PDA

View Full Version : Country Inn by Ayres

Zina
11-21-2002, 12:21 PM
Just booked AAA rate of $69 a night at the Country Inn by Ayres. It is about 2 m from DL with free shuttle. The king suite has K bed and pull out couch. Micro and fridge included, outdoor heated pool. Comes with a full cooked to order breakfast and nightly reception days we will be there from 5-7pm. Anyone had experience here? The customer service was excellent via phone. I guess they are a bit older and smaller that Ayres Hotel...but they claim that is a plus as they can cater to guests. Its always nice to hear from you and your experienc to ensure we've picked a nice place. Cant wait toi hear your comments. Thanks!:cool:

jslivinski
11-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Country Inn Review (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrcountryinn&find-lower-limit=11)

Country Inn Thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=112939#post112939)

From an email I recently wrote regarding an inquiry on my review.
The Country Inn (Ayres Hotel) in Orange was very nice and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, however, it is not our first choice of places in the area. I highly recommend the Residence Inn in Orange. It is right next to Country Inn (CI), but on the otherside of the freeway. For $74.00 (current discounted rate) you get a studio (1 or 2 beds, living area & full kitchen), breakfast (not as nice as CI, but better than most) and dinner.
Note: She was able to get the Residence Inn for $64.00 for August 2003.

In regards to comments in your post and our experience at the Country Inn.

Breakfast was excellent, but was not made to order. Two tables were set up and you filled your own plate.

We had a king room and supplied our own microwave as only the suites had microwaves.

The nightly offerings were horderves (sp) and fresh cookies (if you were fast to the reception desk) :).

The customer services was superb. I was a real pain in the fanny. I actually think they kept notes of my many calls, because as it got closer to our trip the amount of time I spent on hold increased (I always assumed it was because they were reading my book) and they seemed to know more about me when they came back.

As I've said in my review, it is not my first pick (I really like having a kitchen), but our stay was pleasant, the room was roomy and the grounds tranquil.

Zina
11-21-2002, 07:01 PM
JS-Thanks for all of the info. I have found very few reviews of either place. I guess because so many DL visitors are willing to stay at the hotels across the St. from the park. I was just there 2 weeks ago and they did not look very nice. I cannot stand the idea of an outdoor corridor...just too creepy for me. So, glad to hear your stay was a good one at Counrty Inn. My main concern at Res Inn Orange was simply customer service. I saw that service wasn't great there at that time. I am sure things change and the 2 calls I made so far were okay.
I need to discuss pros and cons with my hubby. The thing with expedia is that when you book it, it's done. So, I want to be sure. I guess since we will be there a whole week it is worth it to have the extra space, kitchen and dinner included.
Thanks again for all the info.

Nigel2
11-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Isn't that the place located right next to the freeway offramp? It looks nice but if there is anything going on at the pond when you are coming back you may get stuck in a traffic jam.

MouseWife
11-21-2002, 09:00 PM
From either Country Inn by Ayres and Residence Inn by Marriott in Orange?

I think I will have to check out the Orange County webpage and see if anything is up..............

Thanks for the info!!

jslivinski
11-22-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Zina
The thing with expedia is that when you book it, it's done. So, I want to be sure. I guess since we will be there a whole week it is worth it to have the extra space, kitchen and dinner included.My recollection of Expedia is that there is a $25.00 charge for canceling, but other than that you get a full refund. At least that’s what it was last June. They we’re easy to work with and the credit showed up the next month.

Originally posted by Nigel2
Isn't that the place located right next to the freeway offramp? It looks nice but if there is anything going on at the pond when you are coming back you may get stuck in a traffic jam. It is by an off ramp (a very long off ramp), however, we’ve never experienced any problems with traffic.

Nigel2
11-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it's the place by the hooters, well soon to be hooters.:~D

Still, I check to see if anything is going on at the pond just in case you have to be back for anything.