it as soon as possible so you can reach the 2,000 point bonus level.

In the spinning targets game, it will increase your score if you hit each target once, rather than waiting for them to re-emerge, and hitting the same targets again. This is the one I've never been able to trigger, but supposedly if you hit every single target once - and only once - the entire screen clears and reveals another set of targets.

AVP

Cathy at the Park
10-30-2008, 05:11 PM
WOW!

AVP, I would not want to complete against you in a fast draw contest.

Yippee-ki-o-ki-a!!

Cathy

disneyperson
10-30-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm not great at it , but I love the ride. It's addictive.

TTFN92
10-30-2008, 05:56 PM
I think I'm going to have to print this up and take it with us next month. I will never remember what to do but can't wait to try :D.

bobbak
11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
the balloons, the plates, and the aliens have given me the best scores. i cant do well on the other stages for some reason, and my girlfriend and i always do the tricks. but still my high is 246k and i think her's is like 180k.

PrincessMomma
11-08-2008, 02:39 PM
You don't even need to work with your ride partner - I can do this all alone easily. Pop 4 of the blue balloons, pop 4 of the yellow balloons, then pop the remaining blue and the remaining yellow balloon in rapid sucession. This releases a shower of 2,000 point rainbow balloons.

AVP

We just rode this for the first time last night. Which balloons do you mean? It seemed like there were so many balloons that I had no idea where to start!

AVP
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
We just rode this for the first time last night. Which balloons do you mean? It seemed like there were so many balloons that I had no idea where to start!Oh, sorry - I was replying to someone who already knew the game, so I wasn't more specific. In the game there are two clouds at the upper corners of the screen. One cloud has 5 blue balloons, the other has 5 yellow balloons. If you pop all of the balloons in one cloud, it triggers a shower of like-colored bonus balloons that are worth 500 points each. The blue balloons are a "rain" shower, the yellow balloons are a "sun" shower.

If you pop the 5th balloon in each cloud within a few seconds of one another, instead of the rain and sun balloons, you get a shower of 2,000 point "rainbow" balloons.

AVP

jimsocks
11-09-2008, 04:21 AM
Sorry for the obviously lame question - these points aren't convertible into anything tangible are they? (Like when you win tix at Chuck E Cheese and can convert into little doo-dads...)

pixar
11-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Sorry for the obviously lame question - these points aren't convertible into anything tangible are they? (Like when you win tix at Chuck E Cheese and can convert into little doo-dads...)

Nope you don't get anything. It is a lot of fun though.

I was there last night, and the sign showed 30 minutes. It was more like 25 minutes including the ride itself. I'll be there again today, hopefully with a higher score. :)

PrincessMomma
11-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks AVP. I'll have to give this a whirl tomorrow...

jenniebean
11-10-2008, 03:15 AM

Only if you make bets with your friends &/or family you're playing with ;)

& thanks, AVP-- who knew there'd be like, cheat code type strategies for an attraction? It's awesome!