PDA

View Full Version : personalized t-shirts, ears and pins

cstephens
10-28-2008, 10:44 PM
The Disneyland Resort has more ways where you can obtain personalized souvenirs.

Most people probably already know about the "Build-Your-Ears" station at the Gag Factory in Toontown where you can choose a base, ear designs and other decorations to make whatever kind of expensive specialized ears that you want.

They also recently launched a program where you can personalize particular pins with your name. That is, of course, provided you're one of the people for whom they created personalized name merchandise. I, with my *very* common first name, could not get one even if I wanted to since they didn't see fit to include my name on the list of choices. Go here for more information on the personalized pins. (http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/event?id=39320)

Then, starting November 14, they're going to start offering personalized t-shirts for special occasions like birthdays and weddings and such. I wonder if this is part of the new "what will you celebrate" promotion? I really like the Jedi Mickey one that they have available for kids - I expect they'll sell quite a few of those.

For more information about the personalization program and pictures of the t-shirts, go here (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlr_personalization_program.html).

Drince88
10-29-2008, 04:56 AM
I, with my *very* common first name, could not get one even if I wanted to since they didn't see fit to include my name on the list of choices.

They don't have my name either! Our names must be too old fashioned!

Sarah B in SD
10-29-2008, 05:07 AM
I got my pin on Saturday, I always had a hard time finding my name growing up, Sarah in the 70's, sooooo popular, we are a generation of Jenny's and Sarah's!
But they did have mine on Saturday, they also had generic ones you could add, Happy B-day, #1 Mom etc. They are thin and magnetic, but I am a pin nerd, so I am a sucker for something new.

underthesea1987
10-29-2008, 07:33 AM
figures......
they have eriCa

but no eriKa

Story of my life!

AVP
10-29-2008, 08:22 AM
A little more info about the shirts:

Personalized T-shirts

Beginning November 14, 2008, be sure to stop by our newest personalization location on Main Street, U.S.A., Celebration Custom Printers - Specializing in Wearable Memories. Here you can have your name imprinted on specially designed commemorative t-shirts. So, whether you are celebrating your birthday, commemorating your recent nuptials or identifying your family members with our special "Family Reunion" tees, you're sure to come away with a special memory that will last a lifetime. And for our younger Jedi Knights in Training or Disney Princesses to be, now you can choose to personalize your own t-shirt with our special kids only imprinted tees.

Personalized T-shirts include:

Just Married
Mickey and Minnie in wedding attire - Ladies style; names personalized above the graphic

Happy Birthday
Mickey, Goofy and Donald celebrate your birthday - Available in Adults and Youth; name can be personalized below graphic

Family Reunion
Mickey and the gang - Available in Adult, Youth and Infant; Family's last name and year can be personalized below graphic

Youth Only T-shirts:

Jedi in Training
Mickey in the Jedi Training Academy complete with Light Saber - Available in Youth sizes; Personalized with Jedi Training Academy and child's first name

Official Member of the Royal Court
Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White - Available in Youth sizes; personalized with the word Princess and the child's first name
Personalization will be available for approximately $4.00 per line on applicable t-shirts. Please visit Celebration Custom Printers - Specializing in Wearable Memories located to the right side of Disney Showcase on Main Street, U.S.A. at DisneylandŽ park. I've asked for pricing on the base shirts, and also if the guys get to buy a "Just Married" shirt too.

AVP

Drince88
10-29-2008, 08:36 AM
One thing I noticed on the picture shown for these vs Zazzle - is that they actually appear to PRINT white - zazzle doesn't do that (so Mickey's eyes are the color of your shirt) - so that's something to take into consideration when deciding between the two options!

candles71
10-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Well gee as usual the only name there out of the six of us is Anthony. None of the rest of us...... which is usual.

olegc
10-29-2008, 03:55 PM
another "shiny object" :|
i still would rather have new shows/attractions/whatever... or better yet, merchandise unique to where I am visiting, not necessarily who I am...

boy - I hope 2009 goes by fast..

cstephens
10-29-2008, 04:08 PM
i still would rather have new shows/attractions/whatever

I thought we were getting a new parade? And Toy Story Midway Mania is a new attraction. And we're getting more new attractions in DCA as the makeover progresses.

cookie7762
10-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I think they should have "just engaged" merchandise, too! I think it would be safe to guess that just as many people get engaged at DLR as do honeymoon there.

cookie7762
10-29-2008, 04:17 PM
and p.s. no shelby for the pins either. boo!

mkraemer
10-29-2008, 04:32 PM
One thing I noticed on the picture shown for these vs Zazzle - is that they actually appear to PRINT white - zazzle doesn't do that (so Mickey's eyes are the color of your shirt) - so that's something to take into consideration when deciding between the two options!

