PDA

View Full Version : Disney pens running out of ink?

IdahoMike
10-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Has anyone else experienced this issue when they buy a pen at the resort? We bought one on Thursday the 9th, and by Sunday the 12th, it was dead. It had only been used for character autographs. We were able to return it for a new one (tried a different style) but alas, it also ran out during the Trick or Treat Party on the 16th. This time we just bought a different style, and it seemed to hold up better.
This also happened on our last trip, the first pen we bought died within 2 days.

What is the deal with the pens, do I just have bad luck?

foolishmortal
10-22-2008, 08:15 AM
it's not just you!
That happens to us a lot! The big fat pens seem to last much better. Plus I bring a back up pen from home.

disneylandgirl
10-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Hmmm... I have three pens from about 2 years ago, and they still work fine. I am using one right now at work actually! I got the ones where there is the outline of a character head at the top. I have one Mickey, on Minnie, and one Goofey, and all three work. Maybe it's the newer pens that just have less ink in them...? :confused:

candles71
10-22-2008, 04:18 PM
one out of about 10 pens is still working..... and they go pretty quick!!

ChurroGirl
10-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I have had my pen since the beginning of the month and it has been working just fine!

I also have a coworker who has he same pens and she has had here since the beginning of spring break and hers still work just fine too!

Malcon10t
10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I have a few Disney pens, mowst importantly my Mickey pen at work. Everyone knows that pen doesn't leave my desk. I've had it for about 2 years.

firetwirl07
10-22-2008, 08:55 PM
I bought a cinderella pen a year and a half ago and its still good.

june1st1997
10-23-2008, 08:10 AM
I LOVE the Disneyland Resort pens... I have had some as long as 4 years.. still working great.

disneylandgirl
10-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Have you tried holding the end of the pen and shaking it really hard so that any ink would go towards the tip? Licking the balpoint helps too.

Rockchalker
10-23-2008, 03:14 PM
I have not had any problems with the ballpoint pens or the traditional pens. I have had problems with the character type pens falling apart. But I don't think they are built to be shoved in a pocket, purse, backpack, etc.

IdahoMike
10-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh, we definitely shook them, tried writing on other types of paper, all the tricks you can think of. Princess Aurora tried the same thing, but with no luck. We got a pen with Buzz hanging from a chain on our 3rd try, and that one seems to be holding up well.

newhdplayer
10-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Obama will make sure your pens will never run out of ink.

He will have unconditional conversations with the Manufacturer's Presidents as soon as he's elected. :)

petesimac
10-24-2008, 06:12 AM

He will have unconditional conversations with the Manufacturer's Presidents as soon as he's elected. :)

Thank you for that off topic, political comment. We talk Disney here; keep to the code please.

newhdplayer
10-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Thank you for that off topic, political comment. We talk Disney here; keep to the code please.

My sincere apologies.

Back to the pens that don't work. How are we going to fix this problem?

Rockchalker
10-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Back to the pens that don't work. How are we going to fix this problem?

If there is one thing I love about Disney, they will bend over backwards to fix a problem for a guest. I have never had any problems exchanging broken items (pens, cups, keychains, etc.) I have even had a stuffed animal replaced for free when I conversationally mentioned to the cashier that we were replacing the stuffed animal my son through out of the boat on the Pirates ride. No worries, no problems, no receipt. Now, I have never taken advantage of the situation and I had no expectation of them replacing a stuffed animal I could not even prove I had bought the day before, but they have gone out of the way to fix a situation.

disneylandgirl
12-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Hmmm... I have three pens from about 2 years ago, and they still work fine. I am using one right now at work actually! I got the ones where there is the outline of a character head at the top. I have one Mickey, on Minnie, and one Goofey, and all three work. Maybe it's the newer pens that just have less ink in them...? :confused:

One of my pens just ran out of ink!! :mad:

Good thing I will be at DL in about a week, I can get another one. :D

kiowa
12-05-2008, 10:34 AM

Back in 2006 Obama autographed my character book in Disneyworld. Before all the hype.