PDA

View Full Version : Best spot for snow?

TerryTiger
11-23-2002, 09:17 AM
Over the past several visits, I've tried to find the best spot for viewing the snow effect after the fireworks. My favorite fireworks viewing spot (just past the end of Main Street between Plaza Pavilion and Plaza Inn) seems to be a poor place for the snow. Last week I tried in front of the castle since they seem to have light towers for the snow effect on both sides of the castle entry plaza but there was nothing. I know they have snow machines along the parade route both in front and behind the hub so I thought it would be logical to have snow around the castle, but no luck. Last night I stood right at the end of the Main Street bldgs. and the snow was still disappointing. Although you could hear snow machine blowers on both sides of the Main Street bldgs, the one on top of Coke Corner didn't seem to put out any snow at all and one on the opposite side was positioned to blow the snow back towards the front of the park so no snow was falling at all where we were standing. Seems whenever I pick a spot directly below a snow blower, the wind carries it somewhere else! Anyone have any good reliable locations to see the effect in all it's glory?

Rallymonkey23
11-23-2002, 05:14 PM
I have recently typed a post about the problems with the snow.

The only advise I have for you on this is to lick your finger, stick it up in the air and try to determine which way the wind is blowing. But, as I mentioned (And so have you) in my post, you also have to be lucky to be standing under a working snow maker.

Here is a link to my post on this topic. Believe Snow (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11830)

TimBuk2
11-23-2002, 09:55 PM
When we saw the fireworks last season, we always watch them from the left side line for the Matterhorn. Right across from the Alice in Wonderland ride.

Then came the snow. So on that street between the Matterhorn and Small World was the best snow I saw there. If there are gusts of wind, the snow stinks anyway. But for the quantity of snow, that was great.

Also on Main St. it's ok, but too crowded. Behind the Matterhorn it was bad at all.