I just ordered a baker's dozen shirts for our upcoming Disney Cruise Line trip from Zazzle, and I am absurdly thrilled with them.

I thought the whole process was great, from selecting the image, to deciding on the text, playing with fonts, personalizing each one...I had complete control. And the shirts are 'scaled' too--so the images on the adult 3x shirts are proportional to the ones on the kids' 6-8. There was a slight 'bulk' discount too. Shipping was amazingly fast. I can't praise it enough!

Drince88
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I just ordered a baker's dozen shirts for our upcoming Disney Cruise Line trip from Zazzle, and I am absurdly thrilled with them.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I was really happy with the purchase I had from them as well (Adult large to 3 year old size - same exact shade of blue) - but since I was picking Mickey I did make sure and get a picture of him that they 'whites of his eyes' weren't as big of a deal. But you could check it on the color of the shirt to see which one you liked more, which I REALLY appreciated!

Were you able to get whatever you wanted printed on them, or were you limited to names and such? When I was doing it, there really wasn't an option for 'Storming the Castle for the X time' so I just did that with the iron-on printer paper.

mkraemer
10-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Were you able to get whatever you wanted printed on them, or were you limited to names and such? When I was doing it, there really wasn't an option for 'Storming the Castle for the X time' so I just did that with the iron-on printer paper.

Yes! I was able to order whatever text I wanted on the shirts. On the back of each shirt, I specified "Thanksgiving Double-Dippin' on the Disney Magic 2008" in a really cute font. On the front, I have a tropical Mickey-and-friends (surfboards, hula Minnie) graphic, and below the graphic, I added the name of the person who will receive the shirt!

I think we will have the GREATEST group photo! :cool:

(And giving credit where credit is due, AVP is the one who told me about Zazzle.)

AnotherJenny
10-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Disney always has Jennifer and not Jenny. I noticed they have Madison though. How many times do you hear a mom calling out "Madison" when you walk through the park these days?

Well, I wouldn't want purple anyway. I like the blue nameplates much better, and I like the font better. Cute idea, but not enough options, imo. At least they have the nametag pins where you can get any name.

Drince88
10-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I think we will have the GREATEST group photo! :cool:

(And giving credit where credit is due, AVP is the one who told me about Zazzle.)
They HAVE changed their website. It would have been SOOO much easier to have had them do our whole shirts (and our group picture did turn out cute, even if there were only 6 of us!)

Just remember to take the group picture BEFORE the 3 year old has a Mickey Ice Cream Bar!!! (Fortunately, his dribble was pretty small, and well placed with the design!)

BunnyCups
10-29-2008, 11:42 PM
They have my name!!! They have my name!!! They have my name!!!

They NEVER have my name! How cool is this :p

mkraemer
10-30-2008, 08:31 PM
They HAVE changed their website. It would have been SOOO much easier to have had them do our whole shirts (and our group picture did turn out cute, even if there were only 6 of us!)

Just remember to take the group picture BEFORE the 3 year old has a Mickey Ice Cream Bar!!! (Fortunately, his dribble was pretty small, and well placed with the design!)

I'll try! I'm handing out the shirts to everyone on the morning we leave for the port, with the 'request' (ahem) that they wear the shirts when we embark on the ship so we have photos in them right away.

And well, after that, all bets are off! Messy ice cream treats all around! :rolleyes:

Mermaid
10-31-2008, 03:09 PM
I think they should have "just engaged" merchandise, too! I think it would be safe to guess that just as many people get engaged at DLR as do honeymoon there.

I agree. I made some "Just Engaged" ears when I got engaged. It was right when the personalized ears came out so a lot of CM's asked me about them!

reasonenough
10-31-2008, 11:32 PM
They don't have my name either! Our names must be too old fashioned!

I share a name with a certain mermaid that wanted to be where the people were and I still can't get a personalized pin!!

PanFan
11-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I used to have a lot of trouble finding my name growing up; I ended up with a plethora of personalized items with my middle name instead. I enjoyed having a fairly unique name, but have discovered that in recent years my first name has become absurdly more popular (rare is the day when I don't meet some child under the age of 6 whose parents don't point out my nametag and say that's her name too). In an interesting twist of irony, Disney's collection offers my first name and not my middle name. Go figure!

cynthia312
11-02-2008, 06:33 PM
This personalized merchandise stuff is pretty cool. :) I'm going to look for the personalized pins for my boyfriend and i the next time we go to the park! thanks for all the info!