PDA

View Full Version : What makes you cry WITH JOY at the park?

Lani
07-09-2001, 11:39 AM
CaliforniaCrazy's comment, "Well, I just got back from DCA after seeing the Electrical Parade, and I am glad I did. It brought back a lot of sentimental feelings in my mind, and I can honestly say I cried when that music started up" from another thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1105) reminded me...

What, if anything, has brought tears of joy and happiness to you in the park?

For me, it has to be seeing all of the characters waving their scarfs with their choreographed steps at the climax of Fantasmic. By that time my lower lip is all blubbery anyway, and the combination of seeing them come by on the Mark Twain, and hearing the crescendo of music... just leaves me in tears for pretty much the rest of the show.

The only thing somewhat close to that for me has been the Believe! fireworks show.

OK, so perhaps you cried with joy when you finally pulled a sliver out of your finger while in Frontierland, but you get the idea. Is there anything in the park that has, or does, make you well up in tears of joy?

Sheila
07-09-2001, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by lani
Is there anything in the park that has, or does, make you well up in tears of joy?

For me, seeing Tinker Bell fly across the sky during Believe! It brings back childhood memories of watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color every Sunday night. I fondly remember seeing Tink flit around the screen during the opening credits and then Uncle Walt introducing each episode...

Gets me every time!

Sheila

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2001, 12:26 PM
Lani,

I whole-heartedly agree with the Mark Twain portion of Fantasmic and the finally that follows with Mickey and the fireworks. Its the perfect mix of visual stimuli and musical stimuli.

DisneylandBoy
07-09-2001, 01:05 PM
For me, I got choked up when I heard the Electrical Parade music begin. It had been so long since I last heard it, I couldn't help myself. Also, when Mickey is on top of the house on the Island at the end of Fantasmic doing his little dane move (after the Mark Twain) that gets me.

JRob2k1
07-09-2001, 01:49 PM
Like you all said, the Fantasmic finale, MSEP, Believe...

But last christmas brought the Believe Holiday edition with snow and that was magical to me. <tear>

-JRob

lisap
07-09-2001, 02:29 PM
I used to get choked up during the Lion King Parade. This was a while ago, but the choreography and music and the puppetronics were so well done, I would loose it.

You know, I've only seen Fantasmic 2 times, and the show didn't get to me emotionally for some reason. I should try it from the dessert balcony...maybe the sight of chocolate mousse plus the show would get something going.

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2001, 02:31 PM
Another good spot is right below that balcony. There is a big open space in front of you because of the walkway and people usually walk on the side of the walkway furthest from you. GO FANTASMIC!!

AVP
07-09-2001, 02:43 PM
Things that have made me cry at the Disneyland Resort this week:

The return of the Electrical Parade. At the last, glowing-away-forever performance in Disneyland, I swear that each of the turtles and snails came up to me and said goodbye. I was in tears that whole night. They were my favorite characters in the parade, and I was devestated that I wasn't going to get to see them again anytime soon.

On Monday, when the parade appeared for the first time, all of the snails and turtles came up to me again, nodded their heads and spun around as if they were saying "Hi, cheer up, we're back!" Again, I was in tears.

The finale of Disneyland's 4th of July fireworks was another tear jerker. It was even better than last year, and I didn't think that was possible.

Adrienne VP

Lani
07-09-2001, 03:13 PM
Excuse me very much, as I forgot a rather important and profound event that occurred to me in the park roughly 20.5 months ago, and which brought me to speechless, blubbering tears. My lovely husband proposed to me at the Snow White Grotto. :D

[OK, you may now all collectively give an "Awwwww"... and then you can LAUGH at me for forgetting to mention this in my original post.]

JRob2k1
07-09-2001, 03:16 PM
AWWWWW!!

I hope I can propose to my future wife in Disneyland! That would be so perfect, of course I hope she shares the same love for DL that I do!!

-JRob

lisap
07-09-2001, 03:36 PM
Yes, put that priority for choosing a mate right next to shared values, religion, and family. DL is a shared value, in my opinion.

amynicole22
07-09-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by lisap
Yes, put that priority for choosing a mate right next to shared values, religion, and family. DL is a shared value, in my opinion.

Early in the dating process I knew that my boyfriend was the one for me because he had a DL annual pass *before* I met him - and he's a great guy.

But the DL pass was the clincher - Priorities, right?

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2001, 05:06 PM
I am starting to feel the same way..... I have had a pass for 5 years but only this year have i really become, dare i say, obsessed with it. The girl in my life must at least like disney alot, if not have a pass already!

Mandrake Linux
07-09-2001, 05:09 PM
When they repair something.

winniepooh
07-11-2001, 02:32 AM
When my boyfriend proposed to me at "The blue lagoon"

Very romantic...

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-11-2001, 08:38 AM
I don't have to go very far. Just entering the park and reading above the tunnels! ;)

sunshine
07-11-2001, 11:19 AM
For me it is Fantasmic. We went to Disneyland for Mother's Day one year and it was the perfect Mother's Day, ending with Fantasmic. Seeing all the characters on the Mark Twain Boat really got to me, being with my husband and kids. We watched a lot of Disney Movies over the years with the kids, so it was appropriate for Mother's Day.

Lacrosse Boy
07-11-2001, 11:57 AM
Boys don't cry (at least ones my age, 13) . . . but it they did, I would cry when I see a little kid meet Mickey for the first time.

DisneyFreak2000
07-11-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Lacrosse Boy
Boys don't cry (at least ones my age, 13)

Same here... I feel just walking down Main Street heading towards the hub and castle is kinda special though. That one specific area of the park has the most "magic" because it is the one part of Walt's original Disneyland that has remained mostly untouched.

Napsto
07-11-2001, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by winniepooh
When my boyfriend proposed to me at "The blue lagoon"

Very romantic...

where is the blue lagoon?

beanpole
07-12-2001, 02:03 AM
While visiting DL with my wife, her sister, and my 5 year old niece, we took in a show at the Tiki Room. When the birds asked everybody to 'sing along', my niece stood up and did exactly that, swaying back and forth to the music, clapping her hands and singing, all the while staring with wide-eyed wonder at the colorful birds overhead. Her mother - smiling ear to ear at the sight of her daughter so caught up in the show - had tears pouring down her cheeks. It was a magical Disney moment. Thanks, Walt.

Lost Boy
07-12-2001, 08:44 PM
Mickey in the Sorcerers Garment standing on top of the house at the finale of Fantasmic!

The Main Street Electrical Parade Opening Announcement and music.

Getting a Hug from Mickey when I was just standing there watching him and the kids. He saw me and came right over with outstretched arms. I had to kneel down to hug him back.

The Castle at night.

The Lion King Parade show piece where they stopped the floats in Town Square and "The Circle of Life" just blarred down from every speaker in the area. The first time I saw that I was a wreck. I was crying so hard I almost choked. A suit had to come over and pound me on the back so I could catch my breath. It was the most moving experience I have had. I love the lion King Movie, Parade, Show at Animal Kingdom and on Broadway (OK, here in California It's Lion King on Hollywood Blvd., but it still is great),